The Student Room Group

The UK wont leave the EU. Here's why.

Scroll to see replies

we will leave maybe not this time but the brexiters will take up arms, take over parliament and make us a non EU republic even it the thames is red with blood by the end
Original post by popcornjpg
Why facepalm? She's right? The Tories are definitely the more attractive party to business owners.

"Owning a couple of properties" is not a business because it doesn't produce anything (i.e. it's rentiership; all that happens in this business is that money is transferred from the tenant to the landlord). Tories are the party of unearned income and of private landlords, people who want to use the state-backed notion of property ownership, as well as the government-backed policy of not building any houses, to take an assured percentage of working people's money in perpetuity while not doing any work themselves.

Small business owners generally prefer Labour governments because such businesses tend to serve low-income people and Labour ensure those people have a high enough income that they can consume.
No, the widest read newspapers are unionist but Europhobic. So they decided the No result in the Scottish referendum but if they are allowed to decide the result of the Brexit referendum it will be Out.
Original post by ByEeek
Let me fix that for you "The Poles doing the jobs we are too lazy to do" :smile:

Yeah and they get paid **** wages for doing it
Original post by Herbiechester
Noone should ever rely on the EHIC card for treatment - you'd be amazed how much it does NOT cover. You should always get travel insurance like you would for any other country. My friend stupidly relied on his EHIC card so when he got hit by a car he got his leg plastered - but the airline said he couldnt travel with the plaster - so he either had to get a different plaster put on for travel, plus a doctors certificate (neither of which were cheap or paid for by EHIC) or stay in the country at his own expense until he was better. The person he was with in the accident had travel insurance and his insurance company paid for him to have a bed on a plane with an accompanying doctor. Always worth taking out the travel insurance.

And its a bit scary you would consider staying 'in' on the basis of the EHIC card, or having to get Visas for European travel - surely this debate should be bigger than this?

My friend had the EHIC card and she got ill whilst on holiday abroad, non of her treatments were free so she had to pay a lot for her treatments
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _icecream
My friend had the EHIC

Goodness me, that's really serious! Has she recovered?
If we stay it is down to scaremongering tactics used by those with the most power to influence voters.

The leave campaign has been a mess too, it is only this week that they have started making a real effort.

People keep harping on about how the leave campaign is all about immigration but if immigration lovers had any sense they'd be voting Brexit because it's the only way we can have a fair immigration policy that doesn't favour EU members regardless of what they have to offer. Wouldn't you rather have a skilled worker from the US or Asia than a benefit migrant from eastern Europe? Right now the benefit migrant has more immigration rights.
Original post by Sephiroth
If we stay it is down to scaremongering tactics used by those with the most power to influence voters.

The leave campaign has been a mess too, it is only this week that they have started making a real effort.

People keep harping on about how the leave campaign is all about immigration but if immigration lovers had any sense they'd be voting Brexit because it's the only way we can have a fair immigration policy that doesn't favour EU members regardless of what they have to offer. Wouldn't you rather have a skilled worker from the US or Asia than a benefit migrant from eastern Europe? Right now the benefit migrant has more immigration rights.

ummm????

it's RACIST!!!! TO WANT FAIR IMMIGRATIOn!!!!
Reply 48
Original post by jamesthehustler
we will leave maybe not this time but the brexiters will take up arms, take over parliament and make us a non EU republic even it the thames is red with blood by the end

Wtf u talking bout? M8, shut up and go back to trying not fail your gcses.
Reply 49
Original post by PC.police
Scotland didnt leave the UK. the same will happen in this referendum LOL

Which is precisely why the UK will leave. The majority of voters are not actually as easily led as the political elite and mainstream media outlets like to believe.

The margin is much finer for this referendum.

The good thing about Brexit is that leaving gives the Scots another attempt in a couple of years, which means by extension more Scots will be voting out :smile:

Obviously correct given that all political establishments want to remain, the point is how strong will the brexit vote be.
Wtf u talking bout? M8, shut up and go back to trying not fail your gcses.

they only one point you failed to observe i'm 21 and an a realist with connections who are rich be it by hook or by crook and those crooked ones are expecting weapons sales to grow in the event of a remain vote
Reply 53
they only one point you failed to observe i'm 21 and an a realist with connections who are rich be it by hook or by crook and those crooked ones are expecting weapons sales to grow in the event of a remain vote

ur preception is skewed. played 2 much gta?
Reply 54
i know guys bringing van loads of kalashnikov AK47'S and colt M1911's
i have my remington already and am considering making a new purchase

m8 can u please stfu? I cringe soo hard after i read ur posts. imm die xD
m8 can u please stfu? I cringe soo hard after i read ur posts. imm die xD

He's autistic man, cut him some slack
Reply 56
Original post by Brusselsknowbest
He's autistic man, cut him some slack

Is he actually? If he is, i'm sorry.
Original post by _icecream
Yeah and they get paid **** wages for doing it

Picking fruit never paid good wages. But someone has to do it. My gran used to say "Beggars can't be choosers." But then she didn't take into account the benefit system.
Original post by ByEeek
Picking fruit never paid good wages. .

Which is why, for many generations, migrant workers have always done this sort of work. They tend to come here for the season and then go home. Seasonal migration is as old as the hills. It isnt a result of being in the EU, and it isnt just within the EU. Think of the people working as fruit/veg pickers in Australia on a gap year for instance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending