The Student Room Group

Girl Gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by govtandpolitics
Really :redface:

Yes, shocking isn't it 😊
Original post by Starlight15
Yes, shocking isn't it 😊

Yeah! "Yet the stereotype that games are a pastime for adolescent boys is an enduring one, and one that is perpetuated by the aggressive marketing of many big-budget games."
That's from the article and that's what I meant by this thread :biggrin:
Did you know a recent study in 2014 said that 52% of females play videogames?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know

(Idk if the guardian is a reliable source)

That's pretty cool. I know quite a lot of girls who play games now; it's really not as much of a big deal as it used to be. Myself included xD
I was wondering, when are you considered a gamer? The only games I play are most of the halos and naruto so do you have to like stuff like C.O.D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 204
Original post by sahra30013
I was wondering, when are you considered a gamer? The only games I play are most of the halos and naruto so do you have to like stuff like C.O.D?

Nah, absolutely not. In my opinion anyways. I personally don't like CoD, LoL and lots of other popular stuff, but play other games like Assassin's Creed, Fallout, LoZ, etc.
I think one is considered a gamer if they treat gaming like a hobby which they enjoy regularly in their free time, and don't just play Candy Crush occasionally.
Naruto games are pretty cool by the way. I am yet to play Halo but have been thinking about it for a while now. :biggrin:
Did you know a recent study in 2014 said that 52% of females play videogames?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know

(Idk if the guardian is a reliable source)

Not surprising as it's including Candy crush.
Does Neopets count :colone:
Original post by Malevolent
Does Neopets count :colone:

God damn right neopets counts, that **** is hardcore!
Original post by haiena
nah, absolutely not. In my opinion anyways. I personally don't like cod, lol and lots of other popular stuff, but play other games like assassin's creed, fallout, loz, etc.
I think one is considered a gamer if they treat gaming like a hobby which they enjoy regularly in their free time, and don't just play candy crush occasionally.
Naruto games are pretty cool by the way. I am yet to play halo but have been thinking about it for a while now. :d

Don't get halo 5.
Original post by XOR_
God damn right neopets counts, that **** is hardcore!

Yes this guy gets it!

Getting banned on club penguin back when you were in year 5 because you were a badman :tongue:
Reply 210
Original post by govtandpolitics
Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?

COD seriously ? Thats like saying girls arn't good at noughts and crosses.
I used to be a gamer chick who literally played games all day when I had the time and no distractions. My parents brought me a gamecube, nintendo ds, and a wii for christmas. Not in one X-Mas though. Am i still classified as a gamer person if I have a phone for the purpose of playing games? Lol.

I play games cuz theyre fun. If I end up getting a b/f cuz I play games and he thinks its attractive, that's a plus. Girls play games. It just that "girl" games and "boy" games are different. Girl games are usually cutesy, and guy games are most violent and more action, i guess.
Original post by Malevolent
Getting banned on club penguin back when you were in year 5 because you were a badman :tongue:

Year 2:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love playing video games, I'm good at the LEGO ones and mario kart and although I enjoy GTA and COD, I am rubbish at them and always get killed straight away when I play online, so I usually just stick to the story. I also love the sims!!:smile:
gamer grills
idk why people make such a big deal out of this. maybe if you're talking to 13 year old boys they're gonna give ya some **** but i'm 19 and game and all the guys i know think it's cool but not a big deal or anything?

Quick Reply

Latest