The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viperimz
I personally found it quite easy (but of course made stupid silly errors) but most people it seems found it slightly harder compared to previous papers so i think similar grade boundaries to last yr so:
A*- 158 (79 for each paper)
A- 127 (63/64 for each paper)
B- 96 (48 for each paper)
C- 65 (32/33 for each paper)

I personally think you'll need 60 marks for an A on both papers (more or less on each) because although some found it easy, as I have read, the questions (as per usual) were worded strangely in that you had to unpick them to make sense of them. As i expected and i'm sure others did the questions were trickier than other past papers. The lowest I have seen a grade A is 62 marks. This could most definitely be lower which my maths teacher and other maths teachers have agreed on. This is for anyone aiming for a grade A like me :smile:
Original post by darkbluecat
I personally think you'll need 60 marks for an A on both papers (more or less on each) because although some found it easy, as I have read, the questions (as per usual) were worded strangely in that you had to unpick them to make sense of them. As i expected and i'm sure others did the questions were trickier than other past papers. The lowest I have seen a grade A is 62 marks. This could most definitely be lower which my maths teacher and other maths teachers have agreed on. This is for anyone aiming for a grade A like me :smile:

Although the calculator paper will influence this I counted up my marks and I got 61 marking extremely harshly so for me if I get even a bit higher in the calculator paper that will secure me a grade A
Reply 22
50-55 for B

65-70 for A

80-85 for A*
The questions weren't hard at all but very weirdly worded, a lot of people stumbled on this test so around 60-68 for an A
Reply 24
Yes your very right including me a lot of people in my school messed up on some questions even though the test was one of the easiest ive ever seen.
Original post by MARHQ
Yes your very right including me a lot of people in my school messed up on some questions even though the test was one of the easiest ive ever seen.

I think the test had too many traps for people to mess up loool like i found some of the wording misleading
yh w
Yup i usually get over 90 in my mocks but the weird wording made me doubt myself so much! I estimately got between 72-76 marks
i know a grade boundary for b will never be more than a 100 when the two papers are combined. so expect around early to mid 50s. pretty sure u secured a b
Original post by HateOCR
Yup i usually get over 90 in my mocks but the weird wording made me doubt myself so much! I estimately got between 72-76 marks

did u see the unofficial answer scheme. they gave it to my school
More like that for a C
Original post by MARHQ
50-55 for B

65-70 for A

80-85 for A*

Thats never gonna be them, for an A* It would definitely be over 150
A* - hopefully between 160-165

but I think between 165-170.
Original post by meechy darko
anyone know what it would be for a C on the foundation paper?

Around 75 from each paper so 150 marks
I NEED HELP!

I looked at the worked solutions for the non calc and calc altogether I got 85 marks! Is that a guranteed C?

that's for 2015.
! got 62 non-calc, 67 calc. total is 129, whats my predicted grade? hopefully an A!
Reply 37
Does anyone know how much a B Grade is roughly overall? For 2016
I got around 45 in one paper and around 50 in the other? So 95, what grade you do think that would be?
I think I got 50/60 marks in total of both papers I hope I can get a C. Does anybody know any colleges that resit maths?
I got 135/136 altogether, would that be an A overall? 60 in 1 and 75 in 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending