GCSEs and exams are an incredibly stressful time. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kryptonian

no their not your just overthinking it

Not now. We're in the middle of the exams so doing them is nothing new. How are you still stressed?
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Not now. We're in the middle of the exams so doing them is nothing new. How are you still stressed?

Because of my maths exam! I need that A and I think I got a low B in last paper. Any advice? :frown:
Reply 4
Past papers. Just revise the theory and bang out some revision, you'll feel better then
Because of my maths exam! I need that A and I think I got a low B in last paper. Any advice? :frown:

I need an A too. I feel that I got a high B (I'm doing AQA Modular, you're probably with Edexcel by the sounds of it).
Reply 6
Original post by theBranicAc
no they're not you're just overthinking it

I'm worried about maths that's all. How can I go from a low B to an A?
Reply 7
Make sure you are taking breaks!Plan to do fun stuff with friends after a couple hours of revision so you are motivated.Something I always tell myself is "this too shall pass".Remember even if you feel rubbish and stressed now you have a long holiday to look forward to after GCSE's to do whatever you want.I have A-Level exams coming up after half term and I am too incredibly stressed right now! Always remind yourself that eventually the exams will be over and you won't feel stressed anymore.
Reply 8
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I need an A too. I feel that I got a high B (I'm doing AQA Modular, you're probably with Edexcel by the sounds of it).

I'm with edexcel doing the IGCSE exam. :smile:

OMG I feel exactly the same! I was aiming for an A* but it is now impossible for me to get an A*, as I think I got a B on the first paper.:frown:
I am going to aim for 85+ on the second paper because I really need to get an A!
The best thing to do is just do loads of practice questions, for exam technique. Hopefully the second paper will be better!

Have your other exams gone well, apart from Maths? I found maths pretty hard, but the rest of my exams have been amazing!:biggrin:
Just remember it will all be over soon!
Reply 11
Original post by etata
Past papers. Just revise the theory and bang out some revision, you'll feel better then

OK so should I go straight to past papers or revise loads of the content first, referring to the revision resources only when I'm stuck on something? Is that a good approach? :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 12
Original post by Ula456
Make sure you are taking breaks!Plan to do fun stuff with friends after a couple hours of revision so you are motivated.Something I always tell myself is "this too shall pass".Remember even if you feel rubbish and stressed now you have a long holiday to look forward to after GCSE's to do whatever you want.I have A-Level exams coming up after half term and I am too incredibly stressed right now! Always remind yourself that eventually the exams will be over and you won't feel stressed anymore.

What if I don't have any friends? :/

Thanks anyway for the advice! :h:
Reply 13
Original post by sunshine774
OMG I feel exactly the same! I was aiming for an A* but it is now impossible for me to get an A*, as I think I got a B on the first paper.:frown:
I am going to aim for 85+ on the second paper because I really need to get an A!
The best thing to do is just do loads of practice questions, for exam technique. Hopefully the second paper will be better!

Hi thank you! That sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck in your exams. :smile:
Reply 14
What if I don't have any friends? :/

Thanks anyway for the advice! :h:

You can treat yourself to something you like?Spend some time doing a hobby/sport not just revising.Watch a film?
Hi thank you! That sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck in your exams. :smile:

Best of luck too!x:biggrin:

Spoiler

[video="youtube;4nsKDJlpUbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsKDJlpUbA[/video]
Reply 17
Original post by sunshine774
Have your other exams gone well, apart from Maths? I found maths pretty hard, but the rest of my exams have been amazing!Just remember it will all be over soon!
They haven't gone amazing because I always need extra time as I never manage to complete the paper despite knowing the content quite well! :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by junayd1998
[video="youtube;4nsKDJlpUbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsKDJlpUbA[/video]

What is this? 😂
They haven't gone amazing because I always need extra time as I never manage to complete the paper despite knowing the content quite well! :frown:

Just remember to do past papers to practice timing!:smile:
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest