The Student Room Group

Ideal dating apps for university students who want relationships?

Title says it all. It's something I've been thinking about for a little while and wanted to get some advice. I'm a straight male, if that means anything.
Erm I've heard of Zoosk, which is apparently really good? One of my friends found her boyfriend on there (dating for a year now) so it's worth a shot right?

and another one is Elite Singles? You could try them out?

Normally i wouldn't advise dating apps ect, Have you tried social events or places like that? depending on where you are? like at Uni, it's quite easy to join social groups and you could get talking to girls there?
but if you want to use the apps, these are the ones my friends recommended to me which actually worked for them! so they are alot better than Tinder i can say that haha
Ok Cupid - It takes time and you have to do a lot of talking/matchmaking questions etc, but the people on there are usually educated and have some common sense. If you're willing to put in time to make a whole profile and do some of the questions, it's obvious you're invested and looking for more than a quickie.

POF is okay, but the people on there tend to be a step up from the people on Tinder, if you catch my drift.
Reply 3
Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll definitely be looking into them!

Original post by CleverSquirrel

Normally i wouldn't advise dating apps ect, Have you tried social events or places like that? depending on where you are? like at Uni, it's quite easy to join social groups and you could get talking to girls there?
but if you want to use the apps, these are the ones my friends recommended to me which actually worked for them! so they are alot better than Tinder i can say that haha

I am a university student, but I find it hard to talk to people on the fly and avoid social events and the like. I want to fix that and have taken some steps, but I was hoping to use an app to cut straight to the heart of the interaction, as it were.

Original post by Findlay6
POF is okay, but the people on there tend to be a step up from the people on Tinder, if you catch my drift.

What's POF?

Again, thank you both. Are any of those sites free? If not, do you know to where the paid/ free services divide lies?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll definitely be looking into them!

I am a university student, but I find it hard to talk to people on the fly and avoid social events and the like. I want to fix that and have taken some steps, but I was hoping to use an app to cut straight to the heart of the interaction, as it were.

What's POF?

Again, thank you both. Are any of those sites free? If not, do you know to where the paid/ free services divide lies?

ah okay i see, fair enough then. ermm i believe most dating sites are free, but you might want to check it out, Zoosk is free on the apple app store, if you wanted to try that out :smile:
Plenty of fish.
Both that I mentioned are free. They have paying options but I was able to use them fully without needing to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending