The Student Room Group

Should I go against my families wishes to be with the Girl I LOVE?

Hello,

This is quite similar to Romeo and Juliet, I will explain concisely. From the beginning, Me and this girl were best friends from the start of year 10 until the midway of year 11 in which we had confessed feelings for each other. I was crazy about her. She was legit the actual world to me. Things got intense and by April we were boyfriend and girlfriend. However, only a week into our relationship, I had discovered she had been testing this guy in which involved a dick pic being sent to her. I was distraught and heartbroken but had chosen to stay with her because she had promised that she would be loyal and she would do anything for me to trust her again. We only lasted about a month till our trust issues had seen the end of us. My family had then been made aware of what had happened and were aware of how this girl had broken my heart. They had quite a deep hate for this girl-especially my Mother. With my families motivation, I had forced myself to try and get over her. 3 months later, I discover she has a new boyfriend. Everyone knew she was with him just so she could make me jealous, and it worked. However, I did not let that get the better of me and carried on my with mission of getting over her. Almost 6 months later, she had been on my mind everyday until I had realised, no matter how much this girl has hurt me, I am still in love with her. Although I was in love with her, I did not choose to confess my feelings to her as I did not want to make my family upset as the last thing they wanted was for me to be with her. Several months later, she had sent me a long paragraph confessing her deep love for me and that although she had a boyfriend, the love she had for me was nothing compared to him. She had told me that if she wanted to get back together, she would drop her boyfriend in a heartbeat and get back with me. She had deeply apologised for all she had done to hurt me and swore she had changed.This moment was yesterday and I am yet to decide. I am torn between choosing to be with the girl I love, to fix things and hope to spend the rest of my life with, but at the same time I do not want to upset and disappoint my parents. If I were to get back with her, I would be willing to wait a while until I confess it to my family and whether they accept it or not is something I am worried about, but if they do not I do not see it increasing the chances of me breaking up with her- I would be willing to be with the girl I love even if it takes my family a century to explain it.

If you had read this long, Thank you, and ask, what do you believe is the best thing to do?
Just Banging Tunes And DJ Sets (m'love)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Just Banging Tunes And DJ Sets (m'love)

U okay m8
the fact that your parents decide who you are able to make out with tells me that it's obvious you need time to decide for yourself all possible courses of action. I don't think you've been shown love at all
Reply 4
Well we all know how the story of Romeo and Juliet ended...

Besides, is she really someone you can trust? What with cheating on you, making you jealous, etc? She seems to be very wishy washy :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
the fact that your parents decide who you are able to make out with tells me that it's obvious you need time to decide for yourself all possible courses of action. I don't think you've been shown love at all

Should I do what my heart tells me?
Original post by Anonymous
Should I do what my heart tells me?

Yes, do. Do what is right for you, not for anyone else. You are old enough to make this decision.
Hit it and quit it, I like to call this tactic "the one hitta quitta".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending