The Student Room Group

Is size 8/10 chubby for someone who is 5"3?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
You're not going to get any kind of straight answer or intelligent discussion out of Madeline.

As you can see from her response to me she seems utterly incapable or reading and comprehending what is put in front of her, considering she ignored pretty much everything I said in my post and was unable to answer my question and refute my evidence against her claims. She instead posted a ridiculous counterargument of a 4'5 size 14 person, which is not remotely the same as what I offered up. And then went on to make out like she is doing the world a favour by telling girls who are not remotely fat that they are fat.

She's clearly the product of bad parenting and low self esteem. I can only assume mummy or daddy called her fat one too many times and so now she lashes out at others because she has horrifically warped view of normal and can't stand the thought of anyone being happy and healthy.

You're probably right haha! Yes, she does really. Yes, I know, she seems to be completely incapable of coming up with a coherent and logical argument to support her disgusting views so then has to resort to dodging all the main questions and points, posting a few sentences about a very unconvincing and irrelevant example and then finishing as she usually does with something particularly horrific. Do you think it's low self esteem? I read her profile and some of her previous posts on other threads as well as on here and I thought it was more that she is incredibly arrogant and thinks that she is more important and better than everyone else.
Original post by Anonymous
You are fine don't worry. :h:

Thank you. :h:
Original post by h333
OP you are absolutely fine....please don't worry too much. :h:

Thank you, I'll try not to. :h:
Original post by Madeline_H95
Don't use BMI, use your percentage of body fat to measure fatness. Percentage body fat is the best way to measure how fat someone is.

Is that really all that you can come up with as an answer to all the points that everyone's raised and all the questions they've asked? As a self-proclaimed "Little Miss Opinionated" you're not very good at justifying your appalling opinions and behaviour. You're backtracking as well because that completely contradicts what you said before. Anyway, I have never had my body fat percentage measured so I don't know what it is. It's probably just as well though because if I told you, you would most likely try to use it to "prove" that I was "fat" even if I had the lowest body fat percentage in the country.
Yes, I know, I think I've learnt that the hard way! Most people have been really nice but as you can see a few people have been pretty harsh and one horrendous. And yes I am usually someone who fixates on the negatives unfortunately but I'll try not to this time partly because I don't want to give Madeline the satisfaction haha. Yeah, as I said in my updated post, my measurements are actually bust: 36, waist: 26 and hips: 35. I got them slightly wrong in my original post lol. Thank you. :h: Oh, it says female on your profile?
Nope. I'm 5ft and I sometimes wear a size 10 on the bottom, but I'm not chubby at all.
I'm not medically underweight; my BMI is at the low end of a healthy weight. I used to be very underweight which is why I'm a bit insecure now I think. Wow, I've had such different replies on this - ranging from you're probably underweight through to you're a perfect size through to you're really fat.

If you're happy with your weight can I ask why you're asking this question?
It really shouldn't matter what other people think. As long as you're not unhealthy (over/underweight) then you should stay a size that you're comfortable with and is maintainable.

To answer your question, based on your height I suspect you're probably not exceptionally skinny. But you probably are on the thinner side of normal. Not in the least chubby.

I'm an overweight (previously obese) 20 yo male.
Reply 127
Thank you, I'll try not to. :h:

Welcome :yy:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Nope. I'm 5ft and I sometimes wear a size 10 on the bottom, but I'm not chubby at all.

Thank you, that makes me feel better. :smile:
Oh right, fair enough haha. Aww thank you! :h:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
If you're happy with your weight can I ask why you're asking this question?
It really shouldn't matter what other people think. As long as you're not unhealthy (over/underweight) then you should stay a size that you're comfortable with and is maintainable.

To answer your question, based on your height I suspect you're probably not exceptionally skinny. But you probably are on the thinner side of normal. Not in the least chubby.

I'm an overweight (previously obese) 20 yo male.

I'm not all that happy with it; that's why I'm asking the question. I think you must have misread what I've been saying? I used to be underweight and a size 4 or size 6 when I was younger so now that I'm a size 8 (very occasionally a 10) and a healthy weight I feel a bit chubby comparatively which makes me unhappy/insecure about my weight. Thank you. :smile:
Doesn't sound like something that should raise any alarms.. Also being chubby is pretty fine too!
Original post by Lucarious30
Doesn't sound like something that should raise any alarms.. Also being chubby is pretty fine too!

Nuh uh, being chubby is disgusting too. People need to be skinny
Sometimes the truth hurts
So what? I'm truthful.
Original post by Jebedee
Like I said it depends on height as that makes the biggest difference. A 5'11 girl at size 12 is also fairly slim. I don't date British girls so it isn't really an issue for me.

I don't think you're thinking of British sizing then mate. a US size 8 is a UK size 12. A size 8 here is a US 4
I am nearly 21 and have put on weight since leaving school. When I was 18 I was a size 4/size 6, 6 and a half stone and had a 22 inch waist. Now I am wearing a mixture of size 6 and size 8 clothes which are getting too small so I'm probably a size 8/size 10 really. I'm about 8 stone and now have measurements of 36-27-34. I've had to take a few gap years due to illness so because of this I've not been able to exercise. I'm planning to go to uni in 2017 and I'm feeling a bit unhappy with my weight now. Any other girls of similar age and height, what size are you? Does that sound chubby or like I need to lose weight?

I'm 18 and 5ft3 and wear size 4/6 clothes. 2 years ago I weighed around 8.5 stone, in that time, I seemed to get lots of compliments on my body/how I look. I also met my current boyfriend when I was this size. Since then I've lost about 1.5 stone, not intentionally simply because of lack of appetite - I've been struggling with anxiety and depression. Many people comment on how I look 'frail' and very small, and I can honestly say I am very unhappy with how I look and although I wouldn't say I look extremely skinny, I do want to put on weight to how I previously looked. So I would say it obviously depends on your body type and etc. but size 8/10 for me at 5ft3 was when i felt most comfortable with my body and probably the perfect size for me!
Original post by shaunnaob
I don't think you're thinking of British sizing then mate. a US size 8 is a UK size 12. A size 8 here is a US 4

I am.
Original post by Jebedee
I am.

Then I hope you are a six foot five body builder with a nine inch wong or you're setting expectations way too high for yourself.
Original post by shaunnaob
Then I hope you are a six foot five body builder with a nine inch wong or you're setting expectations way too high for yourself.

Speak for yourself. If you have to be an adonis just to be able to get a girl that isn't fat. You need to jump ship and search for greener pastures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending