The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Going to make notes on each topic/event. Then think of key features for each one
Original post by RevisionGuide
Which exam do you think is the hardest out of the 3?

Britain definitely, our mock was on Cold War and Russia so I haven't had a chance to see how well I'd do on it
Doesn't help I'm terrible at source analysis lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
If anyone wants coldwar notes PM me
Original post by RevisionGuide
Hey Guys. Just wanted to start a thread for the upcoming Edexcel History exams. How is everyone going to revise for these exams? Post your revision techniques below. I'm sure it will help us all in our quests for an A* in GCSE History :smile:

I'm going to do a few past questions and try to learn the dates.
I got full marks on my CA on the american civil rights movement :smile:
Original post by Kumayl-B
I'm going to do a few past questions and try to learn the dates.
I got full marks on my CA on the american civil rights movement :smile:

Past papers help a lot. But you also need to know the structure of all your answers for the different questions on each paper.
Reply 25
Can someone help me wiping q3 the 10mark ome
Reply 26
Original post by Mark 88

NOP
Original post by Mark 88

1) Write about what the sources tell you about the event mentioned in the question and use your own knowledge to add detail.
2) Write briefly about the reliability of each source and how it impacts the usefulness. Use nature, origin and purpose (e.g the nature of the source of the source is a cartoon so it may not be reliable since cartoons tend to exaggerate therefore we are skeptical of the usefulness.)
3) Write a quick conclusion maybe suggesting which source is more useful or that both are useful in different ways.
Well I'm just making notes of everything and repeating them to myself parrot-fashion, it's just the way I learn. Also I'm abit confused because I thought for International Relations, you have to learn from 1943-91, but someone in my year said that you have to learn from 1918...
Original post by itsjustkuroo
Well I'm just making notes of everything and repeating them to myself parrot-fashion, it's just the way I learn. Also I'm abit confused because I thought for International Relations, you have to learn from 1943-91, but someone in my year said that you have to learn from 1918...

I think for the old spec there was a choice between world war relations and cold war relations but they've updated it so it's only 1943-91

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
I think for the old spec there was a choice between world war relations and cold war relations but they've updated it so it's only 1943-91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank the lord ( ´ `")ノ and thanks for letting me know!
Does anyone have or know of any predictions for what will come up in the last question?
Does anyone know where I can find past papers on the cold war? Because I can only find the 2015 on the Pearson website...all the others seem really different, have they changed or something? Thanks in advance..
Original post by Ellieeeee12345
Does anyone have or know of any predictions for what will come up in the last question?

Sorry if this isn't helpful but isn't the last question always something about the impact international relations? So I'd recommend just practising writing about how each main event impacted on international relations, whenever you're revising a certain topic always have that on your mind: "How did this event impact international relations?"
I don't have predictions sorry because I think you can choose from a few bullet-pointed topics anyway...hope this helps in any way :/
Reply 34
Can you send it to me please?
Original post by grace143
Does anyone know where I can find past papers on the cold war? Because I can only find the 2015 on the Pearson website...all the others seem really different, have they changed or something? Thanks in advance..

The spec changed slightly from first teaching 2013, so only the 2015 are relevant to us :smile: it's annoying but we just have to deal with it unfortunately
Reply 36
Original post by BeNotAfraid
For the cold war i made this presentation and it is attached to this massage but if you cant access it, it is also on get revising
I need to really get a hold of the knowledge, how do I remember these events?

Here's the link:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/outline-of-the-cold-war

hope this helps:smile:

I need to really get a hold of the knowledge, how do I remember these events?
Reply 37
I think the last question will be in between the dates 1945-56 but in the early period for sure.
Because last year it was 78-87
Original post by Mark 88
I think the last question will be in between the dates 1945-56 but in the early period for sure.
Because last year it was 78-87

i believe the specimen paper was the early dates so i think it may be events during the 1960s
Reply 39
Quick question, does anyone know the grade boundaries for Vietnam C/A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending