The Student Room Group

Muslims: Would you marry a non muslim?

Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

Thank you in advance!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,
I am a 17 year old muslim woman. I am not religious but my background is muslim. I am currently in a wonderful relationship with a very wonderful christian guy and have been for 4 years. Getting with him is one of the best things I've done. Although my parents do not agree, I honestly think race or religion should not matter, if you love someone. I think all a relationship needs to work is love and commitment. So I guess you know my answer 😂. I do defiantly want to spend the rest of my life with him.
[video="youtube;4nsKDJlpUbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsKDJlpUbA[/video]
Yeah
Original post by Anonymous
Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

State your name cuz.

i would marry one but its my parents that wouldn't be ok with it, hence why that will NEVER happen lul
Yes
By Allah, if I am in my sane mind never!
Original post by junayd1998
State your name cuz.

stormzy enit
No )_)
Drag me to hell. . . . . . . . . . :evil:
Original post by 30.10.12
Hi there,
I am a 17 year old muslim woman. I am not religious but my background is muslim. I am currently in a wonderful relationship with a very wonderful christian guy and have been for 4 years. Getting with him is one of the best things I've done. Although my parents do not agree, I honestly think race or religion should not matter, if you love someone. I think all a relationship needs to work is love and commitment. So I guess you know my answer 😂. I do defiantly want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Aww I am so happy for you!:h: I am so glad that you can see race or religion do not matter when it comes to love:smile: I wish more people were like you!
Also it is very brave to go ahead with your relationship even though your parents do not agree.
I wish you the best of luck for the future of your relationship!:biggrin:
By Allah, if I am in my sane mind never!

Elaborate?
Original post by samina_ay
Yes

What are your reasons?:smile:
Hi there,

This is very cute. :love:
Yes I would, I nearly would have but things didn't work out.
Aww I am so happy for you!:h: I am so glad that you can see race or religion do not matter when it comes to love:smile: I wish more people were like you!
Also it is very brave to go ahead with your relationship even though your parents do not agree.
I wish you the best of luck for the future of your relationship!:biggrin:

aww what a nice reply thank you so much for that, I'm not going to lie, the situation with my parents its difficult but it is 100% worth it :smile:
Original post by junayd1998
[video="youtube;4nsKDJlpUbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsKDJlpUbA[/video]

Love the song!
Original post by Legendary Quest
This is very cute. :love:

haha I thought it was cringe but thanks 😂
aww what a nice reply thank you so much for that, I'm not going to lie, the situation with my parents its difficult but it is 100% worth it :smile:

I really respect you for listening to your heart and not your parents. For not letting them influence you. You are one brave girl!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending