The Student Room Group

GUYS. Would you look down on an ex-fat or overweight girl?

When getting into a relationship, would you?

Maybe, be annoyed by the fact that she may be vegan or a healthy-freak, to watch her weight?

Scroll to see replies

you'd honestly have to post a pic...
but generally no
nope
Reply 3
No, I would respect her more for taking control of her life and being healthy
Original post by Anonymous

Maybe, be annoyed by the fact that she may be vegan or a healthy-freak, to watch her weight?

The being ex-fat isn't the issue. It's the overreaction to make sure she stays a healthy weight that may be a burden and strain on the relationship. Just be weary not to take it *too* seriously.
No shame in being overweight or chubby, as long as it's not too much. But if they changed their life for the better, then good for them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Would respect you much more!:h:

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM
No shame in being fat or chubby, as long as it's not too much. But if they changed their life for the better, then good for them.

You are so cute Sean :colondollar:

and nope :h: I mean it is amazing that she lost the weight :love:
Reply 8

Original post by connormc199
you'd honestly have to post a pic...
but generally no

Original post by Arvin Bhambra
nope

Original post by yoda123
No, I would respect her more for taking control of her life and being healthy

Ohh, I mean, she may not always want to go out and eat a burger, or she may want a little company for a run, once in a while. That's not annoying, right?

I say she, I mean me. :-D
Reply 9
Ohh, I mean, she may not always want to go out and eat a burger, or she may want a little company for a run, once in a while. That's not annoying, right?

No, I would love to join her and maybe have a bit of friendly competition. It would motivate me to stay healthy as well. It's not for everyone though and I could see some people getting tired of it
Original post by BizzStrut
The being ex-fat isn't the issue. It's the overreaction to make sure she stays a healthy weight that may be a burden and strain on the relationship. Just be weary not to take it *too* seriously.

Original post by SeanFM
No shame in being overweight or chubby, as long as it's not too much. But if they changed their life for the better, then good for them.

Original post by Vicky628
Would respect you much more!:h:

Spoiler

You are so cute Sean :colondollar:

and nope :h: I mean it is amazing that she lost the weight :love:

Yeah, I mean, obviously, I will loosen up and have a drink once in a while. But asking them to do little favours like keeping their food away from mine, or keeping it somewhere else, to help my temptation.

Nothing as extreme as not eating in front of me, or not buying things they want to eat, but just, hiding it or something, would that annoy you?
Reply 11
Being vegan is the best life-style, there's nothing wrong with being vegan. :smile:
Original post by yoda123
No, I would love to join her and maybe have a bit of friendly competition. It would motivate me to stay healthy as well

that's a relief. I thought it would kind of be a burden on them.
Yeah, I mean, obviously, I will loosen up and have a drink once in a while. But asking them to do little favours like keeping their food away from mine, or keeping it somewhere else, to help my temptation.

Nothing as extreme as not eating in front of me, or not buying things they want to eat, but just, hiding it or something, would that annoy you?

having your own cupboards for snacks isn't unreasonable, no.

:s-smilie: if they found it difficult to use the fridge, maybe. But if you don't share a fridge or live together then that should be okay, as long as you explain exactly why it's happening :tongue:

I do the latter anyway so no:tongue: and i dont eat burgers or fast food very regularly so i wouldnt have any problems but thats just me:h:
Original post by mero22
Being vegan is the best life-style, there's nothing wrong with being vegan. :smile:

I'm not a vegan yet, but I'm considering it. It would help me become conscious of what I'm eating, plus, I'm a vegetarian anyways.
Original post by SeanFM
:s-smilie: if they found it difficult to use the fridge, maybe. But if you don't share a fridge or live together then that should be okay, as long as you explain exactly why it's happening :tongue:

Lol. Yeah fridge was the issue I was thinking about but didn't want to be pessimistic exactly. Different cupboards for different foods, fine. Good luck with your lifestyle. Telling me I cant keep stuff in the fridge would be annoying.

Also, having different diets can be a nuisance. It's nice to cook a meal for the two of you and if you like very different foods (my diet is protein/meat heavy) then it's going to be hard to do that.
(edited 7 years ago)
yh

That'd be fine! Especially if you're in a relationship where you don't live together, that shouldn't be a problem, and if you go out for meals it will motivate you both to be healthier!

Quick Reply

Latest