The Student Room Group

helppppppp my life is a mess

hey people
I need help
I think I have failed my GCSEs AKA my whole life
there are people around me expecting me to get A stars in everything
but I don't think I can and I have
I don't think my mum and dad will love me anymore also because my elder sister got 10 a stars meaning that everyone expects me to get it as well
I just want to run away somewhere and hide away from everybody because I know they will be disappointed in me
what can I do
pls just don't tell me that I will get good grades because I know I wont :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by lauren1976
hey people
I need help
I don't think my mum and dad will love me anymore also because my elder sister got 10 a stars meaning that everyone expects me to get it as well
I just want to run away somewhere and hide away from everybody because I know they will be disappointed in me
what can I do
pls just don't tell me that I will get good grades because I know I wont :frown: :frown: :frown:

First of all your parents WILL love you no matter what grades you get, as long as you've WORKED HARD for them :redface:
Second, you cannot be 100% sure that you messed them up until results day. Plus you have more exams to come, at least be in a good frame of mind for those :yep:
Third, don't run away. It will solve NOTHING and your parents would probably be worried sick.

If you want, PM me x Just take a few deep breaths and calm down :hugs:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
well best get to revising for your AS levels to make it up.
I sort of gathered that from the other thread when you said you were considering getting a nose ring :lol:
hey people
I need help
what can I do

You'll be fine..
I grew up in the shadow of a perfect older brother, straight As and all. But I wasn't bothered by it, they forgot me when he was around which gave me ample space to grow..
They won't hate you because deep in their minds they know you 'are not perfect' as your other sibling. They'll be disappointed maybe, they'll say, if you won't bring A stars. Always remember that you run your own race..
Reply 5
Right, GCSEs are not your whole life - they're not as essential as people make out, you don't need all A*s, I only got 1.

You'll be fine, just stop stressing out, if you want PM me
Original post by Andy98
Right, GCSEs are not your whole life - they're not as essential as people make out, you don't need all A*s, I only got 1.

Agree! I only got 4 GCSEs and I'm doing OK. The experience is more important anyways. Employers don't really look at my grades on my CV they look at what experience I have and how I can use those skills in the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Relax,

GCSE's are not everything, nobody will care about them as you get older.

You still have a more exams left so you can still get good marks and rectify for earlier mistakes :smile:.

Good luck!
hey people
I need help
what can I do

Breathe and stay calm. GCSE's are honestly just to get you into college and 99% of the time aren't used afterwards anyway. Don't stress over something insignificant. Your A-Levels are way more important, trust me (I've done my research ;P).
I would talk to your parents about it because it'll calm you down knowing they have your back and they love you. At the end of the day your parents will be worried incase YOU'RE disappointed and not them :smile:
Original post by Andy98

I agree, honestly it's disgraceful the amount of pressure that's put on students these days by teachers etc. Your grades don't define who you are :smile:
It's not too late to turn to a life of crime. How much do you know about locks?
I have retaken my GCSE's as I didn't do well last year. It will be fine :h:
Reply 12
Original post by PrincessPB
Agree! I only got 4 GCSEs and I'm doing OK. The experience is more important anyways. Employers don't really look at my grades on my CV they look at what experience I have and how I can use those skills in the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly

Original post by TheNerdxP
I agree, honestly it's disgraceful the amount of pressure that's put on students these days by teachers etc. Your grades don't define who you are :smile:

Indeed, they put the pressure on because the teachers need the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

I agree; I didn't get any A*'s at GCSE (I did get some A's though), and my A Level results aren't great either, but I got into university, so it's not essential that your grades are "perfect".
Reply 14
Original post by spotify95
I agree; I didn't get any A*'s at GCSE (I did get some A's though), and my A Level results aren't great either, but I got into university, so it's not essential that your grades are "perfect".

Exactly, and my A-levels aren't looking great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest