The Student Room Group

I'm a female muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Where are you from ?

I'm Mediterranean.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Do you feel that the Qur'an discriminates against you? (I can quote snippets of the Qur'an to heighten this debate / question.)

Are you a British Loyalist in terms of spelling?

What do you think about the archaic word "Moslem" for Muslim?

What do you think about homosexuality? Should they have the right of same-sex marriage? And should homosexual relations / homosexuality be criminalised?

I have more questions to ask, but I'll ask those later. :tongue: (I don't want to decrease the quality of your answers by asking too many / making my post too long.)

No, I don't feel like the Qur'an discriminates me in any form.

I am quite in touch with my 'foreign' background but I like England? :h:

I feel that if gay people want to get married, they should be able to, it isn't up to me.
Original post by saeed9744
Will the true identity of the infamous 'Jack the Ripper' be found?

I hope so

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Are you really a female Muslim, doing an AMA?:colondollar:

No.

Spoiler

Would you be happier if this was a Muslim majority country?

What do you think about Sharia's law? Should it be implemented into the UK?

Original post by student.feed
No, I don't feel like the Qur'an discriminates me in any form.

I am quite in touch with my 'foreign' background but I like England? :h:

I feel that if gay people want to get married, they should be able to, it isn't up to me.

I was meaning do you spell things in British English as opposed to American English? :tongue: (Do you spell like "criminalise" or "criminalize", "sulphur" or "sulfur", "lift" or "elevator"?) The reason why i asked because if you said British you technically should say "Moslem", but apparently it's offensive in Arabic coincidentally, so people used "Muslim" instead.)
Do you feel that the Qur'an discriminates against you? (I can quote snippets of the Qur'an to heighten this debate / question.)

What do you think about homosexuality? Should they have the right of same-sex marriage? And should homosexual relations / homosexuality be criminalised?

I have more questions to ask, but I'll ask those later. :tongue: (I don't want to decrease the quality of your answers by asking too many / making my post too long.)

LOOOL, this question always gets asked on a muslim AMA and it almost always never goes well
Original post by Kyle1198
LOOOL, this question always gets asked on a muslim AMA and it almost always never goes well

I know; I just thrive on debates. :tongue:
Would you be happier if this was a Muslim majority country?

What do you think about Sharia's law? Should it be implemented into the UK?

I was meaning do you spell things in British English as opposed to American English? :tongue: (Do you spell like "criminalise" or "criminalize", "sulphur" or "sulfur", "lift" or "elevator"?) The reason why i asked because if you said British you technically should say "Moslem", but apparently it's offensive in Arabic coincidentally, so people used "Muslim" instead.)

Ohh I understand your question. Yes, I spell things in British English but I find is annoying when people spell Muslim as Moslem or Qur'an as Koran.

We are in England therefore it is understandable/expected to have British law. Growing up as a child, there was 3 other muslims in the whole school and the rest picked on me because I am muslim so more muslim people in daily life would be great. However, my home land is a muslim country and England is a Christian country so out of respect for the British people, they would find it intrusive if England suddenly became Muslim.
Hypothetical scenario:

Your son/daughter is gay and wants to get married, what would be your response?

How can you quote snippets of the Qur'an? Are you a Muslim?
Would you be with a non-Muslim if you really liked them?
Original post by Zara0526
How can you quote snippets of the Qur'an? Are you a Muslim?

I don't need to be a Muslim to understand it / parts of it and written text.

Are you?
I don't need to be a Muslim to understand it / parts of it and written text.Are you?

Humm, Have you read the Qur'an? Everybody that I have come across that claim that Islam treats Women as inferior and oppresses them have never actually read the Qur'an. Instead they choose to rely on others opinions or take quotes out of the Qur'an thus out of there context and completely misinterpret them.
Yes, I am a Muslim :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
AMA

Awesome!
Reply 33
Original post by Infamous*
Hypothetical scenario:

Your son/daughter is gay and wants to get married, what would be your response?

Its peak, but disown.
Reply 34
AMA

How do you envisage 'paradise' for yourself a female. I presume you are unmarried at the moment, what does eternity hold for you?
Original post by King Scorchy
Would you be with a non-Muslim if you really liked them?

I don't know, it would be too difficult to revolve my religion with someone who isn't Muslim.
I don't need to be a Muslim to understand it / parts of it and written text.

Are you?

Use your profile picture as advice. Just leave
Original post by Racoon
How do you envisage 'paradise' for yourself a female. I presume you are unmarried at the moment, what does eternity hold for you?

A happy life with the one I love with no struggles init fam
Reply 38
A happy life with the one I love with no struggles init fam

That's not much detail:smile:. What in the Quran tells you this will happen?
Reply 39
AMA

The true question: a thick beard or a light beard

Quick Reply

Latest