The Student Room Group

New polymer £5 unveiled.

Thoughts?

[video="youtube;1kOF6p21BzE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kOF6p21BzE[/video]

Scroll to see replies

looks fancy. Think the Australians have had these for a while. I guess when the queen passes away, we'll have to change it all over again too
I like them, they feel very clean and strong in comparison to the our current notes
Very pretty, I like the colour scheme. I suppose they'll also be less likely to break or tear?
Hmm surely we should be trying to use less polymer though? what are they going to do with them all after 5 years as they aren't going to degrade unless they use biopol..
just a casual observation :redface:
its just a piece of paper
Original post by Fox Corner
Very pretty, I like the colour scheme. I suppose they'll also be less likely to break or tear?

Maybe. The Australians already have em, and I think they can still rip unfortunately
Original post by ABeingOnEarth

It's not, that's the point
Original post by Salamandastron
Hmm surely we should be trying to use less polymer though? what are they going to do with them all after 5 years as they aren't going to degrade unless they use biopol..
just a casual observation :redface:

COuld still make em biodegradable and not from crude oil
It looks alright I suppose...nothing AMAZING
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
It's not, that's the point

Okay then its a piece of plastic with someone's face on it
Original post by The_Internet
COuld still make em biodegradable and not from crude oil

Yeh that's what biopol is :smile:
Original post by ABeingOnEarth

Try buying something with this:

My creation is worth exactly £0.00. The new £5 note is worth £5
Needs more illuminati.
Try buying something with this:

Okay then...I'll print it off.
Original post by Salamandastron
Yeh that's what biopol is :smile:

Tbh it would make sense, especially as the current monarch probably won't live for all that longer, so if they've all degraded in about 30 years, what does it really matter - unless of course the queen reaches 120!
Bring back the £50!
Original post by Fox Corner

As I understand, their durability is one of the reasons for the change. That and apparently it's much harder to forge them. I heard somewhere that the average fiver lasts only a few months in circulation before it's too damaged to use but the polymer notes should last a few years.

Personally I like the new design, too.
Tbh it would make sense, especially as the current monarch probably won't live for all that longer, so if they've all degraded in about 30 years, what does it really matter - unless of course the queen reaches 120!

I think you may have misunderstood :redface: I want them to degrade hence the ideal usage of biopol however I doubt the government would mix cornstarch with the polymer just because it would probably complicate suppliers for such a large printing process. So it is good if they degrade after their useage however they won't if they are made solely from crude oil.
And hopefully the Queen won't live that long but that is a totally different issue
:getmecoat:

:lol: that product design A level finally being useful for something :redface:

Spoiler

look cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending