The Student Room Group

10 hour revsion?

Is revising for ruffly 10 hours a day( with some past papers revision )boost a B grade to a high A* grade?

The longest I've went revising without a break is about 4 hours, so I'm willing to do 10 if it guarantees A*'s as I don't really have much to do during the day- may aswell revise.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by theBranicAc
Is revising for ruffly 10 hours a day( with some past papers revision )boost a B grade to a high A* grade?

The longest I've went revising without a break is about 4 hours, so I'm willing to do 10 if it guarantees A*'s as I don't really have much to do during the day- may aswell revise.

if it works for you then go ahead... make sure you take breaks in between though or you'll go crazy. Too much revision isn't good either. Take it easy. Good luck, hope you get the grade you want.
What year are you in? Y11? Because to be honest that's not the best way to revise. I like your enthusiasm but you're just going to burn out half way through. What's wrong with a 10 minute break every hour? Don't do 10 hours straight plssss :/ you'll go insane!! Good luck with revision, I'm sure you can smash those A*s (with breaks in between)
It's "roughly" by the way, instead of "ruffly".

quality over quantity mate
Reply 5
Original post by Ella_08
What year are you in? Y11? Because to be honest that's not the best way to revise. I like your enthusiasm but you're just going to burn out half way through. What's wrong with a 10 minute break every hour? Don't do 10 hours straight plssss :/ you'll go insane!! Good luck with revision, I'm sure you can smash those A*s (with breaks in between)
It's "roughly" by the way, instead of "ruffly".

Theres no way I could revise fo 10 hours straight, I would get hungry and tired. When I was talking about the 10 hour it excluded any breaks, so obviously I would have breaks but that dosen't count as revision

10 hours won't guarantee A*s but you can always try your best.
Do past papers, mark them and check the grade boundaries for that year to see if you can get an A*.
If you're willing to put in that much work, go for it.
Reply 7
Original post by SuperHuman98
quality over quantity mate

Yes I know but im not really efficent with the way I use my time, so longer time periods will increase quality
Yes I know but im not really efficent with the way I use my time, so longer time periods will increase quality

no go and revise in the library where there are less distractions
If its 10 hours before the actual exam go for it!
lol gotta love cram revision although 10 hours is a bit excessive in general.

But quality not quantity. You need to understand what the hell you are revising.
If you do a past paper at the end of it and still haven't improved then the way that you revise isn't working.
Theres no way I could revise fo 10 hours straight, I would get hungry and tired. When I was talking about the 10 hour it excluded any breaks, so obviously I would have breaks but that dosen't count as revision

Ok, i see. Now i'm less worried lol. If you want to do that, sure - but judge it wisely. if you get bored or drained out just stop. I'm sure you already know this (:
'Ruffly'
Definitely an A* student over here.
To echo what the above posters have already said, don't measure it by how much time you spend on your revision. Measure it by how much you get done.

10 hours does seem like too much.
10 hours... ?

Spoiler

Lol. Just yesterday you were ranting about how 'overrated' GCSE's are. Why are you revising? Don't forget: GCSE's are overrated!
Reply 15
That's a bit mental, but tbh with my level of preparation and time left for some exams I might be doing that soon lol
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Lol. Just yesterday you were ranting about how 'overrated' GCSE's are. Why are you revising? Don't forget: GCSE's are overrated!

by overrated i mean people stress to much about it, and whats me revising got to do with it being overated, it's not like im stressed about it, im just doing regular revision so that i dont end up cramming
Reply 17
Hah I can't even binge watch TV for 10 hours without getting bored as hell, I don't think that's the way to an a*, but whatever works for you I guess
by overrated i mean people stress to much about it, and whats me revising got to do with it being overated, it's not like im stressed about it, im just doing regular revision so that i dont end up cramming

That's an absolute joke, you doing 'regular revision'. If that was indeed the case, the likelihood of you posting a thread about doing ten hours of revision a day would be close to zero.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
That's an absolute joke, you doing 'regular revision'. If that was indeed the case, the likelihood of you posting a thread about doing ten hours of revision a day would be close to zero.

i dont do 10 hours, i do an average of 2-3 a couple of times a day, i ust did post of it just to gather people opinions of it

Quick Reply

Latest