The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please tell me how many different questions they can ask about the nazis/ hitter between the period of 1920-33
Reply 81
Original post by Annie.humair
Can someone please tell me how many different questions they can ask about the nazis/ hitter between the period of 1920-33

The three main questions I think they could ask are;

How serious a political movement were the Nazi party between 1920 and 1929?

Why was Hitler appointed Chancellor in January 1933? (They will usually ask this by providing a stated factor and you argue for and against it ie Hitler's skills as a politician)

How did Hitler and the Nazis consolidate their power in 1933? (Again, will probably be a stated factor given)

They may ask a bit more narrowly something like;

What caused an increase in Nazi popularity between 1928 and 1932?
Original post by eddso
The three main questions I think they could ask are;

How serious a political movement were the Nazi party between 1920 and 1929?

Why was Hitler appointed Chancellor in January 1933? (They will usually ask this by providing a stated factor and you argue for and against it ie Hitler's skills as a politician)

How did Hitler and the Nazis consolidate their power in 1933? (Again, will probably be a stated factor given)

They may ask a bit more narrowly something like;

What caused an increase in Nazi popularity between 1928 and 1932?

Thank you
How likely are they to repeat topics but in a different wording?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sally.7
This is an incredible essay!! If you don't mind me asking, did your teacher make it clear why two marks were deducted for source work? Of course it's a very picky question, and 38 is an amazing score, but I only ask as I thought your source evaluation was a particular strength! Thank you :smile:

I lost marks in AO2b mainly on a rushed conclusion I wrote in the final two minutes of the lesson; if the conclusion was more rounded and "fully substantiated" according to the mark scheme, I could have gotten full marks. AO1a/b (Source analysis) is quite simple to gain full marks in if you read the mark scheme. The key points in the mark scheme is to make sure "selected material directly addresses the focus of the question", as well as "Candidates demonstrate explicit understanding of the key issues raised by the question, evaluating arguments and as appropriate interpretations.The analysis will be supported by an appropriate range and depth of accurate and well-selected factual material."

This comes naturally when you totally know a subject area, you can point out inaccuracies in some sources or argue that their opinion holds partial weight because X happened, however, they omit that Y happened. Historiography is essential as well when evaluating sources, as you must know when they were produced according to the timeline. I'll post my revision notes on historiographical change throughout the century.

tl;dr: Make sure the quotes you use from the sources relate to the question, and you use your knowledge to support/refute historians.
Original post by grassntai
How likely are they to repeat topics but in a different wording?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's 4 topics that can come up and only a certain number of questions can be asked for each of them.
As for the wording, they ask you to argue which factor is more important and give you a stated factor in the question. The factors vary each time so just make sure to know all the relevant factors
What factors do we talk about when asked why hitter was appointed as chancellor?
anyone got any a/a* essays/ plans on hitlers consolidation of power just in case edexcel are sneaky and ask a unit 6 again?
Reply 88
What factors do we talk about when asked why hitter was appointed as chancellor?

I like to talk about;

Party reform - Fuhrer principal, Gaus etc.
Great Depression
Communist threat
Electoral support - June 1932 specifically
Propaganda - canvassing etc.
Political intrigue - papen, Schleicher etc
Hitler's skills as a politician - orator, propaganda etc.
Original post by eddso
I like to talk about;

Party reform - Fuhrer principal, Gaus etc.
Great Depression
Communist threat
Electoral support - June 1932 specifically
Propaganda - canvassing etc.
Political intrigue - papen, Schleicher etc
Hitler's skills as a politician - orator, propaganda etc.

Thank you
Could you maybe expand on them a bit please
Thank you
Could you maybe expand on them a bit please

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sixschmidt

Omg that's so helpful thank you
Did you do that in class?
Original post by jodie1012
anyone got any a/a* essays/ plans on hitlers consolidation of power just in case edexcel are sneaky and ask a unit 6 again?

I thought Hitler's consolidation of power was unit 4? My teacher is betting unit 6 to come up this year.
Omg that's so helpful thank you
Did you do that in class?

Nah, it's a template that someone posted in last year's unit 3 option D thread, I just took it and added my own notes to it.
Reply 94
Is anyone actually convinced by the Primat der Innenpolitik theory? Why/ why not? :smile:
Reply 95
I thought Hitler's consolidation of power was unit 4? My teacher is betting unit 6 to come up this year.

Unit 1 is Second Reich
Unit 2 is the WW1 controversy
Unit 3 is the impact of war on Germany
Unit 4 is Weimar early years
Unit 5 is Golden Years
Unit 6 is Nazi Rise to Power
Unit 7 is popularity of Nazis controversy
Unit 8 is efficiency of Nazis controversy
Unit 9 is Nazis in WW2

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by eddso
Unit 1 is Second Reich
Unit 2 is the WW1 controversy
Unit 3 is the impact of war on Germany
Unit 4 is Weimar early years
Unit 5 is Golden Years
Unit 6 is Nazi Rise to Power
Unit 7 is popularity of Nazis controversy
Unit 8 is efficiency of Nazis controversy
Unit 9 is Nazis in WW2

Hope that helps :smile:

our teacher only taught us six units...
Reply 97
our teacher only taught us six units...

Yeah some colleges don't do the second controversy (which is unit 7 and 8 combined for section B) and miss out WW2 - that's absolutely fine and you will still have enough content to pass the exam (I'm not revising unit 7 and 8)
Original post by eddso
Yeah some colleges don't do the second controversy (which is unit 7 and 8 combined for section B) and miss out WW2 - that's absolutely fine and you will still have enough content to pass the exam (I'm not revising unit 7 and 8)

No this is how we've been taught:

Unit 1: the second reich
Unit 2: first controversy: Germany blame for WW1
Unit 3: Weimer republic
Unit 4: Germany rise to power
Unit 5: second controversy
Unit 6: Life in wartime Germany

my edexcel history textbook also only has 6 units.
Reply 99
No this is how we've been taught:

Unit 1: the second reich
Unit 2: first controversy: Germany blame for WW1
Unit 3: Weimer republic
Unit 4: Germany rise to power
Unit 5: second controversy
Unit 6: Life in wartime Germany

my edexcel history textbook also only has 6 units.

Oh your teacher must have just condensed them then

By edexcel textbook has 9 units; is yours the red textbook?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending