Original post by Wisdom2
This is the official EDEXCEL Business Studies Unit 3 Exam 10/06/16
Let's start with revision tips and predictions :smile:

Idk about predictions. EDEXCEL is completely unpredictable
I hayte the unit 3 exam so much
Reply 3
Original post by X_Hope_X
I hayte the unit 3 exam so much

I know right! Also, I'm so bad at it! I have to prayy!

I need to get an A in Maths first! :smile: I need roughly 55-70 out of 100 to get an A as my non-calc went well

BUT business unit 3, is gonna be a killer exam
image.pngHope this helps
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wisdom2

I need to get an A in Maths first! :smile: I need roughly 55-70 out of 100 to get an A as my non-calc went well

i

You'll be fine. I tried Some past paper I always go over time. is this just me 😢 I need to do well because I'm doing business to next yr in A levels. If any could give u give me some time managment tips. Good luck age all the best with math on 8th
Reply 6
i

You'll be fine. I tried Some past paper I always go over time. is this just me 😢 I need to do well because I'm doing business to next yr in A levels. If any could give u give me some time managment tips. Good luck age all the best with math on 8th

You could either start from the back as people usually don't finish (Section C)
Or you can start from the front 90 marks = 90 minutes, so 1 mark a minute!
On a 3 mark question = 3 minutes
and so on!

Good luck
This exams gonner be straight forward and have the same layout as all the other exams. ANALYSE all past papers check the structure and then practice how to answer the questions check mark schemes and check what they are asking people always read the question and interpret it differently, your answer may be right however it does not suit the questions so always check if your answer directly relates to the question being asked. LEARN THE COMMAND WORDS, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. The command words are words like 'define' 'describe' 'analyse' 'discuss' and 'compare' each of these require different ways of answering and once you learn the structre of how to answer these questions there is no reason why you shouldn't get full marks. There is also a cycle, if you are stuck see if it referring to money and profits and revenue, it always does, just say the following: If price increases revenue may decrease however profits will increase... if raw materials price decreases then revenue increases and profits increase... stuff like that <<<<< the aim is always to make more profit so try and describe how that aim is achieved. For section C information is given and its often common sense. Section A is going to be about something like the 4 Ps or Boston Matrix where they give 4 choices and you choose one then probably talk about it and them and how its used ect... it will then go on to talk about other businesses and probably about how to increase profits and about product life time ect... Section B will be about 1 business and will ask questions about how it is possibly run and most definitely there will be a calcuation questions probably calculating revenue proft ect... Also there will most likely be a comparison question here.
JUST ANALYSE ALL PAST PAPERS THERES A PATTERN!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by STUDENT.123
This exams gonner be straight forward and have the same layout as all the other exams. ANALYSE all past papers check the structure and then practice how to answer the questions check mark schemes and check what they are asking people always read the question and interpret it differently, your answer may be right however it does not suit the questions so always check if your answer directly relates to the question being asked. LEARN THE COMMAND WORDS, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. The command words are words like 'define' 'describe' 'analyse' 'discuss' and 'compare' each of these require different ways of answering and once you learn the structre of how to answer these questions there is no reason why you shouldn't get full marks. There is also a cycle, if you are stuck see if it referring to money and profits and revenue, it always does, just say the following: If price increases revenue may decrease however profits will increase... if raw materials price decreases then revenue increases and profits increase... stuff like that <<<<< the aim is always to make more profit so try and describe how that aim is achieved. For section C information is given and its often common sense. Section A is going to be about something like the 4 Ps or Boston Matrix where they give 4 choices and you choose one then probably talk about it and them and how its used ect... it will then go on to talk about other businesses and probably about how to increase profits and about product life time ect... Section B will be about 1 business and will ask questions about how it is possibly run and most definitely there will be a calcuation questions probably calculating revenue proft ect... Also there will most likely be a comparison question here.

Thanks so much, you don't understand how much this helped! I'm gonna smash out a day a bit of revision and hopefully I get better.
Original post by STUDENT.123

What's the pattern ? Ang thx for the advice
Are you guys also taking the A level for edexcel businesses studies, or are you doing the gcse? Just wondering as i'm taking my exam on the 14th, while you seem to being taking yours on the 10th :smile:
Original post by Wisdom2
Thanks so much, you don't understand how much this helped! I'm gonna smash out a day a bit of revision and hopefully I get better.

Your welcome
What's the pattern ? Ang thx for the advice

The patterns is basic and straight forward you could put together 2 past papers and notice theres a set structre.

Section C is about a business and how it can proabably do better ect... Most information from the source

Section B is also about a business of some sort and you will be given definitions and calculations (100%) to work out and then about how it could improve or give you a certain situation and then how it affects the business.

Section A is all the marketing stuff like the marketing mix the 4Ps first question always multiple choice followed by a few questions based on the multiple.
Reply 13
Original post by Devinely
Are you guys also taking the A level for edexcel businesses studies, or are you doing the gcse? Just wondering as i'm taking my exam on the 14th, while you seem to being taking yours on the 10th :smile:

GCSE only atm :smile:
I'm scared. I haven't done enough revision as I should have . I think I'm going to regret that tomorrow . 😢😓😨Good luck everyone 😊
Original post by Wisdom2

How was math for u today ?
I thought the exam is tuesday...international business??
whale oil beef hooked - irish accent
Reply 18
How was math for u today ?

It was actually decent i got 73/100 according to the unofficial mark scheme.
A total of 136 in both papers according to an unofficial mark scheme. I'm praying an A is a low 130!

What about you?
Original post by Wisdom2
GCSE only atm :smile:

Thanks for answering :smile:

Original post by Student.53
I thought the exam is tuesday...international business??

If you're doing the A level like me then it is on Tuesday, but if you're doing the gcse like the others on this thread it's on today :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending