The Student Room Group

Has political correctness gone too far?

It seems that it's impossible to say anything without social justic warriors sticking their noses in it
The existence of political correctness is pretty much already going too far...
Original post by ineedA
It seems that it's impossible to say anything without social justic warriors sticking their noses in it

You've offended me.

HELP!!!

I want my safe space back.:smile:
Original post by ineedA

It really isn't, the amount of drama people make getting hysterical about 'SJWs' is significantly greater than the hysteria SJWs make in the first place.
Reply 4
Original post by BristolFresher15
The existence of political correctness is pretty much already going too far...

/thread.
Well you don't have the freedom to say anything without anyone else 'sticking their noses in'. Freedom of speech works both ways - you can criticise and be criticised.
Original post by ineedA

I am offended by your use of that word
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Well you don't have the freedom to say anything without anyone else 'sticking their noses in'. Freedom of speech works both ways - you can criticise and be criticised.

sjw elert
Reply 8

Hmm, I think you may have missed the point
Original post by aesthetic god
sjw elert

You caught me.
Leave the SJW's to it.

They mean well.:smile:
Political correctness has most certainly went too far. You can barely say anything about anyone without it not being PC!

Completely wrong. People just need to grow a set!
Yes.

Political corectness went way too far as soon as governments started considering passing laws to force it.(look up hate speech laws. Both the EU Commission and the UK government are considering hate speech laws)

I don't mind people whining when somebody posts a comment that's slightly offensive to them. They can say whatever they want at that point; it's free speech.

But when you're actually prosecuting people in a court just for making comments that are a bit offensive to certain people, then that's just wrong. I'm really starting to worry that hate speech laws are going to go too far, and we're going to end up getting jailed for making comments that are even just slightly offensive to someone.

Of course, the worst part of hate speech laws being passed is that the government might eventually evolve those laws to include prosecuting anyone that speaks out against government practices...
Original post by Jazzyboy
Political corectness went way too far as soon as governments started considering passing laws to force it.(look up hate speech laws. Both the EU Commission and the UK government are considering hate speech laws)

I don't mind people whining when somebody posts a comment that's slightly offensive to them. They can say whatever they want at that point; it's free speech.

But when you're actually prosecuting people in a court just for making comments that are a bit offensive to certain people, then that's just wrong. I'm really starting to worry that hate speech laws are going to go too far, and we're going to end up getting jailed for making comments that are even just slightly offensive to someone.

Of course, the worst part of hate speech laws being passed is that the government might eventually evolve those laws to include prosecuting anyone that speaks out against government practices...

Hear, hear.
Reply 15
Feminisation of society is what went too far.

Let's be honest SJW's are all about trying to shut down the freedom of speech of people who they disagree with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jazzyboy

Let's rubber stamp this - yes the governments idea that they "need to tackle non-violent extremism" is precisely a cover for SJW closing down of opinions they disagree with. It will be like this:

Nationalists - extremists
Cultural convertibles - extremists
Vocal Christians - extremists
New alt right challengers to the progressive left - extremists
9/11 official theory non-believers (anyone with common sense) - extremists

Sun readers and believers - OK
General mass media believers - OK
Anyone who never used their brain - OK

People who demand new bathrooms for transgender people - OK
People who want to end white rule for indigenous whites in their historic homelands - OK
People who want a skewed justice system that is inconsistent and favours progressive "protected groups" - OK

In other words the politicians running this are muppets who buy into the SJW's and have bias for "extremism" on one side but but the other.

The Conservative Party = SJW Party

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. I've always thought freedom is counterproductive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending