The Student Room Group

Getting a nose job at 16?

I feel self concious amount my nose even though people tell me my nose looks fine.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by mero22
I feel self concious amount my nose even though people tell me my nose looks fine.

Your nose looks fine.
I'd seek some sort of support for your self esteem issues before getting a nose job.
Pretty sure your nose is fine.
Original post by mero22

Your nose probably is fine, people would not lie about it:h: so don't worry' and definitely don't do anything permanent that you would regret!
Reply 6
Lol. I hope you and realise that cosmetic surgery is unlikely to resolve your deep-rooted self-esteem issues. You're both still very young so I really don't think you should be rushing into any decision. But the decision is of course ultimately yours at the end of the day....

[video="youtube;5rGkVcnIuj0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rGkVcnIuj0[/video]
Reply 7
Omg what is this generation of materialism and insecurity...
Reply 8
Original post by eden3
Lol. I hope you and realise that cosmetic surgery is unlikely to resolve your deep-rooted self-esteem issues. You're both still very young so I really don't think you should be rushing into any decision. But the decision is of course ultimately yours at the end of the day....

Plastic surgery as a teen is seen as normal now.
[video="youtube;mwK5o0nLosc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK5o0nLosc[/video]
Kalel isn't sure about her new nose which scares me.(kalel's an adult)
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't bother
Reply 10
Lol bro I know what it's like to be self-conscious trust me.

I would hope that one day you come to the realisation that everybody has flaws, nobody is perfect physically/socially/mentally. We live in such a ****ing superficial society that a lot of young impressionable people think they have to uphold to society's standards of physical attractiveness.

Now I know you stated that you are not happy with how your ears look but you wouldn't be self-conscious about them if it weren't for you caring about what others think of you (to an extent). Nobody stays young and beautiful forever lol. Like I said IMHO you're still pretty young as is the OP, so you really shouldn't be so focused on wanting to change your appearance so bad.

You may think your ears are unattractive, others may perceive it as unique & adding 'character' :wink: Just got to learn to 'love yourself', as cliche as that sounds.

This is just my opinion, I'm not your dad, you can do whateva the F**K you wanna doooooooo!

:smile:
Reply 11
[QUOTE="mero22;65385581"]
Original post by eden3
Lol. I hope you and ---- realise that cosmetic surgery is unlikely to resolve your deep-rooted self-esteem issues. You're both still very young so I really don't think you should be rushing into any decision. But the decision is of course ultimately yours at the end of the day....

Plastic surgery as a teen is seen as normal.
[video="youtube;mwK5o0nLosc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK5o0nLosc[/video]
Kalel isn't sure about her new nose which scares me.(kalel's an adult)

Yeah what a surprise. It's because teens are more impulsive, reckless & extremely impressionable to society's standards and wanting to be accepted.
(edited 1 year ago)
Send a picture of your nose.
Original post by mero22

Septoplasty yes, rhinoplasty no.
Original post by mero22

I don't think you should yet, you're still so young and it's likely you will still grow into your features. I look so different from 2 years ago, honestly I think you should wait or never do it at all.
Reply 15
often, having cosmetic surgery does not boost your self esteem or make you feel happy with the way you look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLNTb2zfh3Q

even just being photoshopped with the ideal body wasn't enough for these men and actually made them realise they liked their old selves. my nose is big, curved and distinctly arab but it gives me character and does a pretty good job at breathing and smelling. im a supporter or cosmetic surgery ONLY IF you resolve your self esteem issues first, they are more than skin deep.
Reply 16
Original post by eden3
Original post by mero22

Yeah what a surprise. It's because teens are more impulsive, reckless & extremely impressionable to society's standards and wanting to be accepted.

Most of us want to look like this.

13129708_1140059546038288_723652752_n.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
how ****ed is your nose on a scale from 1 to squidward?
Reply 19
Original post by AaronElliott69
how ****ed is your nose on a scale from 1 to squidward?

My nose looks similar to this.

maxresdefault.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest