The Student Room Group

Freshers of 2016 - What university are you going to?

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully I'll be going to York to do Computer Science :afraid:
Original post by Trapz99
University of Bantashire to study Banter Management with a Year Abroad

I hear it's cold in Bantarctica.
Original post by sophiebookley
Hopefully I'll be going to York to do Computer Science :afraid:

Why would you be afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Why would you be afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I'm an anxious mess at the minute and was struggling to find an appropriate emote. :tongue:
Original post by sophiebookley
Because I'm an anxious mess at the minute and was struggling to find an appropriate emote. :tongue:

Lol thats messed up. Good luck though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
City University London (soon to be UoL college), Law!

Can't wait to live in the heart of the city and be INDEPENDENT WOO
Amsterdam University for European studies.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Edminzodo
Liverpool, reading Egyptology with Chinese!

I was so close to studying the exact same combination! Hahah, I'm studying Asia Pacific Studies (Korean major, Chinese minor) instead though :smile:
Original post by JamesN88
Leicester for CompSci.

Hoping not to stand out as a mature student but better late than never.:smile:

cool I'm doing medical biochem
Original post by shubz166
cool I'm doing medical biochem

Good stuff.

Have you heard back about accommodation yet? I applied in April when I firmed the offer but nothing so far.
Will be studying Economics and Economic History at LSE
Original post by Ninjasrule
I was so close to studying the exact same combination! Hahah, I'm studying Asia Pacific Studies (Korean major, Chinese minor) instead though :smile:

Woo! Where are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo! Where are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCLan :smile: - the destinations for the year abroad are really good! :biggrin:
Do you get a year abroad with yours at Xi'an Jiaotong?
UCLan :smile: - the destinations for the year abroad are really good! :biggrin:
Do you get a year abroad with yours at Xi'an Jiaotong?

Ooh, nice! I can, but the thing is I won't be able to do Egyptology there, so instead I'd like to do a summer in China or an internship if I'm lucky, and do Erasmus in Copenhagen in my second year. Where do you get to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh, nice! I can, but the thing is I won't be able to do Egyptology there, so instead I'd like to do a summer in China or an internship if I'm lucky, and do Erasmus in Copenhagen in my second year. Where do you get to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh fair enough! :smile:
Oooh Copenhagen's nice, I'm sure you'll love it there. Bit chilly in winter though!

In Korea I'd get to go to:

Hankuk University of Foreign Studies

Ewha University

Sookmyung Women's University

Kyung Hee University

Busan National University

I'm hoping to go to Kyung Hee - the campus is really pretty ngl - search it on Google! Only thing is that the rent is expensive with all of these places :frown:
You can't work on a student visa in Korea so I'm going to have to save up if I go - I can't get bursaries from my uni because I live on the Isle of Man, sigh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahh fair enough! :smile:
Oooh Copenhagen's nice, I'm sure you'll love it there. Bit chilly in winter though!

In Korea I'd get to go to:

Hankuk University of Foreign Studies

Ewha University

Sookmyung Women's University

Kyung Hee University

Busan National University

I'm hoping to go to Kyung Hee - the campus is really pretty ngl - search it on Google! Only thing is that the rent is expensive with all of these places :frown:
You can't work on a student visa in Korea so I'm going to have to save up if I go - I can't get bursaries from my uni because I live on the Isle of Man, sigh.

I think I'd be going in the spring, which is good. And OH MY GOD, THAT CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL. TAKE ME THERE IN YOUR SUITCASE WHEN YOU GO. You might be able to get a grant from your university, you never know . . . And that sucks, I didn't realised the Isle of Man was excluded from bursaries etc.

What are the entry requirements for your course?
university of sheffield, studying accounting and finance.
I think I'd be going in the spring, which is good. And OH MY GOD, THAT CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL. TAKE ME THERE IN YOUR SUITCASE WHEN YOU GO. You might be able to get a grant from your university, you never know . . . And that sucks, I didn't realised the Isle of Man was excluded from bursaries etc.

What are the entry requirements for your course?

Hehehehe, I know right! A load of Korean celebs go there though, so campus is always crowded when they're performing or going to/coming from campus.
We literally can't get anything apart from Tuition Loan and Maintenance Grants, any bursaries we get over £4k are deducted from our grant :/
If we get a job, the pay also gets deducted from our grant... kinda unfair but hey ho that's life. Guess I'm gonna have to open up a couple of student accounts and make use of the overdraft.

280 UCAS points - I'm doing 4 A-Levels so could technically get CCDD and still go ahah. How about yourself?
Original post by JamesN88
Good stuff.

Have you heard back about accommodation yet? I applied in April when I firmed the offer but nothing so far.

I have heard back and got offered opal court but thats because i applied in like january time, it took them about 2 months to process it
(edited 7 years ago)
Hehehehe, I know right! A load of Korean celebs go there though, so campus is always crowded when they're performing or going to/coming from campus.
We literally can't get anything apart from Tuition Loan and Maintenance Grants, any bursaries we get over £4k are deducted from our grant :/
If we get a job, the pay also gets deducted from our grant... kinda unfair but hey ho that's life. Guess I'm gonna have to open up a couple of student accounts and make use of the overdraft.

280 UCAS points - I'm doing 4 A-Levels so could technically get CCDD and still go ahah. How about yourself?

That sounds like an amazing place to study at! And that's so frustrating, I didn't know you guys had it so bad . . .

I'm sure you'll get the grades! I need ABB for Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest