The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Old Specification

Does anyone know if we have November retakes this year (2016) for the old specification or was the last November retake exams last year (2105)? Not sure!
Original post by varshan_k
Does anyone know if we have November retakes this year (2016) for the old specification or was the last November retake exams last year (2105)? Not sure!

I was wondering this too! They can't expect retakes to learn a whole new spec, can they?
Reply 2
Original post by romansholiday
I was wondering this too! They can't expect retakes to learn a whole new spec, can they?

Oh, i just found that there are retakes this November and it will be the last ones; also the only subjects that you can retake is GCSE Maths, English and English Literature.
Oh, i just found that there are retakes this November and it will be the last ones; also the only subjects that you can retake is GCSE Maths, English and English Literature.

Not quite true.
There will be retakes available in November And in summer 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Not quite true.
There will be retakes available in November And in summer 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh, in summer 2017 it will be the remaining subjects that will be the old spec i think.
Yh, in summer 2017 it will be the remaining subjects that will be the old spec i think.

IT will be possible to Retake old spec maths in summer 2017. it was confirmed recently by ofqual and is shown in some exam timetables. But it will not be permissible to take old spec for the first time in summer 2017 and so you are right that anyone new to maths GCSE will be taking the new specification exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest