The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Does anyone have any advice on how to write a personal statement? I am applying for medicine in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen.
Original post by alisa728727
Does anyone have any advice on how to write a personal statement? I am applying for medicine in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen.

Hi Alisa, I would suggest asking in the Personal Statement Advice forum :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi Alisa, I would suggest asking in the Personal Statement Advice forum :h:

Thank, I'll give it a shot
Try our PS builder (see my sig). It'll help you collect your ideas.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Try our PS builder (see my sig). It'll help you collect your ideas.

Okay thanks
There's also the medicine PS writing guidance (linked in my signature) :smile:
Reply 6
[QUOTE=*Interrobang*;65544317]There's also the medicine PS writing guidance (linked in my signature) :smile:

Okay thanks, I'll check it out

Hey Alisa, we always advise people to make use of the advice on the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/when-apply/writing-personal-statement. It is really really helpful and easy to follow!

If you are in college, there may be someone there who can help you. Your local careers center may also be able to give you some pointers too.

Just makes sure you cover your skills, abilities, strengths, weaknesses (and how you overcome them), motivation and experiences!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Reply 8
[QUOTE=Glyndŵr University;65590227]Hey Alisa, we always advise people to make use of the advice on the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/when-apply/writing-personal-statement. It is really really helpful and easy to follow!

If you are in college, there may be someone there who can help you. Your local careers center may also be able to give you some pointers too.

Just makes sure you cover your skills, abilities, strengths, weaknesses (and how you overcome them), motivation and experiences!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)

Thank you Dave! I'll use the website to prepare for the test. And I'll make sure I cover them. Thanks!
Thank you Dave! I'll use the website to prepare for the test. And I'll make sure I cover them. Thanks!

A pleasure. Some suggested to me this morning that a good way to check it is to get your friend to read it back to you - it might give you a better idea of how it flows, and if you have missed anything out.

Dave (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending