The Student Room Group

Maths with economics at UCL or MORSE at Warwick?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by foozy
Defeat? You pick and choose what you reply to, targetting some of my weaker points. Hardly call that a defeat, more like your own arrogance and insecurity.

I've replied to each one of your posts.

Again, I don't need to impress anyone here. I just don't want people reading this to be mislead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inhuman
The the f cares about number of business school alumni?

Like really?

The business schools do.
Original post by Trapz99
Lol you just got rekt mate

Interests change. That was the whole point of my argument. Business school is a placeholder for 'flexibility'. He's what, 17? He has no idea what he'll be doing when he's 21. He might go to a Spring Week in Sales and trading and realise he hates it.

(as in the above post).
Reply 83
Original post by BizzStrut
The business schools do.

What does that have to do with this thread?
Reply 84
Original post by Princepieman
I've replied to each one of your posts.

Again, I don't need to impress anyone here. I just don't want people reading this to be mislead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you have but you've deliberately missed out large proportions of my posts. It's silly really.

Im sure you dont but by having a partial argument like this you are misleading others.
Original post by inhuman
What does that have to do with this thread?

I think people are getting too caught up in winning points to actually realise all I'm stating is given the option of two prestigious choices it's reasonable to choose one based on the flexibility of pursuing alternate career options, given most 17 year olds will change their minds a few times before hitting 21. Business school was a placeholder for 'institutions that would prefer a branded candidate'. UCL gives more options in that regard.
Original post by foozy
Yh probably, that and oxbridge, but i never applied to LSE, i wasnt very ambitious and UCL and warwick were my best unis (a decision i still regret)

The bias is strong in this thread
Reply 87
Original post by inhuman
Oh Lord, praise the irony.

If you actually have gone to university, you have kind of missed the growing up part. Hope you are still there so you've got some time left.

You try and put me down, do share with us where you're heading off to.
Reply 88
Original post by Euclidean
The bias is strong in this thread

Well yeah, they were the two best unis i applied to. The rest were semi targets.
Interests change. That was the whole point of my argument. Business school is a placeholder for 'flexibility'. He's what, 17? He has no idea what he'll be doing when he's 21. He might go to a Spring Week in Sales and trading and realise he hates it.

(as in the above post).

Mate if i don't want to do trading, I'll go for something with the big4 in audit or advisory. I am not going to business school.
Reply 90
I think people are getting too caught up in winning points to actually realise all I'm stating is given the option of two prestigious choices it's reasonable to choose one based on the flexibility of pursuing alternate career options, given most 17 year olds will change their minds a few times before hitting 21. Business school was a placeholder for 'institutions that would prefer a branded candidate'. UCL gives more options in that regard.

By the time OP will have worked and thought "oh I should go to business school", his professional record is what matters, not what uni he went to.
Original post by foozy
Yes you have but you've deliberately missed out large proportions of my posts. It's silly really.

Im sure you dont but by having a partial argument like this you are misleading others.

Not really. They were all saying the same thing: league tables are amazeballs and surely, don't you think?, of course x is the reason for y. Responding to that by telling you what actually goes on in grad recruitment is responding to your points.

Nah, I don't try to mislead anyone. There's a reason I get about 10+ PMs a day asking for advice or saying thanks for your advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inhuman
By the time OP will have worked and thought "oh I should go to business school", his professional record is what matters, not what uni he went to.

I stated 3 times already that business school was a placeholder. If you are unable to read, I have no further interest in discussing this with you.
Reply 93
Original post by foozy
You try and put me down, do share with us where you're heading off to.

I have left uni already. I have even left my master uni.

And with regards to this thread, I have actually interviewed someone for a job in our team before.
Original post by inspiringtop123
Mate if i don't want to do trading, I'll go for something with the big4 in audit or advisory. I am not going to business school.

Got it. And it's good that you've got a plan. But you're also 17 and have no idea. Just saying. You might go do an internship and find it sucks or realise actually you really like consulting.. etc. Pinning your options on your ideas of what you wanna do at 17 with no experience seems facile.
Reply 95
Original post by Princepieman
Not really. They were all saying the same thing: league tables are amazeballs and surely, don't you think?, of course x is the reason for y. Responding to that by telling you what actually goes on in grad recruitment is responding to your points.

Nah, I don't try to mislead anyone. There's a reason I get about 10+ PMs a day asking for advice or saying thanks for your advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but you keep shying away from the fact that in such a competitive atmosphere, they're not going to dismiss the standard of the uni are they. You treat it as if all EMEA targets are treated the same which isnt the case.

You're so pretentious its unreal.
Reply 96
Original post by inhuman
I have left uni already. I have even left my master uni.

And with regards to this thread, I have actually interviewed someone for a job in our team before.

Do share with us where you went.

Are you in IBD/S&T?
Original post by inspiringtop123
Guys, I'm thinking of unis to apply for next year and I was wondering which of these courses I should put as one of my choices. I don't want to risk getting zero offers by applying to too many competitive unis so I want to choose one of these.

Aside from the chaos above

You're allowed up to 5 UCAS (university) choices anyway, so you can apply to both courses relatively easily as they're likely to involve similar personal statements and applications. I won't speak on the merits of one over the other though :redface:
Reply 98
I stated 3 times already that business school was a placeholder. If you are unable to read, I have no further interest in discussing this with you.

I used it as a placeholder, too. If OP changes career in 10 years, no one is going to give a flying **** that he went to UCL and not Warwick and vice versa.

Unless that one guy that also went to UCL or the other who went to Warwick. But even that will be irrelevant to the question of whether you gel or not. Have you ever had an interview where you just don't feel the other person? Yea, uni is gonna be irrelevant.
Reply 99
Original post by foozy
Do share with us where you went.

Are you in IBD/S&T?

It is wholly irrelevant to the thread. But given I told you that I had offers for UCL and Warwick and firmed neither, there really isn't much choice left.

No I am not. But I have had sat multiple interviews as a candidate with several IBs and had an internship (and decided it's not for me, I am working in insurance now).

Quick Reply

Latest