The Student Room Group

What set are you guys for every subjects in school?

I want to know about what set you guys in for every subjects in school.

I'm currently in Year 10 right now and recently took my science gcse and probably got like either an A or a B. Also, I'm doing statistics as well so 2 GCSEs for me this year.

My sets in school (currently):
English - Set 6 (So embarrassing right? But I am going to move up. Hopefully at least set 3)
Maths - Set 2 (I know that I'm moving up as I'm doing well in that subject)
Science - Set 1
Geography - Set 2 (I know that I'm moving up as I'm doing well in that subject)
French - Set 1
PE Cambridge National - Set 1 (We do have sets for PE Cambridge National as there are a lot of people in our year that do this subject but small amount of people in our year do GCSE as for that, there is only one class for PE GCSE)
Sociology - Set 2 (There are only 2 sets just letting you know so also embarrassing).
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello?
Am in year 10 as well and for
English: set 3 (not that good but I try)
Science: set 2
Geography: set 1
Maths: set 2
Spanish: set 1 ( its the only set for the spanish students)
Religious Studies: set 2
Business studies: set 1 ( its the only one as well since am doing gcse not btec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was in set 1 in everything apart from Maths(set 2).
No set for anything except maths (as far as we know)
I'm in top set for maths
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Was in set 1 in everything apart from Maths(set 2).

You are a god!!! :angelwings::danceboy::elefant::pika::banana:
Reply 6
Was in set 1 for everything... idk why tho x_x
Original post by TheSpeedyz

I'm currently in Year 10 right now and recently took my science gcse and probably got like either an A or a B. Also, I'm doing statistics as well so 2 GCSEs for me this year.

English - Set 6 (So embarrassing right? But I am going to move up. Hopefully at least set 3)
Science - Set 1
French - Set 1
PE Cambridge National - Set 1 (We do have sets for PE Cambridge National as there are a lot of people in our year that do this subject but small amount of people in our year do GCSE as for that, there is only one class for PE GCSE)
Sociology - Set 2 (There are only 2 sets just letting you know so also embarrassing).

I'm in year 10 aswell:
Maths- set 3 because I'm dumb
English- set 1
All three sciences- set 2
Ict - Cambridge nationals- set 1
History- set 1
Art - set 1
Textiles- set 1
And pe- set 2
So many gods out there!!! :bl::centipe::charm::party2::rave::angelwings:

Science - Set 1
French - Set 1

I am in yr 11 but was in set 1 for everything. It doesn't really matter now as I am doing exams!
Seriously, sets do not matter at all- you can always achieve your potential. The only time they will matter is if you do foundation instead of higher tier.
My point is people who are in set 2 and 3 can EASILY achieve A/A* at GCSE, in the same way top set students can not do so well because they do not put the effort in (personal experience.)
Just remember effort>intelligence.
Best of luck in your gcse's next year!
English - top set
Maths - top set
Triple science - top set
Geography - top set
History - top set
French - top set
Economics - Only one class since only top 30 were allowed to do economics
PE - set 2 :frown:
Reply 11
Maths - 3
English - 3
Science - I do triple so we don't have sets
Geography - 1
Spanish - 2
French - Don't have sets
RE - 1

Don't let that set 6 in English bother you. Sets honestly don't matter that much and there's nothing that can stop someone in a lower set doing well :smile: Good luck with your exams!
set 1 since y9 for everything.

but there is only one business class and one french class in my school so that doesn't count.
Original post by sunshine774
I am in yr 11 but was in set 1 for everything. It doesn't really matter now as I am doing exams!Seriously, sets do not matter at all- you can always achieve your potential. The only time they will matter is if you do foundation instead of higher tier.My point is people who are in set 2 and 3 can EASILY achieve A/A* at GCSE, in the same way top set students can not do so well because they do not put the effort in (personal experience.)Just remember effort>intelligence.Best of luck in your gcse's next year!
Thank you and your speech... is amazing. Well done. :banana:

Original post by yoda123
English - top set
Maths - top set
Triple science - top set
Geography - top set
History - top set
French - top set
Economics - Only one class since only top 30 were allowed to do economics
PE - set 2 :frown:

OMG!!! GODS!!! :angelwings::auto::badger::bunny::horse:
Original post by luciie
Maths - 3
English - 3
Science - I do triple so we don't have sets
Geography - 1
Spanish - 2
French - Don't have sets
RE - 1

Don't let that set 6 in English bother you. Sets honestly don't matter that much and there's nothing that can stop someone in a lower set doing well :smile: Good luck with your exams!

Thank you! You're too kind. :colondollar:

Original post by k.m.b
set 1 since y9 for everything.but there is only one business class and one french class in my school so that doesn't count.
I'M HAVING A GOD FEVER!!! :angelwings::bl::kungfu::taz::troll:
the only set we have is for maths and I've always been in the top set lmao

Science - Set 1
French - Set 1

We have 11 sets in our school (it's a big school..)

English - Set 1
Maths - Set 3 (always been sh*t at maths lol)
Sciences - Set 1
French - Set 1
RE - Set 1
IT - Set 1
Geography - Mixed Ability (no sets)
Media - Mixed Ability

I'm in Year 11 btw :smile:
I was top set for everything apart from English until Year 11. Then I kinda dropped to set 2 for Additional Science.(although it wasn't really sets then; it was just Double Science or Triple Science. I got dropped down to Double Science for some reason, and couldn't appeal it :/)

I was set 2 for English, but there was virtually no difference between the top 2 sets. I'd say we actually had the better teacher in set 2, so I was happy.(everyone in set 1 kept going on about how horrible their teacher was)

I ended up not doing very well though, due to long-term illness. (got mostly Bs and Cs. I was top set for everything because my teachers expected straight A*s from me :s-smilie:)
What a great life story about set. :congrats:

Original post by Jazzyboy
I was top set for everything apart from English until Year 11. Then I kinda dropped to set 2 for Additional Science.(although it wasn't really sets then; it was just Double Science or Triple Science. I got dropped down to Double Science for some reason, and couldn't appeal it :/)I was set 2 for English, but there was virtually no difference between the top 2 sets. I'd say we actually had the better teacher in set 2, so I was happy.(everyone in set 1 kept going on about how horrible their teacher was)I ended up not doing very well though, due to long-term illness. (got mostly Bs and Cs. I was top set for everything because my teachers expected straight A*s from me :s-smilie:)
I didn't know that you can get drop down from Triple Science to Double Science.
What a great life story about set. :congrats:

I didn't know that you can get drop down from Triple Science to Double Science.

Oh, I meant I was put on Double Science from the get go in Year 11. Or might have been Year 10. Can't remember when they decided.

I was in Set 1 before that though /: