The Student Room Group

My heart hurts

How do I know I'm not dying.cI'm too young to die. It's like a stabbing/stinging pain. As if something is squeezing me really hard and then letting go. The first time it started was years ago (I'm not kidding). But I never took it as a real issue because it would come and go and I thought it was just general pains. But this whole week I've been feeling close to fainting and kept getting blackouts/dizziness and it's been particularly bad yesterday and today. I know I should see a doctor ASAP, which I will tommorow. I should have seen a doctor ages ago.

I'm just writing this here to get my mind off it. My heart rate has recently been beating a mile a minute and it's killing me. I'm just lying on my bed, on the verge of tears, panicking because what if it's something big. Is this a normal thing? Pls tell me it is. Is this a symptom of a heart attack?
Call 111
Reply 2
Original post by Namita Gurung
Call 111

What's that? :cry2:
Reply 3
it could be migraines...
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Migraine/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

which aren't life threatening...
Original post by Anonymous
What's that? :cry2:

It's when it's too serious to wait for a doctor's appointment but not serious enough for 999. When my brother fell down a hill on his bike, we called 111. It's really helpful - the person on there asks you questions and tells you to go to the nearest A&E if it's serious.
Reply 5
Original post by z33
it could be migraines...
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Migraine/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

which aren't life threatening...

No, I'm definitely not suffering from headaches/migraines. Did you misread the title? It's my heart not my head
Reply 6
Original post by Namita Gurung
It's when it's too serious to wait for a doctor's appointment but not serious enough for 999. When my brother fell down a hill on his bike, we called 111. It's really helpful - the person on there asks you questions and tells you to go to the nearest A&E if it's serious.

Thanks a lot. I'll do that
Reply 7
No, I'm definitely not suffering from headaches/migraines. Did you misread the title? It's my heart not my head

oh **** i did

._.
whoops :colondollar:

well I sometimes get stabbing pains in my heart but went to the doc and they said it was fine :biggrin:
call 111 if you're really worried
Thanks a lot. I'll do that

Np. Hope you feel better :console:
Reply 9
Original post by z33
oh **** i did

._.
whoops :colondollar:

well I sometimes get stabbing pains in my heart but went to the doc and they said it was fine :biggrin:
call 111 if you're really worried

Dw, it's probably all that revision getting to your head haha.

Gonna call 111. Feeling slightly more relieved now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending