The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's sad when when some women bring kids into the world to try and fix or even forge a relationship with an unwilling man. To me that is the epitome of desperation. The resultant children are nothing but pawns to them and likely to become victims of manipulation and psychological abuse themselves.

I agree, but we have zero evidence that is the case here.
Original post by Josb
What's the point of using the pill if you still need condoms?

Because as people have repeatedly said the pill is not 100% effective and in the case of FWB you want to avoid getting STDs.If you rely on your girlfriend /FWB being on the pill and then for whatever reason she ends up pregnant or you end up with a STD you will be partly responsible.

If you are in a stable and longterm relationship where you know there sexual health is good and the small possibility of getting pregnant has been discussed then just being on the pill is probably fine. If not use a condom or live with the consequences....
Original post by maridonna
The earliest you can possibly do an accurate preg test is about 6 weeks after her last period

What!?! No it isn't. At around the time a woman's period is due, most tests are accurate; and many brands will give a clear result several days earlier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eden3
OHHHHHH mayne OP creampied it and just let the nuts hangin out. His pull out game weak mayyyyne.

https://youtu.be/mg-C8kTkHr8?t=379

Ohhhh maynee you gotta practice that ****! But maybe the girl sent this emayo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LohkN9LUU6M
Original post by maridonna
OP, before you start booking your flight to Rio, are you sure she is actually pregnant? You said she thinks she is 'two weeks' pregnant. This doesn't really make sense. The earliest you can possibly do an accurate preg test is about 6 weeks after her last period, and that assumes her cycle is regular which it won't necessarily be if she's been taking the pill for a while.

Why not just calm down, wait a couple of weeks, and go to the doctor with her. Then you can start making proper decisions when you know what you're really dealing with.

And by the way, just because you dont want to be with her, that doesn't mean you won't want to be part of the child's life. You'd be surprised how people change when a baby is actually born. But that's a LONG way off yet.

Good luck.

Finally somebody talks some sense. She said she's TWO WEEKS pregnant? I mean, I get that there aren't that many fathers in here, but women with cycles should know better.

This information isn't 100% correct, however, as hCG can be detected in the urine by modern home pregnancy kits even before the next cycle is due to start, as early as 11 days after conception or three and a half weeks since the start of the last cycle.

But the question is, who would even be testing that early?

OP, go get some basic sex education. If her cycle starts on the first day of the month, she's fertile for a few days around the 14th. If she conceives, she wouldn't have the first big clue until the 28th assuming she's dead regular. She might be nervous, but would not rush out and buy a home pregnancy test that day, because cycles, even on the pill, aren't that regular. So she wouldn't even be testing until she'd been pregnant 3 weeks at the earliest.

Tell her to get a blood test from her doctor to confirm. Then accept responsibility for what you have done, regardless of who may have lied to whom. Even with a lie, you're responsible for your actions, and what's important isn't whether or not it's convenient for you to be responsible for your actions, but whether or not it's convenient for the child for you to ignore your responsibilities.

Though I suspect that the one lying isn't the hypothetical girlfriend. Because women with cycles and the men who live with them know better.
Original post by Elivercury
I agree, but we have zero evidence that is the case here.

Even if the child isn't meant to forge a relationship between the two, the child is still a pawn in this game because if she lied about her intent that she was on the pill then she has some sort of deceptive agenda, whether it involves the father - I mean sperm donor - or not.
Reply 126
Original post by donutellme
Ohhhh maynee you gotta practice that ****! But maybe the girl sent this emayo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LohkN9LUU6M

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe OP should try some step sister action YEAHhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIrXtZaW6GM
Original post by JollyCynic

Good point. She either planned it or she's lying to stir up drama and get attention for some odd reason. Or she found out she's pregnant to someone else from earlier but wants to pin the paternity on this guy.
Even if the child isn't meant to forge a relationship between the two, the child is still a pawn in this game because if she lied about her intent that she was on the pill then she has some sort of deceptive agenda, whether it involves the father - I mean sperm donor - or not.

Once again, we have ZERO evidence she has done anything of the sort.

It is entirely possible she has been taking the pill consistently and took something that negated its effects (like certain antibiotics). It is also possible she missed a few and got unlucky. Neither of these indicate she's trying to force a relationship, simply that **** has happened and she's likely as terrified as the OP.

Where's the evidence that she lied about the pill?
Original post by JollyCynic
Finally somebody talks some sense. She said she's TWO WEEKS pregnant? I mean, I get that there aren't that many fathers in here, but women with cycles should know better.

This information isn't 100% correct, however, as hCG can be detected in the urine by modern home pregnancy kits even before the next cycle is due to start, as early as 11 days after conception or three and a half weeks since the start of the last cycle.

OP, go get some basic sex education. If her cycle starts on the first day of the month, she's fertile for a few days around the 14th. If she conceives, she wouldn't have the first big clue until the 28th assuming she's dead regular. She might be nervous, but would not rush out and buy a home pregnancy test that day, because cycles, even on the pill, aren't that regular. So she wouldn't even be testing until she'd been pregnant 3 weeks at the earliest.

Tell her to get a blood test from her doctor to confirm. Then accept responsibility for what you have done, regardless of who may have lied to whom. Even with a lie, you're responsible for your actions, and what's important isn't whether or not it's convenient for you to be responsible for your actions, but whether or not it's convenient for the child for you to ignore your responsibilities.

Though I suspect that the one lying isn't the hypothetical girlfriend. Because women with cycles and the men who live with them know better.

I previously discussed this. It's entirely possible she meant she's two weeks late and that is why she tested. I agree, she's quick off the mark with the testing, but then if she's potentially sleeping with multiple people casually, she might be conscious of the pill not being 100% effective.

At absolute best it is indicative evidence and not reason to suddenly decide she's trying to trap you. We also know nothing about this girl, it sounds like she's at university also and presumably has her own career ambitions.
Original post by eden3
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe OP should try some step sister action YEAHhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIrXtZaW6GM

They got allll kinds of experience on dis topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qpCsvo2GSI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHLa9uXmB3U

All kinds of professional, unlicensed advice
Original post by Elivercury
Once again, we have ZERO evidence she has done anything of the sort.

It is entirely possible she has been taking the pill consistently and took something that negated its effects (like certain antibiotics). It is also possible she missed a few and got unlucky. Neither of these indicate she's trying to force a relationship, simply that **** has happened and she's likely as terrified as the OP.

Original post by Shumaya
Where's the evidence that she lied about the pill?

Of course we don't have evidence as we don't know the girl personally and only she knows what she did or did not shove in her mouth (no pun intended!). But even if she 'missed a few' it's her own fault. Also if you are on another medication you know that it can interact with the pill and that you should use a condom in the meantime. I doubt she is that stupid but then again indeed we don't know.

What I will say is this is actually a two way dance and as much as yes the women should not bring the children into the world as pawns and meal tokens the young men need to be more careful too and not think with their little brains because it could cost them their entire future. I'm a woman so I have many choices available to me but the minute a man busts a load he has no rights or say so they have to be more smart about it if they don't want to be in this predicament.
If you can already assume that she lied to you about taking the pill and have zero trust that it can be an accident, then I feel pretty sorry for her to have slept with someone like you. You can't screw a girl and then blame the pregnancy on her...

The pill isn't 100%, it's not her fault alone, protection is up to both people when they have sex.

You clearly don't sound mature enough to be a father, but if you have sex with someone, you have to be prepared for the consequences. Maybe this is your chance to grow up.

Have you maybe imagined what she's going through right now? Maybe she doesn't want to terminate the pregnancy because of her beliefs or how she feels towards it. Maybe you should talk to her, WITHOUT BLAME, ONLY SUPPORT. and try to go from there, you don't immediately have to blame her for getting pregnant, when you're the one that put your willy in there in the first place
Reply 134
Go to Jeremy kyle

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in a FWB relationship but on my side it didn't last long and I ended up falling in love with him, as much as I am scared to admit it to him!My opinion is to ask her if she feels the same as you or more like a relationship!Thanks to this I called my FWB/ Partner and asked if we are together or not he said that we are together so I am so happy!Girls get much more attached even if they don't mean too, i was lying to him when I said that I didn't love him more than a friend!If you do care about her, then try and make a decision for the sake of the baby, I know i would if it was me and him! I know it feels like pure sex to you, to a girl sex is a relationship!Also actually make her prove she is actually pregnant, it might be lie, to guilt trip you into a relationship, you don't want to be in don't let her manipulate you!Make your own decision before you go speaking to her, she will twist your head to make you do what she wants, I know I end up doing that to my FWB/ Boyfriend. Tell her what you think first as she will use the pregnancy card! I have certainly done that! Do you love her? Does she love you? Are you ready for a baby? x
My step sister had 2 kids while on the pill (2 different ones) she never missed a single one. One of my friends has a little boy that is here through the pill and a condom. Nothing is 100% perfect, don't expect it to be. She may have been on the pill full time but it just doesn't work for her and she's only just realised. This is why FWB is more dangerous than people seem to realise. Don't blame the girl for skipping or lying until you actually know. She probably wants this child as much as you but doesn't agree with abortion

You need to talk to her properly. Until 6 weeks you cant really get proper confirmation, before then its a bit more risky as the child can be lost very easily . You need to talk to her about how she is planning to work things and what will happen with money etc. if she keeps it.
Good Luck
Of course we don't have evidence as we don't know the girl personally and only she knows what she did or did not shove in her mouth (no pun intended!). But even if she 'missed a few' it's her own fault. Also if you are on another medication you know that it can interact with the pill and that you should use a condom in the meantime. I doubt she is that stupid but then again indeed we don't know.

What I will say is this is actually a two way dance and as much as yes the women should not bring the children into the world as pawns and meal tokens the young men need to be more careful too and not think with their little brains because it could cost them their entire future. I'm a woman so I have many choices available to me but the minute a man busts a load he has no rights or say so they have to be more smart about it if they don't want to be in this predicament.

You are making the assumption they knew the medication would potentially interact. As I stated earlier in the thread, it was a big thing about 10 years ago when numerous women were given an antibiotic that stops the pill working, without any warning of this (or even being asked if they were on birth control). This resulted in numerous unplanned pregnancies.

Agreed that if she messed up taking the pill, she was silly, but ultimately it can't just be her responsibility, the OP needs to take some also. It also doesn't mean she's trying to trap him.

Realistically the method by which they got to where they are is irrelevant and what matters is dealing with it. And the best way to deal with it is certainly NOT to run in shouting that she's tried to trap him. If he is correct, what does she care? She has succeeded. If he's wrong, he's just shouted at and upset a pregnant, scared and confused young woman, which is unlikely to make her come to a rational decision about matters.
It's your own fault for not using protection.

Can you prove she didn't take the pill? If you could this could be a interesting criminal case as sex without a condom when a condom is specified then consent isn't given, could other types of protection be included in this?
Lots of stupid people saying it's his fault for not wearing a condom. Why should he ruin sex with the painful, unsatisfactory experience of wearing a condom when SHE LIED??? It's 100% her fault, stop blaming the victim.

ffs people will blame the man for anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending