The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Media Studies 8th June 2016 predictions

Hi there, I was wandering if anyone had any ideas of what questions might come up in this years WJEC A2 exam on June the 8th. I'm really behind and stressing out big time! Can anyone help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Vegetable
Hi there, I was wandering if anyone had any ideas of what questions might come up in this years WJEC A2 exam on June the 8th. I'm really behind and stressing out big time! Can anyone help?

I'm unsure on what the predictions are, do you have your case studies at least from 3 industries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I think in section B there may be two narrative questions.
Id prefer:
-Genre
-Internet
-Narrative
-Representation
Reply 3
Original post by OutOfTime
I think in section B there may be two narrative questions.
Id prefer:
-Genre
-Internet
-Narrative
-Representation

Narrative/Genre/Representation will never appear in section B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by upetro1
Narrative/Genre/Representation will never appear in section B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! what do you expect will be in section A though? isn't that where representation normally is?
Reply 5
Thank you so much! what do you expect will be in section A though? isn't that where representation normally is?

Section A is text and Section B is Industry and Audience. So Section A is where you get the representation and narrative questions and Section B is where you get marketing, regulations, social media, digital technolgies and appeals questions.
What is everyone's predictions for section B? Do you think marketing will come up?
Reply 7
Original post by charlottelucy19
What is everyone's predictions for section B? Do you think marketing will come up?

social media on marketing came up last year. in 2014 it was marketing strategies then in 2013 was digital technology on marketing(i think)
Reply 8

Section A will either be Genre/Narrative/Representation. Make sure you go over genre!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by upetro1
Section A will either be Genre/Narrative/Representation. Make sure you go over genre!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:s-smilie: i hope marketing/success and regulation dont dominate section B D:
Reply 10
:s-smilie: i hope marketing/success and regulation dont dominate section B D:

What industries have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by upetro1
What industries have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Film:
Skyfall, sightseers, Avatar

Television:
x-factor, Bbc news at 6, Black mirror

Advertising:
E-lites, Barnados, Visit Britain
Reply 12
Film:
Skyfall, sightseers, Avatar

Television:
x-factor, Bbc news at 6, Black mirror

Advertising:
E-lites, Barnados, Visit Britain

Very good case studies! Particularly the black mirror tv case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by upetro1
Very good case studies! Particularly the black mirror tv case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

my thoughts are that i will use film for the A1 question, then tv for audience and advertising for regulation/marketing.
this post has freaked me out!! What questions are these case studies to be used for? In our class we each have chosen 3 films to apply to the section B question but that is all?? Can someone explain please omg
Original post by yasmincharlotte
this post has freaked me out!! What questions are these case studies to be used for? In our class we each have chosen 3 films to apply to the section B question but that is all?? Can someone explain please omg

You need a total of 9 different case studies from 3 different industries (e.g. Film industry, music industry etc.) And you can only use 1 industry to answer each question.
So for section A (representation, narrative, genre) You have to use 3 case studies of the same industry to answer it depending on the question asked (so 3 contrasting films or 3 tv programmes that show representation/genre or narrative)
It doesn't matter which industry you choose for the question, just make sure you know how to answer it with your case studies.

For Section B you need 6 case studies that focus on marketing, distribution, production and audience (3 for audience, 3 for industry). Make sure you talk about audience in both section B questions even if you choose a question specific to either audience or industry issues or you could get marked down.

Hope this helped ^.^ Good luck
I predict that Section A will be Genre and Representation questions. Section B will be broad, i have a feeling that all 4 questions will cover different topics.

I'm confident in all Section A questions, I just hope that Section B will have two audiece questions.
Reply 17
Good luck to all tonmorrow! ive been sat here slaving over writing past paper questions for days D: i dont know how much is actually sunk in but oh well haha
if there are two audience questions can we answer them both? Is it literally any two from section B? like you don't have to pick one audience q and then a different one?
Original post by ellmarsden
if there are two audience questions can we answer them both? Is it literally any two from section B? like you don't have to pick one audience q and then a different one?

Yeah it's literally any two you want to answer. So if audience came up twice, I could answer both the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending