The Student Room Group

Muslims: Would you marry a non muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No because it's not allowed for a woman to do so and her marriage will be void.
Any Muslim woman knows that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I really respect you for listening to your heart and not your parents. For not letting them influence you. You are one brave girl!:wink:

thank you so much, aw. Sometimes you just know and I wouldn't change it for the world haha :smile: more people need to stand up to their parents if they have a gut feeling about something or someone. You cant spend the whole of your childhood going things you don't want to do.
Original post by Rhythmical
Yes I would, I nearly would have but things didn't work out.

What happened?:frown:
What happened?:frown:

Erm things fell apart, I changed and I honestly believe I won't marry a person, I'm more career focused
What are your reasons?:smile:

Bcos what you are stating is a fairy tale and I'm in love with fairy tales.. a non-muslim will not love me lmao
I
Original post by HAnwar

hi there, I strongly disagree with your opinion. I am a muslim woman and would much rather marry a non muslim because quite frankly I have seen the way SOME muslim men treat thei wives and I think it is disgusting. that's my opinion anyways
Original post by samina_ay
Bcos what you are stating is a fairy tale and I'm in love with fairy tales.. a non-muslim will not love me lmao

Trust me it doesn't matter what religion two people are. If they love each other, they will love each other.
I am so sorry for what happened to you.:frown: I hope things get better soon!:biggrin:
Trust me it doesn't matter what religion two people are. If they love each other, they will love each other.

To truly love someone - takes time... and true. Goodluck to those relationships :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by ThatGurl
i would marry one but its my parents that wouldn't be ok with it, hence why that will NEVER happen lul

Your parents don't have to choose your husband.
Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

Thank you in advance!:smile:

Hm personally I wouldn't unless he converted.

But if she can date you,then she shouldn't have am issue
Original post by 30.10.12
I

hi there, I strongly disagree with your opinion. I am a muslim woman and would much rather marry a non muslim because quite frankly I have seen the way SOME muslim men treat thei wives and I think it is disgusting. that's my opinion anyways

Well, the Quran itself doesn't explicitly ban it (marriage with people of the book, polytheists are off limits for both men and women) so go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by 30.10.12
I

It is not my opinion, but a ruling from Islam, in fact a ruling from Allah (SWT).
Lol I'm sorry, but I think that's a silly reason. There are good and bad men from all religions or no religion.
A good Muslim man will treat his wife well and if he doesn't, Allah will question him on the Day of Judgement for it.
Original post by macsalaama
Well, the Quran itself doesn't explicitly ban it (marriage with people of the book, polytheists are off limits for both men and women) so go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I did not know that! But it makes me feel much better!
Original post by HAnwar

Yup. Why arent we allowed to marry non Muslims is it to do with the kids?
Original post by HAnwar
It is not my opinion, but a ruling from Islam, in fact a ruling from Allah (SWT).
Lol I'm sorry, but I think that's a silly reason. There are good and bad men from all religions or no religion.
A good Muslim man will treat his wife well and if he doesn't, Allah will question him on the Day of Judgement for it.

So many muslim men STILL do not treat their wives well. Also do not call her opinions or reasons 'silly'.
So many muslim men STILL do not treat their wives well. Also do not call her opinions or reasons 'silly'.

Lol what muslim men have you been around?
Original post by HAnwar

that's is not the only reason. It is one of the main reasons though because pretty much every muslim man I know does not treat their wife the way they should . But obviously there are also other reasons behind my opinion but it is the main reason. Likewise I do not believe in some of the beliefs that Muslims have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Really? I did not know that! But it makes me feel much better!

Mr Hanwar above will disagree but do your own research then see how you feel. The general agreed view still forbids women from marrying any non-Muslim man.
There are several reasons. One being that any child born from such a marriage would (apparently) take after their father (name, religion etc). Obviously in this day and age that's simply not true and usually the opposite seems to be the case since a mother is around her kids more.
Another funny excuse I've heard is Islamic rulings wouldn't apply to the non-muslim husband so in the event of disputes or divorce it would be difficult (from a religious stand point) so sort out. If you live in a country like the UK that would really not be an issue but hey, the ulema disagree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Islam
Check the "modern practice" part

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/7666
http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/11/06/can-a-muslim-woman-marry-a-non-muslim-man-if-their-children-are-raised-as-muslims/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by macsalaama

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it does. Please research this before spreading around incorrect info

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]*

Original post by Anonbabes
Yup. Why arent we allowed to marry non Muslims is it to do with the kids?

Generally the man is head of the household and the children will take after his religion.
Ofc it's better for a Muslim man to marry a Muslim woman. Just because it's permitted for him to marry a non Muslim, doesn't mean it's preferred.

Same can be said for other non Muslim men ?
I believe it is silly since she's basing her opinion of 'some' Muslim men when there are plenty who are good Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending