The Student Room Group

Is Donald Trump all that bad?

Scroll to see replies

What we need to do is build a wall. And then three more.

And then we need to put Trump into that little box of walls, make it all white and padded and voila!

America is great again. :woo:
(edited 7 years ago)
the dude has as much political experience as I do lmao
No, he's worse than that.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I feel bad for the Americans, all three candidates are awful

If only they could get rid of this democracy nonsense and keep Obama as eternal leader, that would be better

But yeah, he absolutely makes ISIS look civilised, dude. He's, like, intolerant of muslims. I mean, racism is worse than sending child suicide bombers into hospitals, right?

I have a feeling that 95% of americans would hate that, and a large amount would rebel. Obama isn't that great.
I'm surprised at how hated he is in this country and how much he is ridiculed for possessing perfectly valid opinions. He is not the dumb extremist that people think he is- personally, I think Marco Rubio would have been the best choice and a far better President but we need to respect the fact that Donald Trump is a popular candidate in America's democratic election system and that his views are very popular among certain demographics in the United States.
Reply 25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFqyHgQkSM

sums up why we get two half wits no one likes.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Imo Hillary is worse than Trump , can't stand that woman.

tbh trump says a lot of stuff , but in reality if he becomes President they would never be put into practice considering the majority of the democrats and republicans alike dislike him

completely agree, Hillary is much worse than Trump just on the fact she should be in jail. but also her support of horrific trade deals and the Iraq war. She always uses the 'woman' card and gets most of her support from the fact she is a woman and wife of Bill Clinton who in my eyes was a great speaker but a naff president. Trump is better than Hillary
When you're getting roasted but you know they're telling the truth...
Original post by Zas_21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFqyHgQkSM

sums up why we get two half wits no one likes.

the US political system is crap but to be honest i dont respect driftor's opinion on the basis that he's an idiot.
Original post by Trapz99
I'm surprised at how hated he is in this country and how much he is ridiculed for possessing perfectly valid opinions. He is not the dumb extremist that people think he is- personally, I think Marco Rubio would have been the best choice and a far better President but we need to respect the fact that Donald Trump is a popular candidate in America's democratic election system and that his views are very popular among certain demographics in the United States.

while personally i dislike Rubio and feel he would not be right i completely agree people bandwagon against Trump in this country, and that is wrong. i feel that this may have something to do with the fact the pro EU media dont want support for right wingers in the time of this referendum, but thats just the conspiracy theorist inside me talking.
He's a narcissistic, egotistical maniac.

He's also racist, and xenophobic.
Reply 31
Original post by Razamataz666
the US political system is crap but to be honest i dont respect driftor's opinion on the basis that he's an idiot.

I respect that, but the facts he does give are compelling, but in this case states voting at different times does cause better candidates to drop out. Until you end up with people voting for Hilary simply cause they hate Trump and visa-versa.
Original post by JRKinder
To be honest, as despicable as some of his views are, you have to give credit to the guy for dominating the campaign. Very cleverly capturing the hearts of large swathes of the ignorant Republican electorate to develop a such a strong following, all the while ensuring that the media focuses on him exclusively so that his 'views' are all you hear about. I don't think he actually believes a lot of the things he says, at least not in the same way he says them (or his supporters thinks he means). Nevertheless, I very much hope he does not get into the Oval Office, but only time will tell. He's broken every rule so far, so I think it would be a bit naive to suggest him winning is impossible, especially with the disdain that Hillary Clinton has amongst a large portion of the population. Scary times..!

to be frank i wouldnt say scary times and either being voted in would result in the same outcome to be honest - more wars, less tax for the rich etc. i however would like to see him get in as i would cry if the first woman president is Hillary. To be honest Mr. Sanders is the best candidate by far. its sad to see him not get in.
I think he is unfit to be president. Sanders is the best of the three in my opinion and a lot of supporters of Trump seem to just ignore his contradictions and stuff. I think he's a big demagogue and I haven't met anyone in my school who supports him.
I can't tell who is worse out of Hilary and Trump to be honest.
Original post by TimeTravel_0
He's a narcissistic, egotistical maniac.

He's also racist, and xenophobic.

I think hes doing most of that for show though to be fair and in the general election will tone down, he knows how to appeal to people and al lot of yanks are what you said above.
Original post by Razamataz666
I think hes doing most of that for show though to be fair and in the general election will tone down, he knows how to appeal to people and al lot of yanks are what you said above.

He should apologise to Muslims and Mexicans. And any other group that he's managed to offend.
Original post by ivybridge
I think he is unfit to be president. Sanders is the best of the three in my opinion and a lot of supporters of Trump seem to just ignore his contradictions and stuff. I think he's a big demagogue and I haven't met anyone in my school who supports him.

Yes Sanders is the best, without hesitation, but also remember Hillary is also a serial liar and possible criminal.
are you guys serious?? god i am so glad you don't live in america. trump is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to run imo. he's racist, homophobic and misogynistic and doesn't have the first clue how to run a country. if he wins i can only pray for america
Original post by TimeTravel_0
He should apologise to Muslims and Mexicans. And any other group that he's managed to offend.

no i dont think he should nor will to be honest. its too ingrained in his campaign and i would make him look like a Muslim apologist which would not bode well in his already divided party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending