The Student Room Group

Looking for accommodation in London for summer internship

I'm looking for somewhere to live (halls style accommodation if possible) from 12th June - 6th August while I'm on placement this summer.
It would ideally be around the Victoria/Waterloo area in London as I am working at Victoria station. If not then on the Victoria/Circle and District lines by a few stops.

If anyone knows somewhere good or has something to offer themselves that would be great.

Thanks
Reply 1
I have a room that might suit you .. Have a look at my recent post.
Thanks
I have a fantastic double bed student room available in Tufnell Park. It is 20 mins from Victoria Station via the tube. £190per week, student accommodation with great facilities. (gym, games room, study space, laundry, 24 hour security)
Let me know if you're interested.
Reply 3
I'm in the same position! I found this decent looking place called student haus which seems perfect for me during my internship,Its actually halls which they rent out during the summer! The room is single occupancy so no sharing either ahah if you send them an email they got back to me really quickly with a price! Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Hi,

I don't know if you found a place yet, but I am currently trying to sub let my room with Unite Student for the summer. My place is just 3 minutes walk from Waterloo Station, and the rent is £235 per week including all bills.

Let me know if you are interested.
Original post by Yufei94
Hi,

I don't know if you found a place yet, but I am currently trying to sub let my room with Unite Student for the summer. My place is just 3 minutes walk from Waterloo Station, and the rent is £235 per week including all bills.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am looking for a student room from 3 July to 9 Sept. I think you have to transfer your tenancy via Unite. Would the dates suit? If so, is £235 what you actually pay Unite?
Reply 6
Hi, currently I have a girl who might take up my tenancy for the whole of July, however, she has yet to fully confirm it and I need to speak to the reception tomorrow about it. If you're still interested, my room will still be free from August onwards. But if you want the full stay from July to September, I'm speaking to reception tomorrow and I'll try and see if I can sort something out. You will need to contact Unite, they will send you a seperate contract and you can either pay directly to me or to unite, which then they will refund the money to me. The rent is £235 per week with a £250 deposit. :smile:
Thank you. August on its own is no good but 3 July to 9 Sept would be (10 weeks at £235 = £2350).
When does your tenancy end?
Will Unite transfer your tenancy for the last 10 weeks? (Some places say it has to be 12 weeks)
Which Unite building are you in? - Wellington Lodge?

It is for a full-time student at a UK university.
Reply 8
Original post by smithbibby
Thank you. August on its own is no good but 3 July to 9 Sept would be (10 weeks at £235 = £2350).
When does your tenancy end?
Will Unite transfer your tenancy for the last 10 weeks? (Some places say it has to be 12 weeks)
Which Unite building are you in? - Wellington Lodge?

It is for a full-time student at a UK university.

I see, would you be able to wait till tomorrow after I asked the reception? Personally, I would much prefer if you take over as that would mean my whole summer would be covered. My actual tenancy ends on 10th September. Yes, I am staying at Wellington Lodge.
Original post by Yufei94
I see, would you be able to wait till tomorrow after I asked the reception? Personally, I would much prefer if you take over as that would mean my whole summer would be covered. My actual tenancy ends on 10th September. Yes, I am staying at Wellington Lodge.

Let me know, particularly about the 10 weeks. Thanks,
Reply 10
Original post by smithbibby
I am looking for a student room from 3 July to 9 Sept. I think you have to transfer your tenancy via Unite. Would the dates suit? If so, is £235 what you actually pay Unite?

Hi,
Have you found an accommodation? I have a room to let at Spring Mews from July 02 to September 09. It is 5-6 mins walk to Vauxhall Station. The rent is £255 per week with £200 deposit.

Let me know if you interested.
Original post by steven06
Hi,
Have you found an accommodation? I have a room to let at Spring Mews from July 02 to September 09. It is 5-6 mins walk to Vauxhall Station. The rent is £255 per week with £200 deposit.

Let me know if you interested.

Many thanks, but just sorted today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending