The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Could a conditional offer ever change into an unconditional offer?

Hey guys! I just wanted to ask if it's possible for a conditional offer to change into an unconditional offer? I was made the offer of AAB yesterday and I've aready accepted it from but I don't think I think I've been too optimistic, so is it impossible for it to turn unconditional? The course is Pharmacology by the way. It says the intake is 30 and there's 8 applicants per place. My grades weren't great last year either, in fact I'm surprised they gave me an offer. However now that I've sat some exams, some did not go as well as they're even more difficult now but I still have a lot left. Thanks guys!
(edited 7 years ago)
Doubt the offer will change tbh
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Afraid not, if they wanted to give you one they would have already.
Reply 3
Original post by Ayaz789
Doubt the offer will change tbh

Ah okay, thanks!
Original post by bluered97
Ah okay, thanks!

Np , just keep going!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Afraid not, if they wanted to give you one they would have already.

Okay, thanks for the input!
Yes it is possible, although as your offer is conditional on grades they would likely only upgrade it to unconditional with commensurate experience. If you manage to make up the difference elsewhere they still may take you even with lower grades; it isn't as formal as it seems. If you are concerned about whether you'll make the grades have a think about what you can do to improve yourself otherwise - perhaps a course on research methods via Coursera, or tutoring in your subject etc. Always an option and it helped me get into my masters which I didn't have the right degree subject for.
Reply 7
Original post by geolowiser
Yes it is possible, although as your offer is conditional on grades they would likely only upgrade it to unconditional with commensurate experience. If you manage to make up the difference elsewhere they still may take you even with lower grades; it isn't as formal as it seems. If you are concerned about whether you'll make the grades have a think about what you can do to improve yourself otherwise - perhaps a course on research methods via Coursera, or tutoring in your subject etc. Always an option and it helped me get into my masters which I didn't have the right degree subject for.

Thank you so much for the really helpful insight, I really appreciate it. I shall keep going with my efforts.
Thank you so much for the really helpful insight, I really appreciate it. I shall keep going with my efforts.

Good luck!
Yes it could change, becayse its at the discretion of the Uni. Will it change to unconditional? Unless there are some exceptional reasons, then unlikley. Doing poorly in your exams is unlikley to be one. There might be wiggle room of a grade or so. Iy depends what other candidates do.
Reply 10
Original post by 999tigger
Yes it could change, becayse its at the discretion of the Uni. Will it change to unconditional? Unless there are some exceptional reasons, then unlikley. Doing poorly in your exams is unlikley to be one. There might be wiggle room of a grade or so. Iy depends what other candidates do.

Oh okay, thank you so much! I'll definitely take that into consideration.
Oh okay, thank you so much! I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Just do your best on your exams and get as close as possible to the grades.
They will not change it to unconditional.
They might allow a grade less.

Im just repeating it for clarity.
I got a conditional and they emailed me ages later saying they'd make it unconditional if I firmed it. But I imagine that's pretty rare.
Reply 13
Original post by 999tigger
Just do your best on your exams and get as close as possible to the grades.
They will not change it to unconditional.
They might allow a grade less.

Im just repeating it for clarity.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Really means a lot!
Reply 14
Original post by RayApparently
I got a conditional and they emailed me ages later saying they'd make it unconditional if I firmed it. But I imagine that's pretty rare.

Omg that's amazing! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience though. It's nice to hear that it can happen for other applicants.
I received an email saying that my conditional offer has changed to an unconditional offer. But because I put them as my insurance choice what does this mean??? What happens how as I only received the email yesterday.

Quick Reply