The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Could anyone let me know when applications for Audit are due to open for 2017 entry?

I've been looking around online and have got the impression that it's:

Deloitte: 18th July 2016
PwC: Probably early September
EY: Probably early August
KPMG: I have no idea

If anyone knows when they opened last year, I'd be very grateful :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
pwc - first week of september
ey - first week of august
kpmg - last week of august

mind you this is based on my experience from a couple of years ago, however, I don't think it's changed recently when thinking back to my friends applying last year
Original post by H.H.P.C.
Could anyone let me know when applications for Audit are due to open for 2017 entry?

I've been looking around online and have got the impression that it's:

Deloitte: 18th July 2016
PwC: Probably early September
EY: Probably early August
KPMG: I have no idea

If anyone knows when they opened last year, I'd be very grateful :smile:

Is this school leaver or graduate?
Reply 3
Original post by popcornjpg
Is this school leaver or graduate?

Graduate
Reply 4
Hey everyone, I've noticed PwC's applications for the assurance stream seem to have opened up already in the last couple of weeks. Anyone with any new information on this?
I applied for KPMG today, so they are definitely already open for some locations.
Original post by GoingToBurst
I applied for KPMG today, so they are definitely already open for some locations.

Are they open for London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Are they open for London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really not sure, sorry. I'm at a Scottish uni and applied for a Scottish city, for which the application link was sent directly to my email.
Why are these "the big four"?
Original post by Elivercury
Why are these "the big four"?

They are the four biggest accountancy firms internationally.
They are the four biggest accountancy firms internationally.

Ah makes sense. Thanks.
Reply 11
Any1 know how many grads EY takes? Some of their vacancies for 2016 are stil open.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Matthew7
Hey everyone, I've noticed PwC's applications for the assurance stream seem to have opened up already in the last couple of weeks. Anyone with any new information on this?

From the looks of it they have opened the Assurance applications for the Spring intake for Scotland, London and offices near London (St Albans, Uxbridge, Reading)

Was this definitely for 2017 intake? I can't find any details on their website
Reply 13
Original post by e^x
Any1 know how many grads EY takes? Some of their vacancies for 2016 are stil open.

All of them recruit c.1000 grads every year across all of their offices in the UK. There are indeed some vacancies left for 2016 in a range of streams.
Reply 14
Original post by KTS89
All of them recruit c.1000 grads every year across all of their offices in the UK. There are indeed some vacancies left for 2016 in a range of streams.

Do you have any idea why there are quite a few still open? I would've thought they would have been filled up by now.
Reply 15
Original post by e^x
Do you have any idea why there are quite a few still open? I would've thought they would have been filled up by now.

They haven't found the right people yet I guess so they keep on holding assessment centres. I'm waiting to be invited to a Big 4 AC myself but there is a high chance that I'll miss the 2016 entry since the intake is about to close soon.
Hey guys, thought i'd ask here. Do you know how much background checks are done at BDO and Grant Thornton? for graduates. I have an offer from both
Reply 17
Original post by realtopingo
Hey guys, thought i'd ask here. Do you know how much background checks are done at BDO and Grant Thornton? for graduates. I have an offer from both

What is it that you're worried about them finding?
Original post by H.H.P.C.
What is it that you're worried about them finding?

To be honest, nothing really to hide. I'm international and have most of my education, experience back home. Was just wondering how far they'd go in such checks. Maybe go secretly to my former employer or something especially cos the employer was a small business. And maybe i should give them a heads up.

Was only curious. Do you have any idea how it works?
Original post by realtopingo
To be honest, nothing really to hide. I'm international and have most of my education, experience back home. Was just wondering how far they'd go in such checks. Maybe go secretly to my former employer or something especially cos the employer was a small business. And maybe i should give them a heads up.

Was only curious. Do you have any idea how it works?

At least for those who use Hire Right to do background screening, they'll request a contact and then contact them to verify you worked there when you said you did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending