The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
I don't want to do medicine...? "Love"...

just as well :smile:
Original post by hugeJamesS
just as well :smile:

I don't really want to argue with you anymore. You come here trolling on every thread. You know nothing about me. Obviously I'm not getting into medicine doing National 5's over two years. Are you really that stupid? Like no offence but just to let you know NHS have other jobs and it's not always revolved around medicine.I'd think someone with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's and AAAAAAA's at band one would know that. I'm not even interested in medicine anyways. But here, let me give you a bit of background information on my life. I'm applying to go into Radiotherapy and Oncology and frankly you need BBBB/BBBC and the better thing is i'm doing Advanced Highers as well so I'm more than well set for my career. I've done months of work placement for Radiotherapy abroad as well as in the UK as well as avidly volunteering for Cancer Research. So I'm pretty well settled for my UCAS application and any interviews. THANKS VERY MUCH for your poor judgement, something I never asked for. Now bugger off. God bless.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's great! Just remember that while your revising. Give it your all for this last exam and then you can do what you want :biggrin: Honestly don't worry you'll be fine. They lower grade boundaries and everything. You will definitely be fine with the amount of revision you put in. X

Thank you so much :smile: Yeah I kind of feel tired and sluggish now but I'm going to try my hardest on this exam and that's all I can do. I just don't want to regret it and say Oh I could have done more revision. Thank you for all the help you have given me in my exams :smile: <3
Original post by Ethan100
Thank you so much :smile: Yeah I kind of feel tired and sluggish now but I'm going to try my hardest on this exam and that's all I can do. I just don't want to regret it and say Oh I could have done more revision. Thank you for all the help you have given me in my exams :smile: <3

Wish I could help you with Mod. It's never really been my thing. Aw don't worry you helped me a lot too with the half life thing. I would've lost 3 marks easily hadn't you taught me that and that could change my grade as well! <3 :hugs:
I don't really want to argue with you anymore. You come here trolling on every thread. You know nothing about me. Obviously I'm not getting into medicine doing National 5's over two years. Are you really that stupid? Like no offence but just to let you know NHS have other jobs and it's not always revolved around medicine.I'd think someone with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's and AAAAAAA's at band one would know that. I'm not even interested in medicine anyways. But here, let me give you a bit of background information on my life. I'm applying to go into Radiotherapy and Oncology and frankly you need BBBB/BBBC and the better thing is i'm doing Advanced Highers as well so I'm more than well set for my career. I've done months of work placement for Radiotherapy abroad as well as in the UK as well as avidly volunteering for Cancer Research. So I'm pretty well settled for my UCAS and any interviews. THANKS VERY MUCH for your poor judgement, something I never asked for. Now bugger off. God bless.

didn't really bother reading that, seemed a bit too long tbh but i'll assume that's the end of our flirting. I'm really sad, was hoping to go out some time
didn't really bother reading that, seemed a bit too long tbh but i'll assume that's the end of our flirting. I'm really sad, was hoping to go out some time

Get off my thread. You're disgusting. You just missed out on all the amazing things I've done in life since you think I'm so academically unable. Oh well.
You're never going to get in to uni for medicine, love. maybe try something else?

Dude not trying to start an argument here but you're so salty about running out of time in your physics you're lashing out on everyone else. Why you so upset anyway you did well in highers didn't you and already have an unconditional for uni probably ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
Dude not trying to start an argument here but you're so salty about running out of time in your physics you're lashing out on everyone else. Why you so upset anyway you did well in highers didn't you and already have an unconditional for uni probably ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's taking his anger and frustration out on other people .
He's taking his anger and frustration out on other people .

I heard him say that he got all As in higher so surely he's going to uni no matter what the results of his Advanced higher. If I were him I wouldn't be too upset lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's made me feel so angry thinking he knows **** about my life! I'm trying not to let it get to me. He's probably lying about his grades anyway because people like him (if they're really smart) should be doing other productive things for university rather than trolling threads. *rolls eyes*
(edited 7 years ago)
He's made me feel so angry thinking he knows **** about my life! I'm trying not to let it get to me. He's probably lying about his grades anyway because people like him (if they're really smart) should be doing other productive things for university rather than trolling threads. *rolls eyes*

Yeah don't be offended about what he says he literally doesn't know you. So anything he says is most likely out of spite and not truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stokseys on fire! Your defence is terrified!
Hey guys! Just to let everyone know I have section B of National 5 Physics 2016. I'll post pictures when im back from work :biggrin:
hey guys! Just to let everyone know i have section b of national 5 physics 2016. I'll post pictures when im back from work :d

NOOOOO WAYYYY :biggrin: yassssss !!
Hey guys! Just to let everyone know I have section B of National 5 Physics 2016. I'll post pictures when im back from work :biggrin:

!!!!
NOOOOO WAYYYY :biggrin: yassssss !!

Original post by A+Hunter
!!!!

Hey guys! Here is the link for all of Section B: http://imgur.com/a/jxziQ
I would recommend saving it to your computer because they might get removed for copyright issues, I don't know, lol.
Also everyone discuss your answers :biggrin:
Also if any Advanced Higher pupil can write model answers for this exam please do. It would help all of us :biggrin:
Remember the marking is scaled down to 60 for section B so this is how you work out your official mark:
(total marks)/90 x 0.6 = mark out of 60.
60+20 = 80 (so the exam is out of 80 without the assignment) + 20= 100

E.g 60/90 = 0.66 x 0.6 = 0.40 = 40/60 . From here on you can add on your multiple choice mark and your estimated assignment mark and get your unofficial grade lol xD
I hope everyone did great :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys! Here is the link for all of Section B: http://imgur.com/a/jxziQ
I would recommend saving it to your computer because they might get removed for copyright issues, I don't know, lol.
Also everyone discuss your answers :biggrin:
Also if any Advanced Higher pupil can write model answers for this exam please do. It would help all of us :biggrin:
Remember the marking is scaled down to 60 for section B so this is how you work out your official mark:
(total marks)/90 x 0.6 = mark out of 60.
60+20 = 80 (so the exam is out of 80 without the assignment) + 20= 100

E.g 60/90 = 0.66 x 0.6 = 0.40 = 40/60 . From here on you can add on your multiple choice mark and your estimated assignment mark and get your unofficial grade lol xD
I hope everyone did great :biggrin:

Ohhhhhh wooooow,

Thank you so so so much !

If we don't find someone that would be able to help answer the questions lets just try and make a Marking scheme with the answers we got. :biggrin:
Ohhhhhh wooooow,

Thank you so so so much !

If we don't find someone that would be able to help answer the questions lets just try and make a Marking scheme with the answers we got. :biggrin:

What did everyone get for 6b. (i), (ii)?? Lol
a) 2x10^4 A (3 Marks)
b) (Not sure) (1 Mark)
c) (Not sure) (2 Marks)

a) I drew the voltmeter being in parallel to the Resistor. ( 1 Mark)
b) (Not sure) (1 Mark)
c) Found the average voltage, Found the average Resistance, Got a final answer of 5 A (4 Marks)
d) (Not sure) (1 Mark)

a) Used Eh=cmDeltaT to prove that the answer is correct (2 Mark)
b)
i. Used P= E/t to get the time, final answer : 350 s (2 Sig Fig) (3 marks)
ii. (Not sure) ( 1 Mark)
c)
As the temperature of the water increases, The resistance of the thermistor decreases
This means the voltage across the thermistor also decreases
If the voltage across the thermistor is lower than 0.7 V then the electronic switch will not activate and the Heating element will be off. (I do no know what a MOSFET is, only ever learned about Npn Transistors)(3 Marks)

a) A thermal imaging camera detects Infrared radiation. (1 Mark)
b) Gamma Rays (1 Mark)
c)
i. Used v=fLambda to prove that the answer is correct (2 Marks)
ii. Microwaves ( Not sure if correct) (1 Mark)

5. Open-ended Question (3 Marks)

a)
i. The normal is perpendicular to the perspex block. (1 Mark)
ii. Angle of incidence is from the normal to the ray of red light. Angle of refraction is from the normal to the ray of red light as it is refracted. (1 Mark)
b)
i. 8 degrees (1 Mark)
ii. 44 degrees (1 Mark)
c) To obtain more accurate and reliable set of results (1 Mark)

For 1b you would just divide the total charge by the charge of 1 electron to find the number of electrons. And for 1c I thing you should mention about how metal strips have a very low resistance so are very good conductors and the electricity striking the house would be attracted to the metal and thus conduct through the metal protecting the house from being damaged. You may also want to mention why the metal strip conducts electricity, perhaps mention the structure of the metal(delocalised electrons that are able to conduct freely).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
a) 2x10^4 A (3 Marks)
b) (Not sure) (1 Mark)
c) (Not sure) (2 Marks)

a) I drew the voltmeter being in parallel to the Resistor. ( 1 Mark)
b) (Not sure) (1 Mark) Haha, I guessed that the student used a voltmeter and ammeter at different intervals but I bet it's wrong xD
c) Found the average voltage, Found the average Resistance, Got a final answer of 5 A (4 Marks) Correct
d) (Not sure) (1 Mark)

a) Used Eh=cmDeltaT to prove that the answer is correct (2 Mark)
b)
i. Used P= E/t to get the time, final answer : 350 s (2 Sig Fig) (3 marks)
ii. (Not sure) ( 1 Mark)
c)
As the temperature of the water increases, The resistance of the thermistor decreases
This means the voltage across the thermistor also decreases
If the voltage across the thermistor is lower than 0.7 V then the electronic switch will not activate and the Heating element will be off. (I do no know what a MOSFET is, only ever learned about Npn Transistors)(3 Marks) You'll probably get 1 mark for having the right idea, MOSFETS operate at 2.0v or above

a) A thermal imaging camera detects Infrared radiation. (1 Mark)
b) Gamma Rays (1 Mark)
c)
i. Used v=fLambda to prove that the answer is correct (2 Marks)
ii. Microwaves ( Not sure if correct) (1 Mark)

5. Open-ended Question (3 Marks)

a)
i. The normal is perpendicular to the perspex block. (1 Mark)
ii. Angle of incidence is from the normal to the ray of red light. Angle of refraction is from the normal to the ray of red light as it is refracted. (1 Mark)
b)
i. 8 degrees (1 Mark)
ii. 44 degrees (1 Mark) I said 40 degrees?? Anyone?
c) To obtain more accurate and reliable set of results (1 Mark)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending