The Student Room Group

What would you do with £10,000?

Scroll to see replies

I unexpectedly found myself with £10k after winning two scholarships from my uni.

I've spent half, saved half. What I've bought with the spent half..
- Took my boyfriend to NYC for his birthday.
- GoPro and accessories.
- Clothes. Though mainly from TK Maxx as I still cba to pay a lot of money for clothes..
- PS4
- Booked flights / car rental / hotel for the roadtrip me and my boyfriend are going on at the end of June. We'll be spending almost a month roadtripping round the Canadian Rockies, also dipping into the US to visit Yellowstone National Park.
- Haven't bought it yet, but when I get back from Canada I'll be getting a new telly. I like the look of the curved Samsung SUHD ones. I'll be going halfsies on that with the boyfriend though.

Makes me look kind of selfish compared to all the people here saying they'd donate some to charity / give to to family.. :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd buy a Mazda Eunos Cosmo! :biggrin:
Man those things are awesome!
Towards uni and some new clothes :smile:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
After how many years?

The £400 interest on 9k? 1.5 years.
I would buy a caravan, a copper on the inside, a few AS and A-Level chemistry textbooks and the tools necessary to cook crystal meth.
Buying some properties in Europe and I''ll trip around the world.
Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

Build an app I've been wanting to build for ages.
Original post by Captain Jack
Build an app I've been wanting to build for ages.

What sort of app? :ninja:
Original post by HamzahPatel
oops I forgot to add the extra zero

Wouldn't that drain all of your money though?
Original post by Aleiya
Wouldn't that drain all of your money though?

sh*t someone finally noticed
(edited 7 years ago)
sh*t someone finally noticed

To be honest, I'd probably spend like most of my £10k on some nice parts/periphals for a gaming PC then spend the rest on makeup and clothes
Original post by Aleiya
then spend the rest on makeup

Not necessary for you :wink:
make it rain

Good answer! 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say take my mates on a bender in Vegas when the youngest turns 21, but in reality I'd probably just save it
Reply 175

Cheeky

Aww thank you x but I love make up, I just feel like it covers up my flaws you know what I mean? No one is perfect.
Original post by Ads.m
Cheeky

A lil' bit haha
Original post by Aleiya
A lil' bit haha

You're gorgeous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
buy Viki Pass of course and be free :woo:
Probably go back to Club Penguin and Stardoll to become a member and see all my dreams come true :h:

Quick Reply

Latest