The Student Room Group

Which bands/artists have you seen live?

Hey guys!

I've seen Papa Roach (twice), Seether and Black Sabbath so far (with support bands American Fangs, Middle Class Rut, The One Hundred, Coldrain, LTNT and Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats).

I'm also hoping to see Alestorm and Ensiferum in the future! :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've seen Kodaline (with support band The Beach) and Madonna. But I'm seeing more in summer :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Oh to many to even list after 10 years of attending Reading Festival :biggrin:
Original post by Reue
Oh to many to even list after 10 years of attending Reading Festival :biggrin:

Wow! :biggrin:
Reading festival 6 times, Bestival twice, many other small festivals so way too many to list.

I've seen pretty much every artist I want to (the ones that are still alive) other than Hans Zimmer..just missed out..too expensive!
went to big weekend in 2010, so ticked off a lot of bands on the sunday (think it was pendulum,rihanna,pixie lott, paolo nutini, plan b and kids and glasshouses that we saw).
Original post by hezzlington
Reading festival 6 times, Bestival twice, many other small festivals so way too many to list.

I've seen pretty much every artist I want to (the ones that are still alive) other than Hans Zimmer..just missed out..too expensive!

That's great, seeing artists you love is always so exciting! Aww that's a shame!
Reply 7
In the last 24 hours, Bruce Springsteen :biggrin:
Reply 8
Not that many. Went to Download 2012 so saw a load, some I cared for, some I didn't... The Prodigy, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Tenacious D, Biffy Clyro, Lamb of God, Black Veil Brides (didn't want to but oh well lol), Trivium, Black Label Society, Saxon, Steel Panther, Soundgarden, probably a couple of others. Other than that I've seen Elbow twice, Jeff Beck, The Killers, Roger Waters (with The Wall), and tons of small bands
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Not that many. Went to Download 2012 so saw a load, some I cared for, some I didn't... The Prodigy, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Tenacious D, Biffy Clyro, Lamb of God, Black Veil Brides (didn't want to but oh well lol), Trivium, Black Label Society, Saxon, Steel Panther, Soundgarden, probably a couple of others. Other than that I've seen Elbow twice, Jeff Beck, The Killers, Roger Waters (with The Wall), and tons of small bands

I was hoping to go to Download in 2013 as lots of my favourite bands were playing. Unfortunately it was the middle of GCSE exam time for me though so I couldn't!

Sounds like you had a good time though, I am jealous! :biggrin:
In no particular order -

When not working at the event - Alestorm, Red Rum, Lagerstein, Rainbowdragoneyes, Dorje, Chimaira, Lamb of God, Periphery

When working (job whilst a student) - Motorhead, Pendulum, Trivium, In Flames, Rise to Remain, Insense, Ghost, Duff McKagan's Loaded (got duff to sign a 4x12 cab at that :biggrin:), Ugly Kid Joe, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Alice Cooper, Enter Shikari, The Prodigy, Halestorm, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Thin Lizzy, Blur, Madness.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Original post by iainvg
In no particular order -

When not working at the event - Alestorm, Red Rum, Lagerstein, Rainbowdragoneyes, Dorje, Chimaira, Lamb of God, Periphery

When working (job whilst a student) - Motorhead, Pendulum, Trivium, In Flames, Rise to Remain, Insense, Ghost, Duff McKagan's Loaded (got duff to sign a 4x12 cab at that :biggrin:), Ugly Kid Joe, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Alice Cooper, Enter Shikari, The Prodigy, Halestorm, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Thin Lizzy, Blur, Madness.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Are you an Alestorm fan too?! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Leviathan1741
I was hoping to go to Download in 2013 as lots of my favourite bands were playing. Unfortunately it was the middle of GCSE exam time for me though so I couldn't!

Sounds like you had a good time though, I am jealous! :biggrin:

Actually I had a similar problem, after 2012 I wanted to go again, my GCSEs were in 2013 though. But 2012 was the perfect year, I loved Metallica, and my dad thought it'd be a great idea to go as he'd always loved Black Sabbath. I got near the front in that during War Pigs and it was so claustrophobic, got crowd surfed out lol.

It was great but I'm sad to have missed Opeth, Dropkick Murphys, Slash, Rise Against and others that clashed... :frown:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Actually I had a similar problem, after 2012 I wanted to go again, my GCSEs were in 2013 though. But 2012 was the perfect year, I loved Metallica, and my dad thought it'd be a great idea to go as he'd always loved Black Sabbath. I got near the front in that during War Pigs and it was so claustrophobic, got crowd surfed out lol.

It was great but I'm sad to have missed Opeth, Dropkick Murphys, Slash, Rise Against and others that clashed... :frown:

It's such a shame about the timing isn't it? When I saw Black Sabbath back in 2013 War Pigs was the first song they played, it was the best concert I've been to! I'd love to see them again before they retire :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Are you an Alestorm fan too?! :biggrin:

Prefer the older albums, took my brother to it for his birthday, as he loves them. But then his normal attire does include a tricorn so...
Original post by iainvg
Prefer the older albums, took my brother to it for his birthday, as he loves them. But then his normal attire does include a tricorn so...

Ah fair enough! I love all of their albums, they're my favourite band! :smile:
2012 (2)
Reverend And The Makers (The O2, London)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (The O2, London)

2014 (22)
Royal Blood (Finsbury Park, London)
Miles Kane (Finsbury Park, London)
Tame Impala (Finsbury Park, London)
Arctic Monkeys (Finsbury Park, London)
Hosier (Latitude Festival)
Billy Bragg (Latitude Festival)
Crystal Fighters (Latitude Festival)
James Bay (Latitude Festival)
Lily Allen (Latitude Festival)
Rag ’N’ Bone Man (Latitude Festival)
Years and Years (Latitude Festival)
Jungle (Latitude Festival)
Bombay Bicycle Club (Latitude Festival)
Catfish And The Bottlemen (Latitude Festival)
Damon Albarn (Latitude Festival)
George Ezra (Latitude Festival)
Fat White Family (Latitude Festival)
Haim (Latitude Festival)
Circa Waves (Latitude Festival)
Tame Impala (Latitude Festival)
Clean Bandit (Latitude Festival)
The Black Keys (Latitude Festival)

2015 (29)
Olly Murs (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Clean Bandit (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
George Ezra (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Rita Ora (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Imagine Dragons (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Lethal Bizzle (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Catfish And The Bottlemen (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
Taylor Swift (BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, Norwich)
The Districts (Latitude Festival)
Caribou (Latitude Festival)
alt-J (Latitude Festival)
Songhoy Blues (Latitude Festival)
Drenge (Latitude Festival)
Badly Drawn Boy (Latitude Festival)
Wolf Alice (Latitude Festival)
Catfish And The Bottlemen (Latitude Festival)
The Vaccines (Latitude Festival)
The Boomtown Rats (Latitude Festival)
Seasick Steve (Latitude Festival)
Manic Street Preachers (Latitude Festival)
Years & Years (Latitude Festival)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (Latitude Festival)
Against Me! (Reading Festival)
The Cribs (Reading Festival)
The Maccabees (Reading Festival)
Jamie T (Reading Festival)
Kendrick Lamar (Reading Festival)
The Libertines (Reading Festival)
Tinchy Stryder (Unit 17, Ipswich)

Bloody Knees (UEA Students’ Union, Norwich)
Crows (UEA Students’ Union, Norwich)
Wolf Alice (UEA Students’ Union, Norwich)

Excuse the strange formatting, I just copied and pasted it out of a document I keep
(edited 7 years ago)
2013:
Maximo Park (I) (Godiva Festival)
Fearless Vampire Killers (I)
The Darkness
LostAlone
Heaven's Basement
Black Veil Brides [I apologize in advance]

2014:
Fearless Vampire Killers (II)
William Control
Ashestoangels (I & II)
Maximo Park (II)
Teleman
Funeral For A Friend (Godiva Festival)

2015:
Enter Shikari
Feed The Rhino
Allusondrugs
In This Moment
Fearless Vampire Killers (III)
Maximo Park (III)
Stealing Sheep
Ashestoangels (III)
Bring Me The Horizon
Neck Deep

Muse
Nothing But Thieves
Jeff Lynne's ELO
The Feeling

Upcoming:
Billy Talent

It seems that I take one (or I guess three) bands and run with them.
A Day To Remember
Shinedown
Halestorm
Taking Back Sunday twice
Lostprophets
Saosin
Senses Fail
Aiden
Daniel Merriweather
Gorillaz
Warpaint
Dum Dum Girls