The Student Room Group

Exeter Uni MPhys

Looking at Mphys at Exeter uni. Requirements give a range;
A*AA-AAB. I'm guessing I should be aiming for the higher end. My question is I will be applying with my AS grades so what kind of AS grades will they be looking for?

Thanks
Original post by Klimenski
Looking at Mphys at Exeter uni. Requirements give a range;
A*AA-AAB. I'm guessing I should be aiming for the higher end. My question is I will be applying with my AS grades so what kind of AS grades will they be looking for?

Thanks

Probably ABB + i imagine but maybe BBB but less likely
Reply 2
Original post by madmadmax321
Probably ABB + i imagine but maybe BBB but less likely

Just to clarify is that at AS level?
Just to clarify is that at AS level?

yes, the A in maths will be the most important grade too so when i say ABB at AS I mean with the A in maths
Reply 4
yes, the A in maths will be the most important grade too so when i say ABB at AS I mean with the A in maths

Excellent thank you. I reckon I can do that in maths my C2 went well but everybody hated C1. just got to secure it for S1 ahah. Thanks very much.
Thats v true, you're screwed in physics without maths ahah.

Do you think it would benefit me if I took up AS further maths along side my three A2 options. My A2 options will be Physics, Maths and Chemistry
Excellent thank you. I reckon I can do that in maths my C2 went well but everybody hated C1. just got to secure it for S1 ahah. Thanks very much.
Thats v true, you're screwed in physics without maths ahah.

Do you think it would benefit me if I took up AS further maths along side my three A2 options. My A2 options will be Physics, Maths and Chemistry

It'd definitely be helpful as you'll cover some more stuff that the maths modules for physics will cover in first year and it'll probably make your application a bit more competitive but if you think it might mean you'll get a lower grade in your A2 subjects then dont as they are more important

If you dont do it, dont worry about it as you can just either cover the further maths content in the summer before or just leave it til you get to uni as youll find yourself being able to catch up as most people wont of done it anyway (it'll just make first year slightly easier but not much, if you have done it already)

Dont envy you doing statistics modules aha I was awful at statistics
Reply 6
It'd definitely be helpful as you'll cover some more stuff that the maths modules for physics will cover in first year and it'll probably make your application a bit more competitive but if you think it might mean you'll get a lower grade in your A2 subjects then dont as they are more important

If you dont do it, dont worry about it as you can just either cover the further maths content in the summer before or just leave it til you get to uni as youll find yourself being able to catch up as most people wont of done it anyway (it'll just make first year slightly easier but not much, if you have done it already)

Dont envy you doing statistics modules aha I was awful at statistics

Haha thanks very much for the insight. I really despise statistics but you've got to work at it to get the grades, for C1 and C2 just one lesson and it was sort of in there. but stats sucks
Haha thanks very much for the insight. I really despise statistics but you've got to work at it to get the grades, for C1 and C2 just one lesson and it was sort of in there. but stats sucks

Youre welcome :smile: Good luck for your results and any exams you have left

Quick Reply

Latest