The Student Room Group

Knife being kicked toward the body of a Palestinian man

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mero22
'excusing terrorism' what the actual f*** are you on about

The video clearly showed someone kicking a knife towards a person who was already bleeding to death.

The person on the floor had just tried to kill someone in an act of terrorism

This is fact and it is something you seem desperate to either ignore or deny

as I said excusing terrorists and terrorist attacks will get you little sympathy
Original post by smearss
Nothing like this matters. Does this mean everyone in America should leave because the land is the native Americans? no. I know perfectly well how the Jews got sacked, and im not denying that Israeli Jews have a rightful claim to modern day Israel. But in 1948 the split was made between Israel and Palestine.

And no, the stuff that happened 1000s of years ago is irrelevant. The British said it was Palestine, sorry mate. It was then righfully split and Israel was declared a country. It failed to recognised the border between Israel and Palestine and continued to invade. In modern history, This land was never the Israelis land and they continue to invade it. There is no justification for it.

Besides, you latching on to history from 1000s of years ago doesnt matter. Jews were kicked out, **** happens so deal with it. International law states it is illegal, Israel is invading land which wasnt theres in the 1948 split and the UN say its illegal.

I answered that question and my opinion on it above.

Britain's opinion is really kind of irrelevant now, considering we aren't the most powerful country in the world and our empire no longer exists. We aren't and shouldn't be the worlds policeman.

Just because something is international law it doesn't make it right, slavery used to legal a hundred or so years ago, does that make it right?

At the end of the day the Israelites rightfully won that land from the surrounding nations in ancient times so I support what they are doing regardless of legality.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
If they are already building on Palestinian land , even though it's illegal and not sanctioned they obviously would take it all for themselves. That kick them out logic is something else tho , didn't know you were that hateful :frown:

Then why haven't they?

and how does the fact they have given land back impact on your claim?
Original post by BaconandSauce
Then why haven't they?

and how does the fact they have given land back impact on your claim?

Lol given land back? You mean taken it back lel

Well if you proceed to slowly infringe into another territory , building settlements within that area it's inevitable it will expand and the only thing stopping it is some sort of retaliation from the world , mainly the other Arab countries

as I said excusing terrorists and terrorist attacks will get you little sympathy

Just playing devil's advocate as I aim for as balanced a view as possible of the Israel-Palestine conflict - to ordinary Palestinians, the IDF are terrorists.

This is war and potential war criminality (from both sides), not terrorism.
Reply 65
Luckily your extreme views are shared by the minority of people. Most modern Jews have recognised their banishment and are not zionists.
We all know the injustices that Israel are doing to the Palestinians. There is no denying it. Anyone denying it is simply ignorant.
Reply 67
Original post by Someboady
We all know the injustices that Israel are doing to the Palestinians. There is no denying it. Anyone denying it is simply ignorant.

Theres one idiot who thinks we should ignore the law and let israel continue to invade into Palestine.
They have tried and failed on numerous occasions

It's more about poor sportsmanship when you think about it. They picked a fight got their asses kicked and have been complaining about the result ever since

Lmao, they should know better than to mess with the only remotely first world country in a sea of chaos

Original post by smearss
Israel has the entirety of America to back them up and use veto power to support their illegal violation of international law. They're also invading illegally into Palestine but you continue to believe Israel is the victim

And rightfully so, too. They have the utmost right to defend themselves from Hamas rockets and Palestinian terrorists. Don't act like the Palestinians are totally innocent in this

If they are already building on Palestinian land , even though it's illegal and not sanctioned they obviously would take it all for themselves. That kick them out logic is something else tho , didn't know you were that hateful :frown:

Considering the track record of muslim behaviour towards jews and other faiths I would say that they were defending themselves really.
Reply 69
Israel was never the jews land, their religion teaches them that they were rightfully banished for good. Palestine has a greater claim to Israel than Israel has.
Lol given land back? You mean taken it back lel

Well if you proceed to slowly infringe into another territory , building settlements within that area it's inevitable it will expand and the only thing stopping it is some sort of retaliation from the world , mainly the other Arab countries

No they gave land back as part of the negotiated peace settlement (and the the pallys started to use it to launch rockets but this is by the by)

But retaliation is never going to happen as the Arab countries know they would get beaten again (there's a difference between having an army to keep your populations cowed and having one who will actually fight to defend their country)

But look at the end of the day Israel exists as a country and it's not going to go anywhere so you have 2 options 1) deal with the realities and try and find peace 2) pray to god to destroy them and watch Palestine become an irrelevance
How was Israel allowed to push Palestine around like that?
Reply 72
You lack knowledge of this. Perhaps educate yourself first. the IDF are terrorists too, one could argue.
Original post by rockrunride
Just playing devil's advocate as I aim for as balanced a view as possible of the Israel-Palestine conflict - to ordinary Palestinians, the IDF are terrorists.

This is war and potential war criminality (from both sides), not terrorism.

As there is no declared state of war this is simply terrorism as one group is a defined state the other isn't

But as we know the Palestinians would not declare war as the matter would be sorted in a matter of weeks.
Reply 74

oh never knew it was because of a terrorist attack... Just saw this http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/VIDEO-IDF-probes-soldier-who-shot-dead-subdued-Palestinian-terrorist-449094

I literally saw this just now so no I'm not excusing terrorism..... it's because I've seen an article about a 3 year old who was killed in a refugee camp which lead me on to assume this was another one of those attacks which it isn't.
Original post by smearss
You lack knowledge of this. Perhaps educate yourself first. the IDF are terrorists too, one could argue.

Possibly, I'm willing to admit that maybe I do need to see more facts

All I know is that Krav Maga is an awesome combat system
There is a difference between defense and agressive injustice. No doubt certain Palestianian groups have retaliated but just take a step back and put it into perspective. Weigh up the acts of Israel and its military compared to the acts of certain groups. Now put yourself in their shoes: Your home land has been "invaded" and the international community doesn't even recognise the invasion, Illegal settlements have appeared out of nowhere, you're watching people you used to know disappear, you're watching houses get bulldozed knowing it could be your house next, there's a shortage of food. Would you fight for your freedom? I'm not endorsing their behaviour by any means but What would you do. Would you stand by and let your life be ruined? I didn't think so.
Original post by mero22
oh never knew it was because of a terrorist attack...

Yes this started as a terrorist attack
Sadly you are right this has now become a religious issue (it's why Pakistani Muslims get so exited about this despite having no connection to the area other than their 'faith')

It should simply be considered as a matter of a territorial l dispute that should have been settled when both sides were offered a share (the pallys initially had the better deal and for the first time in about 200 years actual self determination something despite the claims they have never had) but one side wanted to be greedy and tried to take it all and as a result lost it all instead
Reply 79
possibly, i think its a self defence thing from what i've seen since you cant exactly practise it.

Quick Reply