Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Guys let's agree to disagree.

I'm for equal marriage.
Original post by ADGWrigley
I'm for equal marriage.

All right all right. Let's agree to disagree on this one :smile:
Yes :smile:

My policy is, if it doesn't physically hurt anyone, there's no problem with it. If it makes people happy, why not?
Also who has the right to control people like that and stop them marrying who they want?
Reply 344
Original post by Mactotaur
When did you choose to be straight?

being straight is by default mate. If you're gay i have no words for you.
Original post by imran_
ppl chose to be gay loooooooool, i find it funny how some ppl say they're 'born gay'

Imran, I take it you're a Muslim. Then I'd suggest you read the Qur'anic verse 17:84

Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "Each one does according to SHAKILATIHI ( i.e. his way, or disposition or inclination) and your Lord knows best of him whose path is right."

... trumping this with modern sciences knowledge of genetic programming it's obvious that even Allah swt is stating that being gay is innate and not a choice.

Of course, if you were bisexual (which you may well be) then being gay would appear as a choice for you ( with your shakilathihi being an innate attraction to both sexes)
Original post by imran_
ppl chose to be gay loooooooool, i find it funny how some ppl say they're 'born gay'

Why would you chose to be something that constantly gets discriminated? Did you choose to be straight?
Reply 347
Original post by Jhansen23
Imran, I take it you're a Muslim. Then I'd suggest you read the Qur'anic verse 17:84

Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "Each one does according to SHAKILATIHI ( i.e. his way, or disposition or inclination) and your Lord knows best of him whose path is right."

... trumping this with modern sciences knowledge of genetic programming it's obvious that even Allah swt is stating that being gay is innate and not a choice.

Of course, if you were bisexual (which you may well be) then being gay would appear as a choice for you ( with your shakilathihi being an innate attraction to both sexes)

mate what is ur point i dont understand the big words ur using
Reply 348
Original post by ellieacraig
Why would you chose to be something that constantly gets discriminated? Did you choose to be straight?

my opinion mate, stop crying. Im against gays and you cant change my view on it.
Original post by imran_
being straight is by default mate. If you're gay i have no words for you.

The Qur'an in sura 24:31 refers to certain men who are allowed to see women exposed, calling them "their followers who are not possessors of the desire/skill of adult males" -- the skill of adult males being the innate desire for women or ability to get hard for women. So the Qur'an itself reaffirms that some men lack this desire/skill that defines males.

The prophet Mohammedﷺ even had a makahanathun ( an effeminate/gay man) living IN HIS household WITH HIS WIVES.

Or did you not know this?
who cares if being gay is a choice, anyway? surely people are allowed to choose who they want to be with, regardless of gender
Original post by imran_
my opinion mate, stop crying. Im against gays and you cant change my view on it.

It's called discussion and debate 'mate'.

That's so funny, you're frightened of homosexuality?
Reply 352
Original post by ellieacraig
It's called discussion and debate 'mate'.

That's so funny, you're frightened of homosexuality?

When did I state that im frightened of homosexuality? I've expressed my views on the question of this thread and im sure a lot of people may agree with me. You on the other hand dont. Thats your view and I cant go against it.
Reply 353
Original post by Jhansen23
The Qur'an in sura 24:31 refers to certain men who are allowed to see women exposed, calling them "their followers who are not possessors of the desire/skill of adult males" -- the skill of adult males being the innate desire for women or ability to get hard for women. So the Qur'an itself reaffirms that some men lack this desire/skill that defines males.

The prophet Mohammedﷺ even had a makahanathun ( an effeminate/gay man) living IN HIS household WITH HIS WIVES.

Or did you not know this?

I do not have knowledge of this but if you're a Muslim yourself and is in favour of homosexuality. I would advice you to speak to an imam.
Original post by imran_

Fine whatever just don't try to change people who are gay and avoid abusing them for it.
Original post by imran_
When did I state that im frightened of homosexuality? I've expressed my views on the question of this thread and im sure a lot of people may agree with me. You on the other hand dont. Thats your view and I cant go against it.

You're homophobic. You're scared.

I'm open to freedom of speech, hence our conversation.
You don't seem to like others calling you out.

Imran, thats a Prophet is it not?

If one was to assume that someone with such name was a muslim, then one can assume that that person has also faced injustice and discrimination based on something that they 'have chosen'.

Agree to disagree, I completely respect your opinion - genuinely. I myself have had prejudice opinions in the past which have rationalised as I have matured.
Original post by imran_

Why are you against gay people, specifically?
Original post by imran_
mate what is ur point i dont understand the big words ur using

They're not big words Imran.

these are universal words for the whole of mankind as revealed to prophet Mohammedﷺ

But as you are ignorant of them and their meaning you are keeping yourself in a state of ignorance ( jahil) and consequently you become oppressive to a minority of humanity created that way by Allah (swt) the Knowing and Powerful.
Of course I do, if two people are in love, then what's wrong with it?

The problem I have is people believing it's their right just to disagree with something, what's the harm in 2 guys or 2 girls getting married?
Original post by Trapz99
It should only be legalised if the majority of the population in these countries supports it. For example, it should not be legalised in a country like Russia where most people do not support it.

Does the will of a country dictate human rights?

How about putting gay people to death? Should that be legalised just because most of the country supports it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending