:smile:
Original post by sad_core
No problem whatsoever with it.

also,

>2016
>taking the bible literally.
>putting any credence in the bible.

ISHYGDDT

What the flip are you saying? Go on, do tell.
Yeah I agree, I wish the gays would just have civil partnerships and leave marriage to heterosexuals but the fact is that marriage comes with financial benefits. I don't see why the government didn't just add these benefits to civil partnerships but it's been decided now that they can get married and there's nothing we can do about it.
Original post by Trapz99
What the flip are you saying? Go on, do tell.

I'm saying...I love you. Marry me.
Original post by Francis Urquhart
With respect i believe some people do. Many of my friends view themselves as bisexuals, getting the best of both worlds, they themselves consider it a choice.

However i know there's also a big genetic argument when it comes to homosexuality but frankly i think the way we've all defended and justified it has been wrong.

It shouldn't be seen as some 'genetic-cause-come-condition; but as a freedom, a right, and who cared what it is, we should make sure that we're not discrediting those people simply for making a decision.

This is a really interesting debate though, as we both support the same thing but come at it from different schools of thought! :smile:

Best regards to you!
Francis.

Then they're an absolute discredit to everyone who has fought for years on this issue. It is not a choice. You can choose to engage in sexual practices with people but not who you are inately attracted to.

No they didn't. I thought so originally myself but marriage had different benefits.
technically I suppose so - I support every adult's right to get married to literally whoever they want to.
but I'm not in favour of the government regulating or monopolising the marriage industry - if you want to get married, yo shouldn't need the government's permission or subsidy/encouragement - it should be totally private and not legal. everything to do with kids is different - you don't need marriage to have children protected.

but yeah, for the sake of this relative argument - yes - I completely support gay marriage while we have this format of marriage.
(edited 7 years ago)
They already have marriage. The problem has BEEN solved. Why are you bothered?
There was no need for those feathers to be ruffled in the first place; marriage is not a religious right. It is a secular, legal, issue and Churches are not forced to perform gay marriages.
They didn't always have marriage. But they do now, so what's your problem dud? The problem has been solved. No use complaining.
i hate marriage, whether it be straight or gay. doesn't mean I'm against it though, people can do their own thing. its just not for me.

so yes i support it!
Or just make them one?

It's making the law verbose.

What about opposite-sex partners who don't want to be associated with the institution of marriage / prefers the term civil partnership, but can't because civil partnerships discriminate?
Original post by rehmanator
i am personally pro love and if anyone wants to love someone who are we to stop that, however the physical act itself opposes Darwinian evolution and our altruistic behaviour as humans. fifty gay people on an island in 100 years most likely extinct. whereas "straight" people would produce offspring fulfilling the cycle of life.

There are theories that having a small percentage of the population being gay is actually an evolutionary advantage.
So something had to change and you see changing legislation to extend pension rights (I believe this was a big point) and have a magical transformation clause that said that if you changed sex while staying with your partner it would just change from a marriage to civil partnership or vice versa as being the way forward because this *****ing about semantics is wasting government time...

And we still have the issue that should you disclose your marital status as someone who is in a civil partnership the person you've disclosed to knows you're in a same sex relationship and may discriminate against you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sad_core
I'm saying...I love you. Marry me.

Don't you dare say that to me. I'm not gay, mate.
I support Equality, so yes!
Original post by ellieacraig
i hate marriage, whether it be straight or gay. doesn't mean I'm against it though, people can do their own thing. its just not for me.

so yes i support it!

I agree, it seems like a scam these days!
Reply 316
ppl chose to be gay loooooooool, i find it funny how some ppl say they're 'born gay'
Call me God, but free will can't be changed...
Original post by Ladbants
I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.

Yes because I'm not an idiot and prejudice correlates with stupidity.
Reply 319
Original post by ADGWrigley
Yes because I'm not an idiot and prejudice correlates with stupidity.

No need to offend people here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending