The Student Room Group

Waiters - carrying 4 plates?

Hi there. I have recently been employing waiting at a restaurant and I can comfortably carry 3 plates. However everyone I work with carries 4. I can balanced two in my hand but then I can't seem to balance one on my forearm. Any tips? Thanks. Also does anyone have any tips to stop cutlery sliding off plates whilst clearing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Try balancing the mon your nose
Reply 2
Original post by That'sGreat
Try balancing the mon your nose

Thanks. Much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
better to carry less plates and do more rounds than drop them all on the floor :lol:
What company do you work for that employs 16 year olds??? Also, do you still earn min.wage. Finally, is this company in London or not cos I could do with some extra moneyz
Reply 5
Original post by That'sGreat
What company do you work for that employs 16 year olds??? Also, do you still earn min.wage. Finally, is this company in London or not cos I could do with some extra moneyz

No not London but you can be employed anywhere as long as you are 16? Except like behind a bar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MBK14
Hi there. I have recently been employing waiting at a restaurant and I can comfortably carry 3 plates. However everyone I work with carries 4. I can balanced two in my hand but then I can't seem to balance one on my forearm. Any tips? Thanks. Also does anyone have any tips to stop cutlery sliding off plates whilst clearing?

It's difficult but as long as you keep your forearm completely straight and make sure it doesn't angle downwards and slide off, the plate isn't actually balancing - it's wedged in between your upper arm and the plate on your hand! Put drier meals on your arms if you're worried about spillage and put the sloppier food that can slide around the plate on your hands so you have more control over them.

Quick Reply

Latest