The Student Room Group

If you could live in a book, which would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niv1234
I am currently on City of Glass I don't think I would like to live in that world though as much as I love the story its a bit too violent for me.

But the book is so awsum like u can get magic by drawing runes on themselves!!!
nd they look really awsum with the runes!!!!
Original post by shahida sulaiman
But the book is so awsum like u can get magic by drawing runes on themselves!!!
nd they look really awsum with the runes!!!!

I'm not really a tattoo person and the scars that they are left behind with kinda creeps me out. My all time favourite book series is definitely Throne of Glass.
Michael Scott's Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series I read when I was younger. All the excitement of literally every myth and legend being true and immortal historical figures to meet... dream come true!
Original post by niv1234
I'm not really a tattoo person and the scars that they are left behind with kinda creeps me out. My all time favourite book series is definitely Throne of Glass.

I m not a big fan of tattoos!!! I hate them but u should see the movies the shadow hunters look super cool in runes and the ending is awsum and the powers u get I really want to be that girl "Clary" she can make her own runes!!!!!!
I m not a big fan of tattoos!!! I hate them but u should see the movies the shadow hunters look super cool in runes and the ending is awsum and the powers u get I really want to be that girl "Clary" she can make her own runes!!!!!!

I've seen the movie, the book is much better and the movie ending isn't the same as the book ending.
Original post by niv1234
I've seen the movie, the book is much better and the movie ending isn't the same as the book ending.

No I know the book is a lot better but I m just saying character's wise !!!!
No I know the book is a lot better but I m just saying character's wise !!!!

I guess so
Original post by niv1234
I guess so

Sooo!!!! Do u know any other book like these I mean like mortal instruments???and I was talking about the ending of the book series not the movie!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Sooo!!!! Do u know any other book like these I mean like mortal instruments???and I was talking about the ending of the book series not the movie!!!

Not really. I read lots of books James Dawson books are really good.
Original post by niv1234
Not really. I read lots of books James Dawson books are really good.

OK go t it thanx!!!!!
OK go t it thanx!!!!!

Also if you haven't already read the Throne of Glass books and A court of Thorns and Roses Series
Original post by georginarowley
I have to say, of all of Celaena's past lovers, I like Rowan the most. He also seems like he can take care of himself the most too so I worry less about his death and Celaena's hearbreak and revenge. I liked Sam too in Assassin's blade, nearly killed me when it says about him begging Arobynn to stop beating her :frown: His death was a bit soul destroying ngl!

What are your thoughts on Aedion?

I have no idea about these books but you guys make them sound brilliant.
His Dark Materials so I could have a dæmon :daydreaming:

Spoiler

Original post by Jennie1987
I have no idea about these books but you guys make them sound brilliant.

I am a total bookworm and honest to god the throne of glass series is one of the best fantasy series (and overall series) I have ever read. Believable, likeable characters, awesome plot, tension, romance; it has everything! The world Maas describes feels so real it's almost tangible :smile:
I am a total bookworm and honest to god the throne of glass series is one of the best fantasy series (and overall series) I have ever read. Believable, likeable characters, awesome plot, tension, romance; it has everything! The world Maas describes feels so real it's almost tangible :smile:

:gasp: How big is this series? Is it easy to pick up?
Original post by Jennie1987
:gasp: How big is this series? Is it easy to pick up?

It's four books in so far, a fifth is available to pre-order - I've heard there's plans for a few more though. (there's also a collection of novellas in print too)
I think this is the kind of series you have to get in to from the start; you'll understand and appreciate the characters and plot more. These books (for me) were super easy to get into, mostly cos of the vivid description of place and characters
Reply 56
The Sun
To be more specific - pg 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harry Potter
In specific I'd love to live in The Order of Phoenix
Rise against Umbridge and have daily DA meetings lol
Harry Potter definitely, as a wizard of course, not a filthy muggle
It's four books in so far, a fifth is available to pre-order - I've heard there's plans for a few more though. (there's also a collection of novellas in print too)
I think this is the kind of series you have to get in to from the start; you'll understand and appreciate the characters and plot more. These books (for me) were super easy to get into, mostly cos of the vivid description of place and characters

:eyebrow: ALL books are the kind you start a series at the beginning!!! Don't make out like it's acceptable at any time lol.

It sounds so good, I have a lot waiting on my bedside table but I need to start some sort of list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending