The Student Room Group

I cant do it :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
When you get into the real world looking for jobs and all, you'll wonder why you stressed out over this exam:wink:

Having seen my friend with a 2:2 struggle and flail about in the job market for the past four years, I have to seriously disagree. Of course we're likely talking about totally different levels of education and jobs.
don't aim to learn everything but aim to do as much as u can
Original post by Anonymous
Even if i was motivated, its impossible to revise SO much in 4 days :frown:

Not impossible, nothing impossible .
4 days if you lock yourself into study mode you can do 10 hours a day that is 40 hours till monday plus couple more hours.
Divide up into topics and syllabus points. Study each syllabus points then test on it from exam questions then move to the next.
If time catches up to you and if you can't do all the syllabus concentrate on a select number of syllabus points and study the sh1t out of them.
Good luck.
Original post by Al-farhan
Not impossible, nothing impossible .
4 days if you lock yourself into study mode you can do 10 hours a day that is 40 hours till monday plus couple more hours.
Divide up into topics and syllabus points. Study each syllabus points then test on it from exam questions then move to the next.
If time catches up to you and if you can't do all the syllabus concentrate on a select number of syllabus points and study the sh1t out of them.
Good luck.

Thanks, thats a good way to think about it! :smile:
1. Copy and paste the syllabus into a Word document and put each bullet point on a separate page
2. Break each bullet point down into a few essential things that you need to know
3. Focus on each essential thing one by one. Work out how many hours you could reasonably do (I would recommend not doing more than 7 a day because you need to give yourself breaks otherwise spending that much time will be useless) and give yourself a limit for how much time you should spend on each point.
4. Tick each point off as you go, to prove to yourself that you are progressing.

4 days is a long time and if you are this worried then I am sure you are motivated enough to have already revised a lot more than most people. It may not feel like you know much but when you get into the exam you will be able to recall so much more than you think and will probably remember things from lessons that you haven't even revised.

Most importantly, though, think rationally about this. I don't know what year you're in but if you're at GCSE then don't worry at all, GCSEs basically mean nothing haha. If it's AS, then unless you drop the subject you will re-do it in Year 13 anyway and universities on the whole are more concerned about predicted grades than AS grades, and if you're at A2 then this exam will be worth less than about 30% of your overall grade - you have your AS and the other exam/coursework unit to fall back on if this exam doesn't go as you hoped.

The best thing you can do for yourself is be optimistic and think rationally. I know it is hard and I have been there, but this exam means little if you think about the bigger picture.

Good luck, I hope this helps even a bit :smile:
I have an exam on Monday and I'm so stressed. I am not even close to having done enough revision and I'm trying to revise but the amount I have to do is much that it is stressing me out and stopping me from being able to do any revision! At this point I really think I'm going to fail and I don't know how I can revise everything in 4 days! :frown: advice?!

You can do it, I have my GCSE history exam o Monday and I haven't started revising
awwwww.. look how much people care and understand! it's not easy i know but you don't know what will be in the exam! you might sit down start reading and then start laughing because you know exactly what to say - you might not but the point is it is an unknown so lets say its 50/50 chance

well actually if you have been studying for at least a year then your chances must be better then 50% right? definitely (no matter how good you are or are not!).

but even it was only 50% of nailing the exam then look at it this way, would you buy a lottery ticket if you had a 50/50 chance of winning? too right.. i'd buy a million lol

i dont know you but i bet you a lottery ticket it goes well :smile:
Original post by samsamhall
awwwww.. look how much people care and understand! it's not easy i know but you don't know what will be in the exam! you might sit down start reading and then start laughing because you know exactly what to say - you might not but the point is it is an unknown so lets say its 50/50 chance

well actually if you have been studying for at least a year then your chances must be better then 50% right? definitely (no matter how good you are or are not!).

but even it was only 50% of nailing the exam then look at it this way, would you buy a lottery ticket if you had a 50/50 chance of winning? too right.. i'd buy a million lol

i dont know you but i bet you a lottery ticket it goes well :smile:

Aww thank you! That really helped :smile:
Reply 28
Government and Politics

which exam board? I'm pretty much in the same boat as you except I have another exam on the same day.
Original post by LIONoJ
which exam board? I'm pretty much in the same boat as you except I have another exam on the same day.

AQA, you? Same, I have general studies that day too :frown:
Original post by CathyHeathcliff
1. Copy and paste the syllabus into a Word document and put each bullet point on a separate page
2. Break each bullet point down into a few essential things that you need to know
3. Focus on each essential thing one by one. Work out how many hours you could reasonably do (I would recommend not doing more than 7 a day because you need to give yourself breaks otherwise spending that much time will be useless) and give yourself a limit for how much time you should spend on each point.
4. Tick each point off as you go, to prove to yourself that you are progressing.

4 days is a long time and if you are this worried then I am sure you are motivated enough to have already revised a lot more than most people. It may not feel like you know much but when you get into the exam you will be able to recall so much more than you think and will probably remember things from lessons that you haven't even revised.

Most importantly, though, think rationally about this. I don't know what year you're in but if you're at GCSE then don't worry at all, GCSEs basically mean nothing haha. If it's AS, then unless you drop the subject you will re-do it in Year 13 anyway and universities on the whole are more concerned about predicted grades than AS grades, and if you're at A2 then this exam will be worth less than about 30% of your overall grade - you have your AS and the other exam/coursework unit to fall back on if this exam doesn't go as you hoped.

The best thing you can do for yourself is be optimistic and think rationally. I know it is hard and I have been there, but this exam means little if you think about the bigger picture.

Good luck, I hope this helps even a bit :smile:

I'll try that! Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 31
AQA, you? Same, I have general studies that day too :frown:

Yeah AQA, I initially planned to revise 3 topics but i just don't have enough time so ill only do 2, hopefully the ones i've chosen don't get tough questions. I'm sure if we just try to keep positive we will get through it. :smile:
I have an exam on Monday and I'm so stressed. I am not even close to having done enough revision and I'm trying to revise but the amount I have to do is much that it is stressing me out and stopping me from being able to do any revision! At this point I really think I'm going to fail and I don't know how I can revise everything in 4 days! :frown: advice?!

gcse or a level?
Original post by PC.police
gcse or a level?

Alevel
Alevel

yep. ur ****ed
:hugs:It will be okay!

Don't worry about learning everything because that is going to look like an impossible task and you'll just get yourself panicked. My advice is to focus on the important points, don't worry about every single detail and example. If you can write the basic points down you can pass - the details just get higher grades. Focus on learning the basics to pass (which you CAN do in four days, I've done it!) and then if you have time start learning the details. You'll be surprised how much easier it is to learn the details when you know the basics.

You'll be fine! :smile:
im doing this exam too. I find revising for this subject so boring and stressful. i've ended up wasting so much time relieving stress if you know what i mean.:frown:
im doing this exam too. I find revising for this subject so boring and stressful. i've ended up wasting so much time relieving stress if you know what i mean.:frown:

Yep! I literally spend the day trying go revise but get nothing done because there is so much to do!

Quick Reply

Latest