The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
"Punished?" Like how? Incarcerated? Lol not for this, domestic abuse between average people lands em like a night in jail if that. Normally told to separate. Because there's more at stake her like millions of dollars since she wants divorce not for him to be arrested or anything. She wants the assets from a divorce. Not justice. Weirdo.

Whatever punishment. Incarceration, damages. Irrespective, if he did attack her, then he should be held accountable. Do you agree?
Original post by 0to100
Then what in your mind would suffice as a punishment for this? Keeping in mind what the average person gets for a little redness after a fight...

Ain't it domestic violence tho? Probably, community service or summat IDEK lol :smile:
I posted a link showing this woman wants "shut up money" from him. It's sick. She doesn't even want proper justice. She wants his money. I feel for him but honestly, this won't ruin him. If anything will ruin him his own career choices will. She can't make it any worse tbh. He'll still have loads of money and fans and she'll be a Hollywood poster child with a lacking career to begin with after this. So weirdly he still wins. :biggrin:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Ain't it domestic violence tho? Probably, community service or summat IDEK lol :smile:

Domestic violence will get you what then...? If you're thinking years you're mental. Anyway she doesn't want him to be jailed, I just see the money she wants.
Original post by 0to100
I posted a link showing this woman wants "shut up money" from him. It's sick. She doesn't even want proper justice. She wants his money. I feel for him but honestly, this won't ruin him. If anything will ruin him his own career choices will. She can't make it any worse tbh. He'll still have loads of money and fans and she'll be a Hollywood poster child with a lacking career to begin with after this. So weirdly he still wins. :biggrin:

You feel for the guy who physically abused his wife?
Original post by tanyapotter
Nothing ever justifies domestic abuse, least of all "pushing someone's buttons".

Well we are all humans so...if you keep pushing, a person will react.
Original post by MrDystopia
Whatever punishment. Incarceration, damages. Irrespective, if he did attack her, then he should be held accountable. Do you agree?

You're not gonna trap me into agreeing with you that he needs to be incarcerated like you did the other poster lol "Irrespective," my point is that she doesn't want justice, she wants his money from a divorce, according to several articles. My issue is her intentions trapping a troubled person into getting rich for herself. That's her husband she's exploiting, for profit. She needs to go to hell.
You feel for the guy who physically abused his wife?

:rolleyes: You feel for the woman who is exploiting her husband's issues for money?

Read this.

Original post by 0to100
You're not gonna trap me into agreeing with you that he needs to be incarcerated like you did the other poster lol "Irrespective," my point is that she doesn't want justice, she wants his money from a divorce, according to several articles. My issue is her intentions trapping a troubled person into getting rich for herself. That's her husband she's exploiting, for profit. She needs to go to hell.
Original post by Blue_Mason

So you think it was okay for him to physically abuse his wife because she "pushed his buttons"?
the real problem with this is, none of us know the full story- sure we know what the newspapers have published, but who's to say they aren't biased and full of utter crap? just because Johnny Depp was well liked and respected, doesn't mean we can disregard the case as her being a 'gold digger', it's stupid and gives the wrong message to people- that they can get away with abuse too because it's fine. The court and jury will make their decision- if he's punished then he's guilty, if not Amber is trying to get attention and money- but either way, does our opinion really count? Nobody really cares what other people think, because people already have their own opinions, and aren't likely to change them, so why argue about it. The justice system will punish whoever deserves it, and till then- it doesn't really affect us, the general public.
Original post by 0to100
Domestic violence will get you what then...? If you're thinking years you're mental. Anyway she doesn't want him to be jailed, I just see the money she wants.

Na, nowhere near years. She's just in it for the money anyway and what I mean by they should be treated by average people is that when an average person dies it is rarely viewed in the media, but if celebs have a tiny spot of bruise, that's in the media before you know it. :h:
Original post by 0to100

I asked whether you agree that he should be held accountable if he did indeed attack her. Whatever the punishment that follows. Don't dodge the question.

And I've gathered what your point is, owing to the many repeating posts you've made about her just wanting his money.
You wrote out a whole paragraph about how it doesn't look like she was injured that badly, yet you clearly can see that she was injured, no matter how severe it looks. Therefore you implied that the degree of abuse is more important than the fact that abuse happened at all. This, along with the "Poor Johnny :/" sentiment leads me to believe that you are an abuser apologist. If you're not then don't heavily imply it next time.

You don't believe in due process, do you?
Original post by 0to100
:rolleyes: You feel for the woman who is exploiting her husband's issues for money?

Read this.

If her husband's "issues" include not being able to control himself and physically lashing out on his wife, then yes, I do feel for her. I feel for you, too, though. You really were not raised right.
Original post by Blue_Mason

That doesn't matter when you speak to certain feminists. They want equality, right, but then when they provoke you when you're emotionally unstable, they don't expect a human reaction from you. And they preach how "able" and "just as capable" they are but suddenly turn into sweet, fragile, vulnerable angels when they get a reaction they antagonised. I'm revolted :\
If her husband's "issues" include not being able to control himself and physically lashing out on his wife, then yes, I do feel for her. I feel for you, too, though. You really were not raised right.

Why do you quote issues? His issues are make believe? He's a robot with no problems he struggles with? He doesn't get angry, sad, discouraged, anxious? I think you inadvertently overestimate men and underestimate women whilst you inadvertently try to do the exact opposite. For you to find it unfathomable that he got played by a golddigger...
So you think it was okay for him to physically abuse his wife because she "pushed his buttons"?

I never said it was okay, but you need to understand my point, as it is one of the main reasons in why domestic violence takes place.
Original post by MrDystopia
I asked whether you agree that he should be held accountable if he did indeed attack her. Whatever the punishment that follows. Don't dodge the question.

And I've gathered what your point is, owing to the many repeating posts you've made about her just wanting his money.

I'm not dodging anything. And if you've "gathered," then leave it alone.
Mathemagicien

Follow

26 followers

1 minute ago

Tbh, these actors and singers are all drugged up weirdos, wouldn't put anything past them

If he is found to have domestically abused her, I'd personally approve of the death penalty. If she is found to have faked it (she is an actor, in the middle of divorce proceedings for a very large sum), then she should not be given any of his estate.

If this is the voice of my opposition, it's not looking too good for you all.
Original post by 0to100
Why do you quote issues? His issues are make believe? He's a robot with no problems he struggles with? He doesn't get angry, sad, discouraged, anxious? I think you inadvertently overestimate men and underestimate women whilst you inadvertently try to do the exact opposite. For you to find it unfathomable that he got played by a golddigger...

As far as I'm aware, citing the reason "gold-digging" as an excuse for domestic abuse will not hold in court

Latest