The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eddso
Simple structure for Part A;

Introduction; keep it brief but set up your argument

Para 1; agree with statement
Para 2; agree with statement (if there's enough content material to)
Para 3: disagree with statement
Para 4: disagree with statement

Conclusion: tell the examiner which is the most important point, why, and your overall conclusion

thanks, thats very helpful
What do you guys reckon about foreign policy during the kaiserreich coming up?
Reply 62
Original post by Libbyisconfused
What do you guys reckon about foreign policy during the kaiserreich coming up?

Hm I'm not sure. That content falls more into the controversy about WW1 does it not? There may be a question where you can include that content - perhaps to do with how order and power was maintained - but I doubt they'll ask a question just on that.
Original post by eddso
Hm I'm not sure. That content falls more into the controversy about WW1 does it not? There may be a question where you can include that content - perhaps to do with how order and power was maintained - but I doubt they'll ask a question just on that.

Is there anything you think has the potential to come up this year? Or even key areas of the course that should be focused on in the run up to the exam for a Part A question?
Original post by Libbyisconfused
Is there anything you think has the potential to come up this year? Or even key areas of the course that should be focused on in the run up to the exam for a Part A question?

You can't go wrong by revising Weimar and Nazis; they always come up in some shape or form. In terms of actual questions, there hasn't been a question on political extremists 1919-24 since June 2013, nor a question on the Final Solution since June 2010. Last year's questions was economic developments in the 2nd Reich and a factor question about Hitler's rise to power (not consolidation). My money is on a question about Weimar early years, and a question on WW2.
Reply 65
Can anyone give me any tips on how to conclude properly for both the essay and sources questions? I've been told the content in my essays are fine I just have a problem with concluding properly. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by gsonro
Can anyone give me any tips on how to conclude properly for both the essay and sources questions? I've been told the content in my essays are fine I just have a problem with concluding properly. Thanks in advance :smile:

Reiterate your line of argument; then say which is your most important point/piece of evidence, then reiterate briefly why.

For example;

If you're doing that question on whether the Consitition handicapped the effective gvt. of Germany, your line of argument may be saying Yes it did handicap it. Then you could go onto say which is the most important thing of the constitution that handicapped it ie Article 48? Proportional Representstion? Then say why :smile:
They've never asked on why hitler was able to consolidate power (the last bit of the rise of nazis section Jan-June 1933), or on morale during the Second World War in Germany, or on why did the Kaiser fall ?
Reply 68
Original post by eddso
Possibly something like;

"The war seriously damaged the morale on the home front from 1939-45." How far do you agree with this view?

Oh okay, could you help me. Out with a plan?
I'm struggling with the final solution stuff and world war
Reply 69
Original post by sophiebucknall7
They've never asked on why hitler was able to consolidate power (the last bit of the rise of nazis section Jan-June 1933), or on morale during the Second World War in Germany, or on why did the Kaiser fall ?

Yeah I'm betting on either a golden years question or a consolidation of power question (although my teacher seems certain that the consolidation of power falls into the second controversy so won't be asked about - I'm by sure if she's right though). I would love a question on WW2 - will have to go over morale though (we never even went over it in class so I'll have to do all that myself) but the Final Solution would be nice
Reply 70
Original post by zikra98
Oh okay, could you help me. Out with a plan?
I'm struggling with the final solution stuff and world war

Sure :smile: drop me a PM and we can discuss
Has anyone got a Part A - why WW1 started essay?
Reply 72
Original post by grassntai
Has anyone got a Part A - why WW1 started essay?

Causes of WW1 is Part B..
Original post by eddso
Causes of WW1 is Part B..

I know mate but I think it really helps to write a Part A causes of War essay so you can shape your argument to the sources in Part B.

How likely is that Edexcel will repeat units? Unit 4 came up last year and so did unit 1, so I'm not doing that much revision for them. Is that a bad thing?
Reply 74
Original post by grassntai
I know mate but I think it really helps to write a Part A causes of War essay so you can shape your argument to the sources in Part B.

How likely is that Edexcel will repeat units? Unit 4 came up last year and so did unit 1, so I'm not doing that much revision for them. Is that a bad thing?

Oh right yeah I get you - I haven't done one but it's probably not a bad idea actually...might try writing one later and can send it over?

And unless they want to be really f***ing cruel I doubt they would repeat units. I'm not revising unit 1 at all and am doing Rise to Power (unit 4) but only briefly :smile:
Original post by eddso
Oh right yeah I get you - I haven't done one but it's probably not a bad idea actually...might try writing one later and can send it over?

And unless they want to be really f***ing cruel I doubt they would repeat units. I'm not revising unit 1 at all and am doing Rise to Power (unit 4) but only briefly :smile:

Oh my God, could you? That would really help haha. I've been off on holiday so only have 4 more days of half term to revise.

If I were you I'd do an essay plan on the consequences/impact of WW1 on Germany because that's the only topic that hasn't came up for unit 1.

If you could post the essay on here later tonight that would be grand!
So in the 'Golden Era' there was the introduction of the Bauhaus Architectural style and more modern art these are example of cultural progress but there is a certain word for it does anyone know? I forgot it.
Original post by kosovo123
So in the 'Golden Era' there was the introduction of the Bauhaus Architectural style and more modern art these are example of cultural progress but there is a certain word for it does anyone know? I forgot it.

I just remembered its Modernism.
Reply 78
Original post by sixschmidt
I have an essay for part B from the June 2015 question:
How far do youagree with the view that a German desire for war cannot be seen as the maincause of the First World War?
This essay got 38/40

This is an incredible essay!! If you don't mind me asking, did your teacher make it clear why two marks were deducted for source work? Of course it's a very picky question, and 38 is an amazing score, but I only ask as I thought your source evaluation was a particular strength! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by irisbest
Not sure if this is helpful... It got 28/30

This is brilliant - thanks so much for sharing!!

If you received any verbal or written feedback alongside the mark would you mind sharing that too, please? It's always helpful to hear what other teachers have to say :smile:

Also, you have included a lot of historiography and the views of differing schools of thought (which I am quite in awe of)! Do you do this for every Section A essay or just those which, like this, lend themselves to it? Is it a necessity/ recommendation to include historians' views in Section A? Again helpful to hear input from different centres!

Thanks so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending