The Student Room Group

The ordinary girl with the extraordinary dreams.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Dearest Sana,
It isn’t a good enough excuse, but, honestly, I have not had the chance to read through this blog properly and write a sufficient response until today. I am so sorry.

Firstly, I want to tell you that I am so proud of you. You are such a brave individual. You have been through so much, and you still have it in you to persevere. It is really admirable.

Also, you are such a beautiful person. You are so lovely to everyone that you talk to. Not once have I ever seen you say something spiteful. I aspire to be like you.

I want you to know that every single word is coming from my heart.

Much love,
M x

I thought you were telling me you were leaving then :frown: I wanna cry, it means so much, like I admire you a lot too, trust me I think you are an amazing friend and you make me laugh and smile, and you are incredibly adorable. I wish I could rep you, you have honestly made my day. Like this has just made me so happy, to know that people finally know who I am, the real me and actually admire me, makes me overjoyed. It's not easy, neither is life but we live every day so we can have the best chance in life. :lovehug:
Original post by Rhythmical
I thought you were telling me you were leaving then :frown: I wanna cry, it means so much, like I admire you a lot too, trust me I think you are an amazing friend and you make me laugh and smile, and you are incredibly adorable. I wish I could rep you, you have honestly made my day. Like this has just made me so happy, to know that people finally know who I am, the real me and actually admire me, makes me overjoyed. It's not easy, neither is life but we live every day so we can have the best chance in life. :lovehug:

:lovehug:

Btw, yeah, you, me and Ravioli should all sing together!

I know! Like seriously I think she got a bit angry I showed you the link of her singing but it was only to you :mmm: and she is so good. I was going to sing King today but I got a bit carried away during the chorus and it went super crazy. Did you see Y&Y at the BBC R1 Big Weekend? It's on the BBC iPlayer website. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03tygsv/bbc-radio-1s-big-weekend-2016-years-years

I'm good lmao
I know! Like seriously I think she got a bit angry I showed you the link of her singing but it was only to you :mmm: and she is so good. I was going to sing King today but I got a bit carried away during the chorus and it went super crazy. Did you see Y&Y at the BBC R1 Big Weekend? It's on the BBC iPlayer website. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03tygsv/bbc-radio-1s-big-weekend-2016-years-years

:yy:
Original post by ravioliyears
I'm good lmao

:cry2: I feel so bad but you are good! Like seriously.
Yeah what about it? :u:

it jus made me giggle xD
I'm good lmao

:cry2: I feel so bad but you are good! Like seriously.

Trust me, R. You are good. (I really like your cover of "Dangerous Woman" :h:)
Original post by mariam687
it jus made me giggle xD

Hahah I am funny. :u:

Now I feel bad. :frown:
Hahah I am funny. :u:

Now I feel bad. :frown:

:smile:
You are so strong and awesome! I wish you all the best with exams and everything life throws at you; you'll crush it :smile:
Original post by georginarowley
You are so strong and awesome! I wish you all the best with exams and everything life throws at you; you'll crush it :smile:

Aww thank you lovely! Means a lot to hear that! :hugs:
So here it is, my blog which I am very happy to open. I'm surprised I've never opened one but I'm glad I have now.

I'll start by saying I'm 18 years old and I'm currently doing A Levels in English Literature, English Language and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media. I'm currently at sixth form and I am also retaking my GCSE Maths. Maths teachers at my school are awful and it’s the worst department in the school so I am self-teaching it.

I grew up in a big family, my four sisters and my mum and dad. I'm Asian so I've always been really close to my parents and whole family, even extended. I guess everything on the surface seems normal, but it isn’t. The day I was born, my mother suffered with an asthma attack. It was heavy rain downpour and something was amiss with my birth. I appeared to have had several multiple fractures that no one knew or understood how it happened. My mum’s scans were clear so nothing was wrong expect when the doctor turned round and said something was wrong with my bones. Skip five months later and I was diagnosed with Brittle Bone Syndrome or professionally known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It means I’m prone to breaking my bones more easily and cannot walk at all. It never used to bother me until I grew up. I’ve had about ten operations in total, several were life threatening and I’m so lucky to have made it this far. My education has taken a downfall.

My parents had to enrol me into the local special school which should never have happened as no one with my condition goes to a special school as mentally, I’m fine and so are others. I excelled at that school and got the opportunity to go to a mainstream school at the age of 12 for two days a week, I jumped at the chance. Even though I got a poor education at the special school, it’s like I already knew things because I was more advanced than my peers at the mainstream school. When I was 13, I moved to a secondary school and started my GCSEs there whilst alternating between the special school. Those years were tough because even though the education system failed me, I didn’t want to fail myself.

I attended the mainstream school with my best friend who in year 11, passed away. She died just after my exams but I was already told she would die just before them. That’s one of the reasons why I failed badly and ended up with F/D/C grades. I tried so hard to be normal but it never worked. I set myself a challenge to obtain high grades for my best friend and go to university to study an English degree. I suffered with depression immensely when she died. I blamed myself and contemplated my life because she deserved to live more than me. I did an Access course at sixth form and changed my D in GCSE English to a B which I’m now retaking again to get an A*.

I made the decision to move to the secondary school full time last year and it’s never been better. I have more independence, yes I do struggle with making friends but I do have friends and now I’m on my way to my dream. I’ve been through so much and want to inspire others because if I can do it, so can you. I may be in a wheelchair but there is nothing that can stop me. I hope you all read and follow my blog to gain inspiration and to know that you can do anything you can set your mind on.I’m aspiring to study at UCL and Kings College and I have more than 10 GCSEs now, A*-E (will become C once I pass Maths this year!) And apologises for this being too long!

Someimes I do feel frustated because I never got the chance to have a proper education against those who refuse it or abuse it but I'm the bigger person for carrying on and making do.

Blog Posts

Losing My Best Friend Part 1

Losing My Best Friend Part 2

Losing My Best Friend Part 3 + Finale.

Why Giving Up Is Never An Option

Music and Me: Our journey into life together

This is great, very inspiring for the rest of us lazy individuals, who tend to complain about life when we have no reason too!

More people need to see this. And good for you, for not giving up :smile:
Original post by Lostrider
This is great, very inspiring for the rest of us lazy individuals, who tend to complain about life when we have no reason too!

More people need to see this. And good for you, for not giving up :smile:

I wanted to inspire people when they read this blog, as well as being the TSR user who hasn't achieved amazing grades first time round and I guess seen the world in a different light. But than you for your kind words! :hugs: Even I am lazy at times! :mmm:
I wanted to inspire people when they read this blog, as well as being the TSR user who hasn't achieved amazing grades first time round and I guess seen the world in a different light. But than you for your kind words! :hugs: Even I am lazy at times! :mmm:

Haha, you're not the only one, the first year of my a levels I compositely failed (got U's and E's) now doing different subjects, technically in my third year :colondollar:

And it's ok, I speak truth :h:
Aww thank you lovely! Means a lot to hear that! :hugs:

You are very welcome! Good luck in everything you do, you're gonna ace it :smile:
Original post by Lostrider
Haha, you're not the only one, the first year of my a levels I compositely failed (got U's and E's) now doing different subjects, technically in my third year :colondollar:

And it's ok, I speak truth :h:

Ooh wow. See with me, I'm on track for good A Level grades for next year but I want to go and do a gap year and do STEM subjects to do Biomedical science at university, got bored of English to be honest. :smile:
Original post by georginarowley
You are very welcome! Good luck in everything you do, you're gonna ace it :smile:

Aww thank you, hope you do too! :h:

Lol
Lol

:colonhash:
:colonhash:

:ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest