The Student Room Group

so it looks like im getting a 2;2

so guys it looks like im getting a 2;2 in second year, sadly i did get overall a majority of 2:1s in my modules but i got a really bad grade for one module and that really ****ed me up, I did well in first year but second year took me by surprise.

I want people to honestly answer if it is possible to get a 2:1 overall. do people do worse or better in third year??

third year is worth 60 percent and second is 40.
Original post by yupitsme
so guys it looks like im getting a 2;2 in second year, sadly i did get overall a majority of 2:1s in my modules but i got a really bad grade for one module and that really ****ed me up, I did well in first year but second year took me by surprise.

I want people to honestly answer if it is possible to get a 2:1 overall. do people do worse or better in third year??

does your university have the rule where they drop the worst module grade? most people i've known have gotten better in 3rd year so i think its entirely possible you can still get a 2:1.
Ofc its possible to get a 2:1. Have you even bothered to look how your department works out grades? its crazy you have to ask tbh. You simply have to make up the difference to get yourself up to a 2:1. You also have benefit of the 60/40 weighting.
(edited 7 years ago)
At least you're getting something. I have to retake and pay my way through on my own (if I even bother going back) because of academic failure this passed term. SFA won't cover me, I'm sure :\

Oh yea soz I'll be going out your thread now. I'm on my way to off myself.
How much do you want a 2:1 or a first? I'm in my final term of my degree. I am so driven putting everything first no social life hardly see my family or friends just uni work and sleep because I want a first so bad! You know there is grading so your 2nd year doesn't even count? Your grade can be on just your third year results so don't worry just smash the last year!

PS - not being pessimistic but I work in Recruitment and with a 2:2 your are not getting a decent job....work your arse off get that 2:1 you will be a lot wealthier. Or do what a lot of people do if they fail uni do a Masters and smash it

If you want it you'll smash it, same thing happened to me I got on average about 64 in my 2nd year, I failed one module f**ked me up got a 40%!!!! But in this final year I'm average 74-75% a first

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by jalby1992
How much do you want a 2:1 or a first? I'm in my final term of my degree. I am so driven putting everything first no social life hardly see my family or friends just uni work and sleep because I want a first so bad! You know there is grading so your 2nd year doesn't even count? Your grade can be on just your third year results so don't worry just smash the last year!

PS - not being pessimistic but I work in Recruitment and with a 2:2 your are not getting a decent job....work your arse off get that 2:1 you will be a lot wealthier. Or do what a lot of people do if they fail uni do a Masters and smash it

If you want it you'll smash it, same thing happened to me I got on average about 64 in my 2nd year, I failed one module f**ked me up got a 40%!!!! But in this final year I'm average 74-75% a first

Good luck!

thanks to be honest i think i just didn't put enough effort in, overall if i could firsts in first year than i can do it in third, plus i think having a part time in second year was a bad idea.

I got 50 in first year, 51 in second year, and graduated with a 2.1. My split was 30% second year, 70% third year. But I had a very low 2.2, if you're only getting one bad grade your whole average even if it's a 2.2 must be a high 2.2. So, to answer your question - you most definitely can get a 2.1 overall
Reply 7
Yikes... The dreaded Desmond.

To be honest if you put your mind to it you'll do better 3rd year.

2nd year I averaged 70%, this year I'm averaging 80%. Possible if you try
thanks to be honest i think i just didn't put enough effort in, overall if i could firsts in first year than i can do it in third, plus i think having a part time in second year was a bad idea.

You'll be fine mate you've got the right attitude :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending