The Student Room Group

WJEC AS ICT Exam 6th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
any last minute questions ?
Original post by AA923
any last minute questions ?

Is it worth doing the older questions as I have noticed some questions have been repeated?
Reply 82
Yes .... such as ? depends what year are you talking abt ?
Reply 83
How do you feel about making an ICT MOCK together ?? Each person can add questions and we can all answer them
Reply 84
Hi, I don't understand this question at all and the mark scheme doesn't make any sense to me. Can you please help me by explaining it. I dont understand how it only asks for 4 but is worth 18 marks, and if youre wondering, its in the winter 2014 paper. I didnt even know you could get 18 markers. Thank you.

8. Describe four distinctly different uses of ICT for home entertainment. For each, describe specific
advantages and disadvantages.
Reply 85
Original post by rhrtj
Hi, I don't understand this question at all and the mark scheme doesn't make any sense to me. Can you please help me by explaining it. I dont understand how it only asks for 4 but is worth 18 marks, and if youre wondering, its in the winter 2014 paper. I didnt even know you could get 18 markers. Thank you.

8. Describe four distinctly different uses of ICT for home entertainment. For each, describe specific
advantages and disadvantages.

tbh I didn't really pay attention to this question I just memorised the mark scheme how it is layed out
Original post by rhrtj
Hi, I don't understand this question at all and the mark scheme doesn't make any sense to me. Can you please help me by explaining it. I dont understand how it only asks for 4 but is worth 18 marks, and if youre wondering, its in the winter 2014 paper. I didnt even know you could get 18 markers. Thank you.8. Describe four distinctly different uses of ICT for home entertainment. For each, describe specificadvantages and disadvantages.

Ah yes that lovely old chestnut.

Basically, it works in this way

1 mark for making the use
1 mark for a description of the use
1 mark for an advantage use
1 mark for a disadvantage of use

Do that four times (four different uses) and that gives 16 marks

Quality of written communication is 2 marks

Giving 18 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by PedanticStudent

Giving 18 marks

You are a star. Remember, do good and good will come to you. Thanks.
Reply 88
[QUOTE="PedanticStudent;65396257"]Ah yes that lovely old chestnut.

Giving 18 marks[/QUOTE

Can I ask what experience you've had with this exam?
[QUOTE="rhrtj;65397133"]

Giving 18 marks[/QUOTE

Can I ask what experience you've had with this exam?

A year of intense studying of the mark schemes and many emails between myself and the wjec (teacher too) to clear up any of my doubts.

You can trust my advice as I'm certain it's reliable. I've done basically every single question like twice or more in most cases

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 90
[QUOTE="PedanticStudent;65397583"]
Original post by rhrtj

A year of intense studying of the mark schemes and many emails between myself and the wjec (teacher too) to clear up any of my doubts.

You can trust my advice as I'm certain it's reliable. I've done basically every single question like twice or more in most cases

Posted from TSR Mobile

How likely is it that another 18 marker will come this monday exam?
Reply 91
[QUOTE="PedanticStudent;65397583"]
Original post by rhrtj

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think are the most likely section B questions to come up? many thanks.
[QUOTE="rhrtj;65398035"]

What do you think are the most likely section B questions to come up? many thanks.

Maybe a vlookup or absolute addressing and 3d referencing.

All the same if you know your spreadsheet then you will be ready for anything

As for the first four marks I'd say car crash analysis as it hasn't been up in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
[QUOTE="PedanticStudent;65398179"]
Original post by rhrtj

Maybe a vlookup or absolute addressing and 3d referencing.

All the same if you know your spreadsheet then you will be ready for anything

As for the first four marks I'd say car crash analysis as it hasn't been up in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG what are vlookups and absolute addressing, i completely forgot what they are? can you explain what they are, the purpose of then and why they would be used in my spreadsheet. Thank you.
[QUOTE="rhrtj;65398281"]

OMG what are vlookups and absolute addressing, i completely forgot what they are? can you explain what they are, the purpose of then and why they would be used in my spreadsheet. Thank you.

I have not used 3D referencing in my spreadsheet?
Can someone please explain the use of ICT in healthcare?
Reply 96
Original post by alevellife123
Can someone please explain the use of ICT in healthcare?

For expert system you have to know 3 ad and 2 disadvantages or 3ad and 3 disadvantages ... it varies you have to know the componentsknowledge base , inference engine and User interface Knowledge base : a collection of rules or instructions derived from the human expert Inference engine : The main processing element of an expert system User interface : is the method by which the expert system interacts with the user

sorry for layout :s
[QUOTE="alevellife123;65408785"]
Original post by rhrtj

I have not used 3D referencing in my spreadsheet?

It's the fetching of data from another worksheet ie: getting price from cell d26 on the stock details page and having it shown on the sales invoice page
Reply 98
Original post by rhrtj

I would assume that the simulation modelling question may be about "how models are created"
Somewhat similar to the 2013 summer exam on Q9. However, instead of asking in context of weather forecasting; it may be focused on flight simulation or in terms of crash analysis. There's a lower chance of mathematical modelling appearing this year.

There's an amplification of the WJEC's topic of Simulation Modelling which I can confirm that has not yet appeared:
"Issues relating to hardware used for simulation modelling, including parallel and distributed processing" - They could ask a direct question about that too.

The rest of section B only requires you to apply your knowledge of your spreadsheet to the variation of questions; which makes it tougher to predict. Thus, it is vital that you pay close attention to how the questions are worded for the spreadsheets.
[QUOTE="PedanticStudent;65408955"]
Original post by alevellife123

It's the fetching of data from another worksheet ie: getting price from cell d26 on the stock details page and having it shown on the sales invoice page

thank you!

Quick Reply