The Student Room Group

Brexiters

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sainsburys wraps
Congratulations you've successfully derailed this argument. This is about a Brexit and not the refugee crisis, go and inflict your opinions about that on the relevant threat. Focus on the bigger picture instead of taking one name I mentioned and bringing up an entirely different topic. Even if Merkel doesn't care about German people, she's experienced, she's an active participator in the world stage - and why does this make her opinion not worth listening to? Respond to that or go back to connor please

You were talking about Merkel and how she cares about Germany. I showed an example indicating she didn't.

Erm I don't get why you're bringing him into this? How very childish.
I didn't do that but whatever

You did.

Just one thing. Why do David Cameron, Jeremy Corbyn, Nick Clegg, Gordon Brown, Barack Obama, Angela Merkel, Shinzo Abe, Xi Jinping, Hollande, heck even Alan Sugar and many businessmen without political bias, almost all respected banks etc... all warn against a 'Brexit'?

All the above have their own pro-Eu agenda.

Barack Obama got involved during his recent visit to the UK - which I personally think he has no right to do.

Merkel is backin the EU, for obvious reasons.

David Cameron is a closet Brexiter - he only wants us to remain for personal benefit.

Jeremy Corbyn is a dunce and is worried lots of Labour want out or are at the very least shifting towards out.

Nick Clegg is clueless.
The EU is equivalent to the USSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You were talking about Merkel and how she cares about Germany. I showed an example indicating she didn't.

Erm I don't get why you're bringing him into this? How very childish.

Merkel adores her country - she couldn't be more patriotic.

Spoiler

Original post by The Roast
You did.

All the above have their own pro-Eu agenda.

Barack Obama got involved during his recent visit to the UK - which I personally think he has no right to do.

Merkel is backin the EU, for obvious reasons.

David Cameron is a closet Brexiter - he only wants us to remain for personal benefit.

Jeremy Corbyn is a dunce and is worried lots of Labour want out or are at the very least shifting towards out.

Nick Clegg is clueless.

This argument is really uncompelling I can't even be bothered to respond fully. "David Cameron is a closet brexiter" "Nick Clegg is useless"... come back when you have something strong, and something which cant be contradicted anyway by comparing the brexit politicians, Johnson, Gove and IDS - all of whom are also closet "don't carers" who just want more power, and Farage who didn't even win his own South Thanet seat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vault111
The EU is equivalent to the USSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah great argument, truly visionary stuff, the EU is definitely a communist state
This argument is really uncompelling I can't even be bothered to respond fully. "David Cameron is a closet brexiter" "Nick Clegg is useless"... come back when you have something strong

You can't be bother or you can't?

I think you're just a bigot who can't stand opposing ideas/opinions.
Original post by The Roast
You can't be bother or you can't?

I think you're just a bigot who can't stand opposing ideas/opinions.

I can stand them, its just on the subject of a Brexit, most of the arguments are hollow.

"We get our sovereignty back" - this is a meaningless statement, no one around the world actively views 'European countries' and 'Britain' as a single entity.

"Immigration is out of control" - refugees/migrants will go to even more desperate measures if we physically lock them out, these people risk death by crossing the Mediterranean, why wouldn't they do the same across the channel?

all of the Brexit arguments are senseless, unguided, and supported by no one respectful apart from Nigel Farage, but he's pretty much on the lone crusade with Boris Johnson - who evidently has an agenda in leading the Brexit camp.

Leaving the EU will only wake you people up into realising that our problems are in fact our problems and not eminent because of the EU or any other international organisation.
Reply 28
I'm still undecided. It's fearmongering from both sides. But I see the leave campaign's fearmongering as less nebulous, so leaning towards that.. (I refer to the democratic element, not the notion that we'll all be killed by terrorists..)
self-interest, obviously :|
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'm still undecided. It's fearmongering from both sides. But I see the leave campaign's fearmongering as less nebulous, so leaning towards that.. (I refer to the democratic element, not the notion that we'll all be killed by terrorists..)

Sums up my position as well, takes a Mathematician to sum up a political issue well :smile:
Original post by sleepysnooze
self-interest, obviously :|

I fail to see how someone like Xijinping has a vested interest in the UK remaining in the EU.

He's just a politically and economically experienced person, leader of the biggest country in the world, and offering his opinion. Not to mention the dozens of other examples.
I fail to see how someone like Xijinping has a vested interest in the UK remaining in the EU.

He's just a politically and economically experienced person, leader of the biggest country in the world, and offering his opinion. Not to mention the dozens of other examples.

because obviously the UK would do better than otherwise outside of a massive inefficient protectionist bloc like the EU.
because obviously the UK would do better than otherwise outside of a massive inefficient protectionist bloc like the EU.

but why does it matter specifically to him? being the highest population country with an immense growth rate and lots of developing industry, why would it affect him specifically?

answer: it doesnt

he just got the topic raised and offered his opinion, and it is without a doubt one of the most valuable opinions in the world as the leader of China
but why does it matter specifically to him? being the highest population country with an immense growth rate and lots of developing industry, why would it affect him specifically?

answer: it doesnt

he just got the topic raised and offered his opinion, and it is without a doubt one of the most valuable opinions in the world as the leader of China

because china competes with the UK economically :facepalm2:

posting a facepalm gif wont reinforce your argument, neither will changing the topic for no reason

Xijin Ping, as I implied, has access to pretty much every economy on the planet due to the nature of its economic situation, a Brexit wouldn't affect China much at all, and even if it did, why is an economic agenda a bad thing? you people always come here telling me they have an economic agenda, and that somehow overrides the argument for remaining? economic agenda implicitly has a social agenda, as improving economics improves our lives, so keep on going on about how these people have their own country's GDP in their own self interest, well guess what - that isn't a bad thing
It's because they use logic, rather than emotions to draw their conclusions.

The UK can't compete with China.
The honesty we need is for the europhiles and the MSM , especially the BBC, to admit that the true objective of the EU is to create a totalitarian superstate, with no democratic mandate, and for the 28 nations of Europe to be replaced with regional clones carrying out the instruction of the centre.
Then we will see that the lies they peddle about supposed economic benefits of EU membership are a smokescreen to hide the true objective.
Europe has tried totalitarianism, fascism and communism several times in the last hundred years as a corrupt elite tries to thieve the freedom of hundreds of millions of people and these attempts have failed.
The totalitarian EU will be defeated too

Posted from TSR Mobile
posting a facepalm gif wont reinforce your argument, neither will changing the topic for no reason

what did I change the topic to? :|

Xijin Ping, as I implied, has access to pretty much every economy on the planet due to the nature of its economic situation, a Brexit wouldn't affect China much at all, and even if it did, why is an economic agenda a bad thing?

"not much at all" is still of clear objective substance. if you were the leader of china, and you could either advocate for something that slightly helped or slightly hindered china, why on earth would you say the latter and not the former? how is that good governance? mother of god. what is the role of a leader of a nation-state to you, exactly?

you people always come here telling me they have an economic agenda, and that somehow overrides the argument for remaining?

who's changing the topic now then? :|
and no, if I were to say anything on what you're now talking about, I'd say 1) to only focus on economics when there are a huge range of important factors, that's insane. for instance, would you give up your right to vote if it made you richer? that's an example where money isn't everything. also, remaining in the EU, won't make us richer - the EU is a stagnating trade bloc. how on earth will it help the UK to remain in a stagnating trade bloc? the swiss trade with the EU from outside the common market x5 more than the UK - yet they're basically the richest nation in europe per head.

economic agenda implicitly has a social agenda, as improving economics improves our lives, so keep on going on about how these people have their own country's GDP in their own self interest, well guess what - that isn't a bad thing

but remaining literally won't do that. to advocate remaining on economic grounds would be purely short term in its scope. that's probably why people thought joining the euro was good - because if it helped us at all, it would have only helped for a few years, but that's all that mattered to those kinds of people
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending