The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by chemnerd4life
I hope no constructions lines were needed, it looked pretty obvious so I just drew the line?!

The reason I drew them because it said locus and was worth 2 marks but then again I could be wrong!
Original post by 190
The reason I drew them because it said locus and was worth 2 marks but then again I could be wrong!

Probably is, jus trying to be optimistic 😂😭
Original post by 190

Also drew construction lines more out of habit than thinking you had to.
Reply 443
Original post by chemnerd4life
Probably is, jus trying to be optimistic 😂😭
c

Yep I know the feeling! At this stage I've lost 13 on calculator and 5 on non calculator, disappointed with my performance on the calculator as I made about 7 marks of silly mistakes
7.2x10-8 divided by 9x10-3

7.2 x 10-8
72 x 10-9 / 9 x 10-3

72/ 9 = 8

(powers) -9-3 = -6

= 8 x 10^-6

that's what I did
Original post by 190
c

Yep I know the feeling! At this stage I've lost 13 on calculator and 5 on non calculator, disappointed with my performance on the calculator as I made about 7 marks of silly mistakes

I haven't even attempted to count up my marks, disappointed with some silly mistakes, I think I done better on non-calc than calc
Original post by T0ucan
Urghhh I'm realising now I've made a bunch of silly mistakes. Did you have to work out the perimeter of the smallest octagon? I only worked out the length of one of the sides:colondollar: The last question I had the correct formula but forget to square the number terms (I only squared the Xs) when I was doing Pythagoras' but I'll hopefully still get some marks for correct working. I got 290/1320 for the probability but it didn't ask for a simplified form so hopefully that's ok. Am I the only one who took forever to work out how to do the question asking you to work out the area of the quadrilateral haha, once I got it I couldn't believe it took me so long:biggrin:

On the quadrilateral question..I originally thought that you had to use Pythagoras to work the side opposite the hypotenuse and then to use the formula of the area of the trapezium for it..I was convinced CCEA had made a mistake as 9^2 + 3^2 = 90 and it was the non calculator exam ahaha..but then I realised it was just the area of the trapezium minus the triangle!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody doing French reading tomorrow? I cant find any past papers on the ccea website and don't really know what to do :s-smilie:
Anyone doing German? I've been going pretty solid at vocab revision. I'm on a decent mark which will hopefully land me on at least a B over-all. Crazily enough i'm doing it for a-level. Just didn't want to have maths physics and all number subjects and actually mix it up a bit. German listenings are always tragic though. I'm dreading it.

Also, for maths haha. The very last question I got y^2 = 3x and just ignored the squared hahahaha. I was absolutely clueless on that question. Hopefully I picked up 1 or 2 method marks though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Katie389
Is anybody doing French reading tomorrow? I cant find any past papers on the ccea website and don't really know what to do :s-smilie:

They have 2012 and 2014 readings here http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/french/gcse/past_papers/index.asp but unfortunately not all :frown: What I think I'll do is just do the 2 higher ones they have then all the foundation ones just to get into the way of the paper, then just go over vocab. Quizlet is fab for learning vocab!
Original post by jackcoys
Anyone doing German? I've been going pretty solid at vocab revision. I'm on a decent mark which will hopefully land me on at least a B over-all. Crazily enough i'm doing it for a-level. Just didn't want to have maths physics and all number subjects and actually mix it up a bit. German listenings are always tragic though. I'm dreading it.

Also, for maths haha. The very last question I got y^2 = 3x and just ignored the squared hahahaha. I was absolutely clueless on that question. Hopefully I picked up 1 or 2 method marks though.

I am doing German and would do it at a-level only our school "can't afford it" WHAT! It's an absolute joke and only 4 people going to do it and they can't afford us. Thankfully more interested in maths, careers wise otherwise I would have been really screwed by that lol.
Original post by chloecam29
They have 2012 and 2014 readings here http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/french/gcse/past_papers/index.asp but unfortunately not all :frown: What I think I'll do is just do the 2 higher ones they have then all the foundation ones just to get into the way of the paper, then just go over vocab. Quizlet is fab for learning vocab!

Thanks, I might try out Quizlet for vocab and do the higher papers. Other than that I don't think there is much else we can do, other than hope the CCEA examiners were feeling nice this year
Reply 452
Judging by spanish anyway.. I would say goodluck..
Original post by 190
Judging by spanish anyway.. I would say goodluck..

Haha, it was horrific
Haha 😂 Thanks I'll take all the luck I can get
Reply 455
[QUOTE=chemnerd4life;65394529]Haha, it was horrific

Abs shocking! Im glad i didnt waste more than half a day on it as none of my revision came up like lmao
Original post by 190
Abs shocking! Im glad i didnt waste more than half a day on it as none of my revision came up like lmao

I don't think I could confidently say I knew any one of the questions
Reply 457
[QUOTE=chemnerd4life;65394873]I don't think I could confidently say I knew any one of the questions

Lmao nj there are two marks that im sure off! The rest we're guesses😂
Original post by Katie389

Hello, my teacher gave me all of the past papers. I have answered all of them and marked them but if you wanted me to send you a particular years one (even though it has my answers and notes in sorry) I can do that. I don't have time tonight to send all of them sorry but if you want a certain year I can send you a copy. :biggrin:
Original post by T0ucan
Hello, my teacher gave me all of the past papers. I have answered all of them and marked them but if you wanted me to send you a particular years one (even though it has my answers and notes in sorry) I can do that. I don't have time tonight to send all of them sorry but if you want a certain year I can send you a copy. :biggrin:

Oh my goodness that would be so great :biggrin: would you be able to send me 2015 and 2013?

Quick Reply

Latest