The Student Room Group

Retaking maths modules 2016

Hey,
I want to retake my C1 C2 and S1 next year as I don't think I reached my potential this year.
Will universities not like this and is this solely my decision or also the schools?
Original post by Azim101
Hey,
I want to retake my C1 C2 and S1 next year as I don't think I reached my potential this year.
Will universities not like this and is this solely my decision or also the schools?

It is solely your decision but needs to be in consultation with your school/college as they may not pay for it or allow you to do it with them if they don't agree with your decision. How a university would react to it depends on which uni and what you are applying for, most will not care and are only concerned with your final grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
It is solely your decision but needs to be in consultation with your school/college as they may not pay for it or allow you to do it with them if they don't agree with your decision. How a university would react to it depends on which uni and what you are applying for, most will not care and are only concerned with your final grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think unis like UCL IMPERIAL KINGS LSE Oxbridge will mind?
Original post by Azim101
do you think unis like UCL IMPERIAL KINGS LSE Oxbridge will mind?

I know several people who have attended UCL and imperial after some unit resits. Oxford and Cambridge are ok with the odd resit (I've seen Cambridge explicitly state this on their web site) but both would look very carefully at someone who needed to retake all of their AS unit exams to achieve a decent grade.

The most competitive courses at the most sought after universities tend to look for candidates with a strong track record of consistent success. Contact them when you have got your results and have identified your preferred course and ask them for their opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
I know several people who have attended UCL and imperial after some unit resits. Oxford and Cambridge are ok with the odd resit (I've seen Cambridge explicitly state this on their web site) but both would look very carefully at someone who needed to retake all of their AS unit exams to achieve a decent grade.

The most competitive courses at the most sought after universities tend to look for candidates with a strong track record of consistent success. Contact them when you have got your results and have identified your preferred course and ask them for their opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man

Quick Reply

Latest