The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no it's not wrong
In terms of the law - Its fine.
Socially - It depends on the people in question. Yes we could assume the 16 year old is too naive and immature to be engaging in something pretty adult like and the 19 year old is mature etc. However this might not be the case at all.
So depends on the people in question.
Depends on their maturity level
16 year old boy and 19 year old girl - No problem in the eyes of the media
16 year old girl and 19 year old boy - HES A PEDO RAPIST ARREST HIM
one part of me says no as i had relationships with that sort of age gap at that age another part of me says it is rather a question of maturity as for my age as the aspergers made it easy to learn stuff and not have emotions about my environment so i acted like i was a good 3-5 years older than i was most of the time so i just fitted it and it was only when people found out my age that it was a surprise
Reply 25
Original post by SeanFM
I would say so. Someone at 16 could just be finishing GCSEs, someone at 19 could be finishing second year of uni. Huge difference in maturity. Where's the guy finding 16 year olds anyway? :s-smilie:

On TSR :sexface:

Aren't gal usually more mature for their age than lads?
Original post by RobML
On TSR :sexface:

Aren't gal usually more mature for their age than lads?

:toofunny:

Yeah, I think you're right there. Anyway, I wouldn't go out of my way to stop anyone or slag them off :redface: sometimes what people have can be real and you have to look at it at a case by case basis, I guess. :redface:
Im16 and like to go for older guys.I was doing a thing with a 20 year old guy and tbh he was way mature then guys my age and We could have good meaningful conversations so yeah it deffo shouldn't be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
^^ I wonder what a 16 yr old & a 19/20 yr old have conversations about... O_o
nah
Legally? It's fine. Socially? It's pretty rapey in my opinion.

I'd put it on the same level as my friend who used to go to clubs, buy girls drinks, stay sober himself, then try to pick up drunk girls to sleep with. Legally? It's fine. Socially? It's pretty rapey in my opinion.
It's haram.
Reply 32
as long as u bust a nut its kl
teenagers are very vulnerable; their brains and emotional equipment take a long time to bed down:

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-still-under-construction/index.shtml

imho the age of 16 does not reflect this vulnerability.
if its legal I see no issue, 19 is barely an adult anyway
Half your age plus 7 is the lower limit rule, so I say just ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Elivercury

I'd put it on the same level as my friend who used to go to clubs, buy girls drinks, stay sober himself, then try to pick up drunk girls to sleep with. Legally? It's fine. Socially? It's pretty rapey in my opinion.

That's actually rape.
I'm 16 and my boyfriend's 19- we're both quite mature though, if our maturity levels were different then I imagine the age gap would be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Elivercury

How are you comparing actual rape to consensual sex?

You're implying 16 year olds are complete retards who aren't ready for sex. Some are, some aren't.
Original post by RobML
That's actually rape.

No it isn't. If sleeping with drunk girls was rape, we'd be convicting most of the country. Same for drunk men actually.

If they're passed out drunk and unable consent then this is obviously rape. If they're conscious and able to consent, but with lowered inhibitions/common sense, this is perfectly legal, if distasteful and dodgy.

Lets not pretend here that we all would make the same wonderful choices we make while drunk if we were sober.

Latest

Trending

Trending